1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 179 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2011 10:04 AM by izedneck Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: Swiming with Sharks. Chaos/Fun vs Competition/Balance

Icy_tissues wrote:

I love how cocky and arrogant they are.. Come play on pc and bring your crappy controllers with you, console scrubs.   

Sorry, not everyone likes playing on a hack-infested and unlevel playing field.

I have a gaming PC but play competitive FPS on console.
        • 21. Re: Swiming with Sharks. Chaos/Fun vs Competition/Balance
          Edgex13
          Thank Vahn for taking time to address the Community.

Let me first start by saying I am not qualified to make such big decisions and these are strictly my opinions whether right or wrong.

Having said that let me focus on MLG- just like any big sporting organization (MLB, NBA..etc) they seek to bring about a very competitive environment and attract the very best of the best in the community. Let me move on with that focus in mind.

Just like NBA didn't invent basketball or most of the rules they did however make the sport national and competitive. MLG didn't invent video games but has organized gaming into something more competitive then what you see over the internet. I'm not sure how the MLG comes to the conclusion that certain game tools shouldn't be used and some should be used.

I know this isn't a Halo forum so please don't flame me, but, having said that lets face it Halo is the biggest franchise on the "Circuit". Why they chose to make the BR do 15.x damage, removed radar or increase player movement speed, and change weapon spawns is beyond me. I do however think that looking into what MLG THINKS makes a competitive game will give you and Treyarch some insight into where Black Ops belongs in the MLG community.
          • 22. Re: Swiming with Sharks. Chaos/Fun vs Competition/Balance
            Icy_tissues
            That's what they all say. And play private servers if you don't want to play with "hackers", with good admins there's barely any at all. pc players are just ahead of console gamers. Oh and did I mention mouse is more precise?
            • 23. Re: Swiming with Sharks. Chaos/Fun vs Competition/Balance
              JonnyR17

Icy_tissues wrote:

I love how cocky and arrogant they are.. Come play on pc and bring your crappy controllers with you, console scrubs.   

oh the irony
              • 24. Re: Swiming with Sharks. Chaos/Fun vs Competition/Balance
                Icy_tissues

JonnyR17 wrote:

Icy_tissues wrote:

oh the irony

that's how you drain a douchebag bro.
                • 25. Re: Swiming with Sharks. Chaos/Fun vs Competition/Balance
                  Going back to where CoD started, the PC -- competition has usually attempted to weed out the aspects of the game where it's not "The Player" doing the killing.  Launchers, equipment, certain attachments, kill streaks and the like are removed.  Every attempt is made to make every player competing essentially have the same arsenal as his/her disposal.  Sure people can use SMG's, and assaults or scope's, but they are limited in numbers and which specific weapons can be used.

Bare bones is a very good start.  (There are some places where perks are allowed of course, this is just one example)

When mod tools are released on the PC, all of the aspects of the "match" game mode that bare bones doesn't address will certainly (hopefully) be taken care of.

How you get this type of play list on the consoles who knows.  That I'll leave to the smart people. 

Just trying to get across what one specific group of players would be looking for in an MLG / Competitive play list or game mode.

Not even sure if the people playing competitively on a console want that type of play list, but I'd have to imagine so.
                  • 26. Re: Swiming with Sharks. Chaos/Fun vs Competition/Balance

Icy_tissues wrote:

That's what they all say. And play private servers if you don't want to play with "hackers", with good admins there's barely any at all. pc players are just ahead of console gamers. Oh and did I mention mouse is more precise?

PC players aren't better; they have an easier to use movement and aiming system.

You know, I do play PC FPS... Even with dedis, from what I've seen, hackers reign supreme. This new fad of permabanning hackers might fix that though.
                    • 27. Re: Swiming with Sharks. Chaos/Fun vs Competition/Balance
                      ghostsquad

Icy_tissues wrote:

JonnyR17 wrote:

Icy_tissues wrote:

oh the irony

that's how you drain a douchebag bro.

Geez, how hold are you brah? 14 or 15?
                      • 28. Re: Swiming with Sharks. Chaos/Fun vs Competition/Balance
                        Icy_tissues

First I would like to know whether or not are U mad?
                        • 29. Re: Swiming with Sharks. Chaos/Fun vs Competition/Balance
                          mdub

Jackel. wrote:

The main balance problem is the variety in the guns. Most of them are the same. 3 default full auto fire rates (one of which is only used on one gun, by default). MW2 guns were balanced. And that game was plenty chaotic. But here, Spectre and Ak74u>all other smgs. As the stats of the others are the same, but those two have a bigger mag size. And the assault rifles, they're the same too. The commando, Ak 47 and the galil fire at the same rate, have the same damage and they have similar recoil. What's the point in using the AK 47, when the commando bounces less? And the FAMAS. Why use any of the SMGs over something that fires at the same rate and does more damage? It out hip fires SMGs. And the ADS don't matter much outside it.

Another thing is, you don't have much initiative to prestige. Mostly cosmetic things. And you lose all your money, and start of from scratch. Thats why a lot of people say the game gets boring faster.

That's just my two cents.

Absolutely nothing about MW2 was balanced. Thats just absurd if you actually believe that.
                          1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next