1 2 3 4 Previous Next 289 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2011 9:23 AM by SPAS-Man Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: "MLG Playlist" - Full discussion

Artifice1112 wrote:

It seems as if you guys either aren't able or aren't willing to incorporate these rules.  While it's true that MLG is not the only competitive organization for CoD, every other organization bans generally the same things.  You're not going to find a competitive organization for Call of Duty that does not ban things like grenade launchers, last stand, etc.

If you guys are not able to go all the way on these rules, then please don't butcher them by only going halfway, and instead just don't do it at all.  We will just wait for another game either by you guys or anther studio to come out to create a competitive playlist.  We've been patient for years.  We will still be waiting when you guys do get around to it.

Thank you for taking the time to approach the topic.  This is the first time we've had that and it means a lot to us.

Agreed.  I think the parts that matter are the gameplay settings (ie banned list, gametype vs map, respawn delay, friendly fire, etc).  And if you could not do these completely and properly, its not worth doing.
        • 11. Re: "MLG Playlist" - Full discussion
          I fully understand that some of the things aren't feasible, or possible, like you stated.  However, I do think that some sort of "competitive" playlist would be awesome.  If there was some gametype implemented, and it followed competitive 4v4, as much as I love the playlist, replacing team tactical seems like it might be the one to replace.

As far as gameplay mechanics, to make it more competitive, but stay within the realms of the games current programming, why not make it like the barebones gametype, but allow perks and attachments.  It would get rid of the killstreaks and the equipment which seems to be the main thing that is banned in competitive gaming (I know launchers are as well, but no feasible).

Looking back to my first paragraph about the possibility of replacing Team Tactical, would it be within reason to change the Barebones section to say "Competitive" and allow perks and attachments? 

It's a thought, but thanks for considering this and taking the time to talk to the community,
          Bryan
          • 12. {no subject}
            BahdVibeZ
            If it would be easier on your part and MLG's part, I think the MLG Playlist system should only be integrated into the PlayStation 3. For example, you would never see an MLG playlist for Halo on PlayStation 3 (if PlayStation 3 had Halo in the first place) considering MLG hosts Halo on the Xbox 360. Adding an MLG playlist would most definitely increase the turnouts of MLG events for Black Ops obviously and I feel like this should, without a doubt, be added to matchmaking. In order for the Call of Duty community to improve and increase in numbers, this is the 1st step in doing so. If you guys wouldn't be able to remove every banned attachment, perk, etc. I'm pretty sure we could deal with people throwing decoys around the map. As long as it is integrated and it's as close to the MLG rules as possible, it would be fine. In other words, something is better than nothing.
            • 13. Re: "MLG Playlist" - Full discussion
              Apathy xo
              Regardless of the fact that the circuit is PS3 exclusive, the xbox competitive scene is far larger than the ps3 scene. Just because the pro circuit is on the PS3 doesn't mean it should be an exclusive.

Thanks Vahn for posting this, I hope in the near future something can be worked out for an MLG playlist.
              • 14. Re: "MLG Playlist" - Full discussion
                General:
                - The General rules are really only applicable to tournament play. Halo has the same rules but they still do an MLG playlist as well.
                Gaemplay:
                - I don't see any problem with having domination played without the 2nd round addition. The only reason that rule is in place is to eliminate any unfair advantage a team may have by spawning on one side or the other. The only map where I could see this being a huge problem would be Villa and it would definitely need to be removed.
                - For CTF the no capture limit idea is for when a team wins the first side say 3-0 and say they lose the 2nd side 3-2. Well they still had 5 total captures to the other teams 3. So they capped more flags and this helps to keep teams from going into tiebreaker rounds.
                - The CTF tiebreaker you described is only applicable to LAN events. Do to time constraints it makes more sense to have the winning team determined by who can cap 1 flag the fastest. For Online though the entire map is usually re-played. I would not be concerned about this as having teams tie is not a big deal.
                Gametypes:
                - It's really a non issue if you can't make it play the gametypes in the MLG order. Most people don't enjoy playing SnD anyway and would prefer to just vote on the next gametype and map.
                - Friendly fire should be enabled it's supposed to be that way and most people who use the playlist will be in parties anyway.
                - The banned items however are a big issue as allowing things like Flak jacket and secondary launchers completely change the game. If you can't ban all that stuff there's no point in doing it.
                Summary:
                - The only real issues are the banned items. Those are a very important part of the settings probably the most important and if you can't make them work there is no point.
                - As far as the issues with adding together rounds and such it's not a big deal if teams tie or if you have to only play 1 side of domination. The only map that really matters on is Villa and it would need to be removed.
                • 15. Re: "MLG Playlist" - Full discussion
                  MovinSoSlow18
                  I think that call of duty in competitive gaming really needs some more exposure. When i went to Dallas i expected to see a huge turnout for the call of duty fans. What i found was a scene mainly dominated by halo players, i think adding a MLG playlist would be a good start in increasing the popularity of competitive gaming from the call of duty aspect. As far as the playlist itself goes, i think you should just do what you think is reasonable and people should be happy they get anything at all.
                  • 16. Re: "MLG Playlist" - Full discussion

Artifice1112 wrote:

It seems as if you guys either aren't able or aren't willing to incorporate these rules.  While it's true that MLG is not the only competitive organization for CoD, every other organization bans generally the same things.  You're not going to find a competitive organization for Call of Duty that does not ban things like grenade launchers, last stand, etc.

If you guys are not able to go all the way on these rules, then please don't butcher them by only going halfway, and instead just don't do it at all.  We will just wait for another game either by you guys or anther studio to come out to create a competitive playlist.  We've been patient for years.  We will still be waiting when you guys do get around to it.

Thank you for taking the time to approach the topic.  This is the first time we've had that and it means a lot to us.

But honestly I would rather have a playlist with what they can do as of now, because its better than nothing. It also shows that they are in fact willing to work with us and do everything they can now, which means they MAY help us out even more in the future with the possibility of a new game where they DO limit everything we don't wan't. I saw take what we can get know in hope of a lot more in the future. That sounded REALLY greedy =P.
                    • 17. Re: "MLG Playlist" - Full discussion
                      WesTCoastiN
                      Ohh and the only reason Black Ops is on the PS3 and not the 360 is because Sony sponsors MLG. The Xbox has fewer problems, more players, better controllers and MLG was founded on the Xbox (Halo 1). So to say "Make the playlist for PS3 only" is retarded.
                      • 18. Re: "MLG Playlist" - Full discussion
                        David,

First of all, I think it's great you guys are giving back to the competitive community.  It's been a long time since I've seen direct communication like this, and it's getting everyone excited.  Let's just hope some of their excitement doesn't come off as overwhelming!  I don't speak for MLG or the players playing under their competitions, but these are my thoughts on the matter.  Anywho, to the real topic.

You've already posted the gametypes/settings/maps so I won't fill the space with them unless needed.

Every game - Perks, attachments, equipment, grenades: Any of these being restricted is a plus.

Domination - It may be two halves in an actual match, but I would easily accept the playlist to be a single eight minute side.  We're not playing for prizes/money/glory here.  We're just trying to match up against other players in an easier manner than directly messaging people and hope they want to play.

SnD:  No extra changes need to be added.

CTF:  Overtime rule is the only concern here.  I would just keep it on a 3min timer or first to capture a flag, whichever comes first.

If it's not a MLG playlist, maybe we can just work on it being a "Competitive" playlist.
                        Anything that is added/modified and accessible with these customized changes will only help the ability to "tune" the game into a longer lasting presence within this type of community.  THANKS!
                        • 19. Re: "MLG Playlist" - Full discussion
                          t.v-o
                          An MLG playlist would be a great addition. Maybe I missed it reading through this but would this be 4v4? Anyways I would sacrifice the hardcore playlists, but that's just me. None of the people I play with ever go into HC. As for the PS3 playlist thing you should definitely add it on PS3 I mean honestly we already get duped out by getting the map packs a month later at least make this so it can be fair. You're an awesome person for pushing this MLG idea "OpTic Vahn" I hope this goes through.
                          1 2 3 4 Previous Next