40 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2011 7:29 AM by iif0xh0undii RSS

This is the truth, nothing more than the truth.

CrayHD
      Just listen to him:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMT6ICqUJzI&feature=feedu

"Once you get used to a shitty game, it's ok for you"        
        • Re: This is the truth, nothing more than the truth.

CrayHD wrote:

Just listen to him:

F1st speaks wisdom. 
            True for any game... That's why people like Modern Warfare 2 aswell. Or Call Of Duty in general. I love the series... But it has problems. Black Ops is the best one so far if you ask me though.
              Yea this is a beta.

Matchmaking, framerate, hit detection, retarded kill cams, Theatre is laggy when used with others, and horrible gameplay.

inb4 fanboyism.
                iif0xh0undii
                Ten percent issue discussion and ninety percent sensationalism.

• "I want dedicated servers."
                • "This game has so many flaws."
                • "I want what I want regardless of balancing issues."
                • "I don't like kill streaks."
                • "I am going to go with what is popular."
                • "If you play this game you are bad."
                • "I'm going to create videos on what you want, even a supposedly bad game."
                • "I am angry about a perk but I don't know what it is."

All statements were said to some extent or were implied.

Lag issues are a hot topic. Sure, everyone is going to rally for dedicated servers but there are many issues which affect latency and reaction time. I'll let people fight that one out, but my connection and the overall experience I have had is optimal. The rest of his discussion is kind of round about and weakened. Dislike perks or kill streaks? This is why Bare Bones exists. Dislike how fast you are running? Equip a perk and adapt. What? You don't want to? Then your inability to adapt is completely to blame. Issues like these I find annoying in the user base. This is like blaming campers on the parent developer of any game. Change the approach and yield success.

Fist is just going for views and it is sad to see people rally in behind it. Social media sensationalism for the loss.
                  Just sounds like complaints based on personal experiences with the game. I don't play Black Ops as much as I used to, but when I weigh my good and bad experiences with the game, combined with the time spent playing, I definitely feel as if I've got my $60s worth out of it. Simply put, I enjoyed the game and the fun elements it had to offer.

I can't really take the comments of the commentator seriously because, let's face it - he's just another player. Doesn't matter if he's good or bad, he's still considered a player, and every single player has their own preferences and experiences when it comes to playing certain games. And above all, I'm not going to take his word as the absolute word, like he's God or something, because I have a mind of my own - I don't need to let the experiences of other people speak for me.
                    resistflags
                    Just COD for me

Sigh it worse on PS3 believe me
                    It time for ded servers and less lag

And i don't care what they said it far too laggy
                      Black_Knight_7

TheGermanScientist wrote:

True for any game... That's why people like Modern Warfare 2 aswell. Or Call Of Duty in general. I love the series... But it has problems. Black Ops is the best one so far if you ask me though.

cod4 is the best. cant be disputed.

Black_Knight_7 wrote:

Of course it can - opinions can always be disputed. Doesn't mean that the argument will result in a factual winner, though.
                          II F0XH0UND II used logic! It's super-effective!
                            pdidyxx73
                            I totally agree with Fist man
                              iidarkshadowoo
                              I couldn't go past the first two minutes; I was losing brain cells. 
                                wii_man13
                                What a crying little girl. $100 says that this kid is getting MW3 and every other CoD after it.

II F0XH0UND II wrote:

Lag issues are a hot topic. Sure, everyone is going to rally for dedicated servers but there are many issues which affect latency and reaction time. I'll let people fight that one out, but my connection and the overall experience I have had is optimal. The rest of his discussion is kind of round about and weakened. Dislike perks or kill streaks? This is why Bare Bones exists. Dislike how fast you are running? Equip a perk and adapt. What? You don't want to? Then your inability to adapt is completely to blame. Issues like these I find annoying in the user base. This is like blaming campers on the parent developer of any game. Change the approach and yield success.

Fist is just going for views and it is sad to see people rally in behind it. Social media sensationalism for the loss.

God damn I love when mods stick up for their company  In the past forums I've been a member of the mods only came out when the ban hammer was needed, and that just sucked.

CrayHD wrote:

Just listen to him:

It's called APATHY....and it describes 90% of all gamers today.  PS3, 360, PC....most are apathetic.

I love how the guy in the video keeps talking about dedicated servers.  I can only conclude it's because he is well aware of the difference a good ping and great hit boxes can make in a FPS.

But don't worry Kotick....they will be back for another feces burger.  They can't help themselves, and you know it.

II F0XH0UND II wrote:

Not sure if your the same FOXHOUND or not...but the name sounds very familiar.

In the end...I have to agree with the guy in the video.  It is complacency.  I actually just got done responding to a guy on the EA forums who said, "in the end you gotta make the best of whatever is given. we will all buy it play it whine about it...".  How can these types of attitudes be good for gaming or it's future?

I want to feel bad for people who don't like BO, but I can't.  I just can't.  They bought it on blind faith, without a demo, and got what they deserved.  So it will be the same for MW3.

I'm just saying.  It's gotta end somewhere.  Somehow, someway....it's gotta stop.  Why am I looking for a new game that resembles all the feature that were standard to gaming 6 years ago?  It's like....I'm looking backwards.  How crazy is that?  I'm looking for gaming to take a 6 year step back.  Never heard about hitboxes, lag, dedicated servers, mod tools.  Hell, the biggest issue to EVER affect CoD, CoD:UO, and CoD2 was an anti-cheat.  It wasn't until CoD4 that PB came "out of the box" and it was problem solved.

Go look for it.....IWNation.com has a TON of old post from those days.  No my friend, I'm not crazy.  Things weren't always "this bad".  It's NOT the power of nostalgia....and the days of salad and glory are behind us.

Black_Knight_7 wrote:

Can be, and is.....CoD2 kills them all.
                                          DropDragon
                                          Game is pretty down but a Tube commentator isn't putting it right.
                                            strategist

II F0XH0UND II wrote:

ya, gotta love it when  moderator support their company.  Sure, this guy in the video lands short on everything, but think about it.  There is only 10 minutes of video.  The problems with Black Ops is so enourmous, that it cannot be described in just mere 10 minutes.  On the other hand,  Modern Warfare 2.  It have problems, yes.  But usually you can list almost all the problems with it in just 3 minutes.  (OMA, Tube, Commando, Overpowered Killstreak).
                                              vims1990
                                              When I compare the flaws with Black Ops against MW2 what I notice is that Treyarch's flaws aren't intentional yet it still happens.

With IW, their flaws are intentional because the game was developed that way.
                                              The Commando perk was suppose to increase knife range.
                                              When a player didn't use commando perk in MW2, my gun will always beat the knife at medium/short range.

Treyarch removed the commando perk yet when I fire my SMG at medium/short range, the other player can still teleport through my bullets and knife me.
                                              Napalm Strike kills me while I'm in a building (no windows)
                                              I shoot someone from behind yet they turn around and shoot me with a couple of bullets.
                                              I die from claymores even when I'm not within the blast radius
                                              Second Chance users still fire their primary weapon while falling into second chance
                                              Connection in Black Ops is so frustrating. I spend my time looking for decent lobbies than playing the game itself.
                                              Once I find a lobby, most of the time the game is in progress and the scores are 190 - 55 in domination, 200 - 0 in HQ and in demolition, the game just has attack dogs, chopper gunner & blackbird's.

What makes Black Ops so frustrating is that their flaws weren't intentionally made. Even after so many patches, the game is still a broken mess.
                                              Sure if IW went back to fixing MW2's problems, the game would be great.

II F0XH0UND II wrote:

Im not here to be like i hate your game cause it lags alot. You guys did promise dedicated servers though and it never happened, I just want to know why? I actually enjoy playing this game but it lags like 20 percent in my games that i play. It just gets annoying when you shoot a whole clip into the guy and only five bullets hit him and he is still alive. I dont mean that its lagging like crazy that everyone has a 1 bar but there is some things that i would like to be changed and i know you can do it. The most thing i want changed is when the game lags out back to the lobby, is so that i dont get a loss, seriously that is just annoying i can never get a high winstreak, mine would be at about 40 but the game just sends us back to the lobby and that is just lame plus it doesnt save that game and by that i mean you cant record what happened to your theater. I got such a good montage on search i no scope 2 kids and then get a couple good sniper shots and the best i no scope an enemy rc xd, next thing you know, lag out to the lobby. Then i just want to know what is up when the host switches it makes someone who has very poor connection host, i dont know if that is someone hacking or using mods so everyone lags and the host does well or is it just a laggy crappy host.

I like black ops and i just hope map pack 2 will be ok because i usually play zombies but ascension just got boring so quick so im playing multiplayer going for 15th, i think at most ill get there by the start of summer, or ill go for 13th when there is double xp. I just want zombies to be more challenges. And if you can answer why you guys didnt put ded. servers cause I saw in some vids treyarch making that statement. PEACE

kill for blood wrote:

II F0XH0UND II wrote:

Im not here to be like i hate your game cause it lags alot. You guys did promise dedicated servers though and it never happened, I just want to know why? I actually enjoy playing this game but it lags like 20 percent in my games that i play. It just gets annoying when you shoot a whole clip into the guy and only five bullets hit him and he is still alive. I dont mean that its lagging like crazy that everyone has a 1 bar but there is some things that i would like to be changed and i know you can do it. The most thing i want changed is when the game lags out back to the lobby, is so that i dont get a loss, seriously that is just annoying i can never get a high winstreak, mine would be at about 40 but the game just sends us back to the lobby and that is just lame plus it doesnt save that game and by that i mean you cant record what happened to your theater. I got such a good montage on search i no scope 2 kids and then get a couple good sniper shots and the best i no scope an enemy rc xd, next thing you know, lag out to the lobby. Then i just want to know what is up when the host switches it makes someone who has very poor connection host, i dont know if that is someone hacking or using mods so everyone lags and the host does well or is it just a laggy crappy host.

I like black ops and i just hope map pack 2 will be ok because i usually play zombies but ascension just got boring so quick so im playing multiplayer going for 15th, i think at most ill get there by the start of summer, or ill go for 13th when there is double xp. I just want zombies to be more challenges. And if you can answer why you guys didnt put ded. servers cause I saw in some vids treyarch making that statement. PEACE

You know Foxhound doesn't actually work at Treyarch, right? He's a forum moderator.
                                                    I have been waiting for over 4 years for dedicated servers.  The dev's know me, just give them to me already.
                                                      iif0xh0undii

kill for blood wrote:

II F0XH0UND II wrote:

They promised dedicated servers?

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=251142&p=2949278#p2949278

This is a post which Vahn addressed about servers etc. The only platform promised dedicated servers was the PC sector.

@Brandaman - I work for Activision/Treyarch as a moderator. I have an official position, but am not a developer. So, yes your statement is somewhat accurate.
                                                      • Re: This is the lies, nothing more than the lies.
                                                        BurnerMeen

II F0XH0UND II wrote:

kill for blood wrote:

II F0XH0UND II wrote:

They promised dedicated servers?

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=251142&p=2949278#p2949278

This is a post which Vahn addressed about servers etc. The only platform promised dedicated servers was the PC sector.

@Brandaman - I work for Activision/Treyarch as a moderator. I have an official position, but am not a developer. So, yes your statement is somewhat accurate.

Holy crap. I just saw a thread with a moderator that posted twice. :shock:  :o  Imma losin my mind here........

I just love how people act like YouTube is television. "It was on YouTube, it must be true." People tend to be sheep, human nature. That, and blame it on the other guy. "I had nothing to do with this!" I say that because several of my friends bought BlOps because it "was going to be awesome."

I bought this game because REZNOV (loved WaW; bring back gore, if possible), customization, purchase system (to me, it could be better if I didn't have to rank in order to unlock, just let me buy when I get enough), and theater. I completely forgot about interactive maps and custom games and other stuff. It had features that looked interesting, and were somewhat unique. Guy in vidya, sheep. herder.
                                                          That guy is a d1ckhead.
                                                            Tobiman777

Black_Knight_7 wrote:

Yes it can. CoD:W@W. It has Nazi zombies.

I WIN. (:
                                                              ball ache2008

II F0XH0UND II wrote:

F0XH0UND shoots and scores, but annoyingly most people missed it because they were too busy complaining.

This game provides you with so many tools against issues that the player might have but very few players adapt and use these tools and instead would much rather argue and rant about how something is unfair rather then doing something about it.

Yes there are issues but no game is perfect and many of the issues in BO have a tool available to try to help.

Lag- Locale only search
                                                              Explosives- FJ
                                                              Slow gameplay- Lightweight so you get into the action quicker
                                                              Camping- Blackbird
                                                              SC- Shotgun or headshot

I can't be bothered to list them all. Jist is if you choose not to use that counter, as F0XH0UND states, that is your downfall and not the companies. Some just don't get it i'm afraid, however many times some of us here try to help them.
                                                                He really didnt shoot and score. While the delivery wasn;t that great in the video, there is no point in denying the issues.

Also, thanks for filling most of my class just so I can avoid some of the BS in the game, like invisimores and second death.

Shotgun [lol, UP much?]
                                                                [x]

Lightweight
                                                                Steady Aim/SoH
                                                                Flak Jacket

XX Blackbird
                                                                  ball ache2008

asasa wrote:

He really didnt shoot and score. While the delivery wasn;t that great in the video, there is no point in denying the issues.

Also, thanks for filling most of my class just so I can avoid some of the BS in the game, like invisimores and second death.

The BS you talk about is other peoples choices. Yes if you want to try to counter many things you have to fill your class but at least you can counter them effectively. The class section of the game is all about opportunity cost, you have to choose which you will counter through perk and equipment choice and which you must counter using your own skill and cunning. You can't avoid all the BS as you put it because the BS is other people and their style of gameplay. If you could counter everything it would be unfair and if you choose to counter many things you must be prepared to sacrifice some of your own personal perk choices. The game will not do everything for you.

There are no game breaking perk combinations either, not M/L/C not OMA/DC not claymores/ scav. The BS you have to deal with in BO is greatly reduced already, i mean really the complainers are complaining because as far as i can tell they enjoy it. Yes the issues are present such as connection but as far as game class and mechanics issues are concerned there are really very few. The previous games did so much to aid people that they became very easy, BO has taken some of the ease away and introduced choices which apparently some of the community do not like.

There are no game breaking perk combinations either, not M/L/C not OMA/DC not claymores/ scav. The BS you have to deal with in BO is greatly reduced already, i mean really the complainers are complaining because as far as i can tell they enjoy it. Yes the issues are present such as connection but as far as game class and mechanics issues are concerned there are really very few.

Oh, I definitely agree with you there. I'm complaining, but in all honesty, I don't enjoy it. I only do it in hopes of fixing it, believe it or not.

What I do disagree on is counters. To say being able to counter everything would be cheap... well, not really. Only certain things need counters, the rest can remain open and "unbalanced". [Sniper vs SMG close range]. Smart gameplay was relatively rewarding in MW2. You could be cautious and avoid campmores, grenades, and in some cases, even skill cylinders... but in Black Ops, it's just not possible to do it without the help of a perk. Thankfully the pro pipe was nerfed so it's not much of an issue. In my opinion, it's safe to call anything that is insta death while requiring little to no skill to use BS. [Essentially, explosives - especially set it and forget it explosives.]

My primary issues with this game are the hit detection, lack of weapon VARIETY [I can live with imbalance, but imbalance when everything is the same? How can you be this bad at your job, weapon designer guy?] , and graphics - none of which seem to be being fixed. 

Now I have no clue what I'm going on about... gotta love how your brain works when tired  
                                                                      ball ache2008

CrayHD wrote:

Just listen to him:

Once more Cray you have got it slightly wrong i'm afraid. Your title states truth and nothing more then the truth when in fact it is opinion and nothing more then opinion. If you really had to make the thread you should have been factual about what you were talking/ mentioning about. State "xxxxx" (name of commentator) views, then mention you agree. Not this is the truth because although the opinions may hold true for you and this guy they do not hold true for others and hence you thread title becomes misleading to those still enjoying the game who do not need reminding of this everyday. Please can you stop with the negativity threads, we get it already. We know your views and do not require you telling/ sharing them on a daily basis. This post could have gone in any of your current threads. 
                                                                        Giliann

CrayHD wrote:

That's the worst statement I have ever heard. If it was a shitty game you wouldn't even be playing it. You can't really get used to a game you don't play because you don't like it. And even if you weren't playing the game because YOU THINK it's shitty doesn't mean it's shitty in general.
                                                                          KjAcer

II F0XH0UND II wrote:

I totally agree with foxhound. People need to stop complaining about EVERYTHING, and need to go back to gaming.

I have a pretty good internet connection, and I have no lag problems AT ALL. Not even when I'm the host, and I am the host a lot because of my internet. The game runs fine, and I do not have the search button on LOCAL ONLY. If you really have problems with the intert, place your xbox, pc ps3 or whatever near the router, or wire it. If you have lag, it isn't the fault of the company, it is the fault of your OWN internet
                                                                          (Before I wired my ps3, I had a crappy internet connection, and after I wired it I have no problems at all.)

He is also right about the killstreaks, perks and weapons. Stop complaining about perks and weapons, play barebone if you hate killstreaks or perks. *Problem solved*

And about the FAMAS and AK74U complainers, please guys, just buy Hello kitty Island adventures 2, and start playing that game because there is nothing wrong with the ak74u, famas or any other weapon in the game. I can own a FAMAS user anytime, anywhere with any weapon. It isn't overpowered, the other weapons aren't underused, your own lack of skill is the problem. If you guys just stop complaining on this forum, and instead use the time you would normally write 'hate' posts for combat training or other forms of 'skill improving training' you might just know what it is to have fun with a game.
                                                                            Giliann
                                                                            I tried to watch the video but it's just full of bullshit. First he starts playing without using his killstreaks in a core game because the game is broken. That already proves what an idiot he is so you can imagin that the rest of the video is not going to be great.

It seems as if he has played 5 CoD series everyday and now he is just done with it. If you are smart you just stop playing it instead of whining about it. And what do you expect after playing CoD4 everyday then MW2 everyday and now BO everyday. It's pretty normal that it can get boring.
                                                                              CrayHD

Giliann wrote:

CrayHD wrote:

That's the worst statement I have ever heard. If it was a shitty game you wouldn't even be playing it. You can't really get used to a game you don't play because you don't like it. And even if you weren't playing the game because YOU THINK it's shitty doesn't mean it's shitty in general.

How is that a bad statement? People who are getting in  Ego-Shooters with Black Ops don't know what's a good and what's a bad ego shooter. They don't know the game is shitty because they only play this game. But just like Fist said, as soon as they come back from another game they see how bad Black Ops is, and this is exactly what happened to me. I once though Black Ops is awesome and the best COD. Than I took a break, because it got a bit boring, and after one month break I played it again. I saw how bad programmed and designed this game is. People that are defending it are just playing it regularly.

BTW: @ Everybody who ask why I'm still in the forum if I don't like the game:

Because I love how you rage at people saying bad stuff about it.
                                                                                CrayHD

Giliann wrote:

I tried to watch the video but it's just full of bullshit. First he starts playing without using his killstreaks in a core game because the game is broken. That already proves what an idiot he is so you can imagin that the rest of the video is not going to be great.

It seems as if he has played 5 CoD series everyday and now he is just done with it. If you are smart you just stop playing it instead of whining about it. And what do you expect after playing CoD4 everyday then MW2 everyday and now BO everyday. It's pretty normal that it can get boring.

We're talking about the game being bad, not the game being boring here.
                                                                                  I'm sorry to say that, but the man is right.. about most of the stuff. I play almost daily, and fully admit that whilst not being a completely **** game, I could have been done a lot, and I mean A LOT, better. They have plenty of nice ideas, the problem is that they chose to concentrate only on them. And I can honestly say, that this Connection Based franchise, or even FPS genre needs a solution to crappy hosts and crappy connection. That will be a good way to start.
                                                                                    techno2k9
                                                                                    That guy who is doing the commentary is a idiot plain and simple idiot, if you don't like the way the game is made don't play it trade it in and buy something else like all console players do.

I just wish PC players could trade the game in but we can't we got shafted side ways with a french bread stick.

II F0XH0UND II wrote:

Excellent response Sir... I couldn't have said it better myself!        
                                                                                        iif0xh0undii

CrayHD wrote:

Because I love how you rage at people saying bad stuff about it.

Intentions noted.