28 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2011 6:44 PM by dedicatedserversplease RSS

    Weapon/Game Balance....

      Hi Everyone,

            Since we have ample time to discuss in game matters while the PSN is in disarray, I thought I might visit some thoughts I have had while I play Black Ops in the evenings.  While I do feel there are some weapons that dominate in areas they should not be dominating, I feel overall the weapons are balanced out pretty well.  I would like to get your opinions on a couple things that I have been thinking about in regards to further balancing two weapon tiers, the AR's and the SMG's. 

      I will preface this list stating I am a long time COD player, been playing since the first COD was released back in 2003. I am more of a purist.

      Below I will list a few weapons and what I feel should be added/removed from them in order to balance them out a bit, starting with the hottest topic, the Famas.

      1. Famas-  Other high powered weapons with high fire rates such as the Skorpion are balanced by giving it a lower clip size while the Famas reaps the benefit of a larger clip size.  How to balance it?  Make it on par with other high rate high power weapons, reduce the clip size to 20.

      2. AK74U-  This is a gun that I feel is NOT overpowered but instead overused as it dominates in all areas.  One of the main reasons it dominates all over is due to the grip.  I am not a fan of this weapon as it is seen everywhere. My suggestion would be to remove the grip attachment entirely and give it to my next gun.

      3.MP5K-  Give this gun the option of grip, as this weapon has more "unpredictable" recoil when compared to the AK74U

      4. PM63-  Why on earth was this weapon not given a silencer? I really enjoy this weapon but dual weild is useless and it would be quite a force if a silencer were allowed on it.

      5. Aug- Once again high fire rate, high power.  I do not understand why high fire rate high power SMG's such as the Skorpion, Mac-11 and Kiparis are crippled by clips of 20, yet their more effective counterparts have larger clips.  Reduce clip size to 20.

      6. Hip Fire Accuracy-  AR's should not be so accurate being hip fired without Steady Aim.  There is no way a user with MPL Rapid Fire should lose a CQC battle when he is aimed in to a user using a Galil Silenced who is hip firing in return.  It happens often enough that the hip fire problem is a nuisance.  If users want to hip fire, use a SMG.  AR's are TOO all around in this game, they should be gimped in CQC the same way most of the SMG's are.

      7. Knife-  The knife in this game is still way too utilized for this being a FPS.  WIth ballistic knife equipped, the lunge is ridiculous, to the level of Commando in MW2.  My suggestion is to completely remove the lunge and completely remove the auto lock on.  This would require the knife to be use stealthily and tactifully instead of a crutch for bad players or those who panic knife.

      8.  Anti Lag-  The anti lag in this game is one of the worst in the COD series.  It really hampers the host to the point to where I upload/download things on my laptop to ensure I am not chosen as the host.  I have a 65/15Mbps download/upload speed internet tier and I have never felt a game run so poorly on a good connection as this one has.  Also the Matrix style bullets are getting a bit old.  I thought MW2 had a poor anti lag system, but B.O. really takes the cake on this one. The next COD needs to implement dedicated servers to get rid of all this inconsistent B.S. Dedicated servers will at least give us 1 thing, CONSISTENCY.

      9. Tomahawk-  I know everyone loves to throw the tomahawk, but really?  By that I mean, the tomahawk can really bounce 5-6 times be almost completely stopped, tap your toe and you die?  MW2 had it right with the throwing knife, you can bank shot but it cannot roll.  The tomahawk should get implanted in the ground on those cross the map throws.  Treyarch doesnt allow you to Noob Tube, Grenade Spam the spawn in SnD, but now it rains Tomahawks.  Either remove the ridiculous rolling to make it a bit more of a challenge, or apply the 10 second delay at the start of the round.

      10. Lobby Screen still flashes/flickers-  Really???  I thought this would of been fixed.  Shouldnt of even made it to the shelves in this condition, never have seen a COD with so much potential fail in the most basic areas of a game (i.e. party system still fails).  I am not sure if Treyarch or Raven is to blame for this.

      Here is my last one, I know alot of you will probably wet your pants when you read this.  I am giving you a warning.  If you cannot be mature and handle what I say next, please do not reply.

      11. Quickscoping-   I feel that quickscoping is much too easy now.  Not only that, hipfiring is much too accurate and easy as well.  I enjoyed snipers when they were slightly more difficult to use.  It was a challenge to run around a map with a sniper in your hands.  When I moved locations, I HAD to pull out my secondary as it should be.  Now....I can just run around and quickscope EASILY.  I know alot of you will say it is not that easy, well when you figure it out, its simple. 


      These are all my opinions and I am sure ALOT of you will not agree with me.  I am merely stating what I believe would improve MY experience and what I believe would make this a more balanced/competitive product.  I look forward to hearing your replies but ask that you be mature and give some intelligent responses.  Happy Easter!
        • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....
          I remember in CS that the FAMAS only has 25 bullets...
          AK74u's rapid fire and grenade launcher made it popular...
          • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....

            HowAreYou wrote:

             

            I remember in CS that the FAMAS only has 25 bullets...
            AK74u's rapid fire and grenade launcher made it popular...


            Yea, I am pretty sure it only had 25 in CS as well, but Treyarch seems to apply a 20 clip to weapons with both a high rate of fire and high power.  So that is where I based my 20 round clip for the Famas and Aug when compared to similar weapons such as the Mac-11, Kiparis and Skorpion.
            • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....
              Snoops_158
              personally, I think snipers are stupidly inaccurate. Hell, they are about as powerful as a foam ball...
              The psg, a semi auto, one hits more often than the L96...a bolt action...trey, we have a problem...make the l96 more accurate or something. NO! DON'T NERF THE ******* PSG. ITS THE ONLY GUN THAT MAKES SNIPING WORTHWHILE FOR ME! I can get lasered by a famas, hell, an AK74u, before I can hardscope someone...give snipers something to work with 
              • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....

                Snoops_158 wrote:

                 

                personally, I think snipers are stupidly inaccurate. Hell, they are about as powerful as a foam ball...
                The psg, a semi auto, one hits more often than the L96...a bolt action...trey, we have a problem...make the l96 more accurate or something. NO! DON'T NERF THE **** PSG. ITS THE ONLY GUN THAT MAKES SNIPING WORTHWHILE FOR ME! I can get lasered by a famas, hell, an AK74u, before I can hardscope someone...give snipers something to work with 


                Thanks for the post.  I feel much differently then you do.  I feel the L96 is an extremely powerful sniper and I utilize it just like I did the M40A03 on COD4.  I have no problems running and gunning with it as QS has gotten easier since release.  Also the hip fire is balls on accurate.
                • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....
                  Lancecasual
                  Guns really shouldn't be balanced, they all aren't created equal.  This isn't a flame thread, but why wouldn't somebody use the most powerful gun that suits their style of play?  I'm completely eliminating sniper rifles out of my argument, simply because I don't use them.

                  But on to assault/LMG/SMG...why should they be balanced to the rest?  If they were, everybody would be using the same gun but just a different shape and size.  I won't go into boring details of how a FAMAS should do this, and an UZI should do that.  They all fit different styles of different players.  Most people like to run and gun, therefore they like the AK74 or something else lightweight.  It has very little to do with it being "overpowered".  Sure it seems it's "overused", but honestly, that's how most people play.  That gun works the best for most people for that tactic.

                  I like to mix it up a bit, Galil once in a while, AK47 when I get it opened, M60 when I just don't care anymore, AK74u on small maps....etc etc etc.

                  Also gamemodes would come into play into the overpowered/overused argument.  Small map where the HQ is in a confined area most of the time would lend itself to something quick like a SMG.

                  Just my two cents.
                  • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....

                    Lancecasual wrote:

                     

                    Guns really shouldn't be balanced, they all aren't created equal.  This isn't a flame thread, but why wouldn't somebody use the most powerful gun that suits their style of play?  I'm completely eliminating sniper rifles out of my argument, simply because I don't use them.

                    But on to assault/LMG/SMG...why should they be balanced to the rest?  If they were, everybody would be using the same gun but just a different shape and size.  I won't go into boring details of how a FAMAS should do this, and an UZI should do that.  They all fit different styles of different players.  Most people like to run and gun, therefore they like the AK74 or something else lightweight.  It has very little to do with it being "overpowered".  Sure it seems it's "overused", but honestly, that's how most people play.  That gun works the best for most people for that tactic.

                    I like to mix it up a bit, Galil once in a while, AK47 when I get it opened, M60 when I just don't care anymore, AK74u on small maps....etc etc etc.

                    Also gamemodes would come into play into the overpowered/overused argument.  Small map where the HQ is in a confined area most of the time would lend itself to something quick like a SMG.

                    Just my two cents.



                    I agree with this. I find it more interesting that some guns are more overpowered/overused. It means that some guns are less used and that always seems to bear appeal to me, if ya know what I mean.
                    • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....
                      xphreshsteezy808
                      who cares :clap:
                      • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....
                        Lancecasual

                        xphreshsteezy808 wrote:

                         

                        who cares :clap:



                        Let the adults talk now Sparky.
                        • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....
                          @Lance, do you feel it is fair for this scenario.  Lets say you and I are on discovery.  You have a famas and I have a mp5k.  You and I run into each other.  We both start firing at the same time except you are hipfiring and I am aimed in.  You kill me in CQC.  Is that fair?  Second scenario.  Same map, You are on the crosswalk at the edge of teh map, I am on the other side of the map.  You do not see me with the Famas.  I see you and carefully line up my shot with the MP5K.  I am aimed directly mid chest and single fire a bullet, but it doesnt register on you.  I try again single shot, no hitmarker even though the aim is mid body. 

                          So how is it fair that my MP5K cannot hit someone across the map being single fired meaning there is not even a hitmarker, yet A.R.'s can dominate SMG's in CQC where they are supposed to have the upper hand?
                          • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....

                            dedicatedserversplease wrote:

                             

                            @Lance, do you feel it is fair for this scenario.  Lets say you and I are on discovery.  You have a famas and I have a mp5k.  You and I run into each other.  We both start firing at the same time except you are hipfiring and I am aimed in.  You kill me in CQC.  Is that fair?  Second scenario.  Same map, You are on the crosswalk at the edge of teh map, I am on the other side of the map.  You do not see me with the Famas.  I see you and carefully line up my shot with the MP5K.  I am aimed directly mid chest and single fire a bullet, but it doesnt register on you.  I try again single shot, no hitmarker even though the aim is mid body. 

                            So how is it fair that my MP5K cannot hit someone across the map being single fired meaning there is not even a hitmarker, yet A.R.'s can dominate SMG's in CQC where they are supposed to have the upper hand?



                            I have to say I dont fully agree with this. MP5K dominates any gun up close for me. The range/potency of its hipfiring is unparalleled and its not supposed to be good at range anyway.
                            • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....

                              DZ06LT wrote:

                               

                              dedicatedserversplease wrote:

                               

                              @Lance, do you feel it is fair for this scenario.  Lets say you and I are on discovery.  You have a famas and I have a mp5k.  You and I run into each other.  We both start firing at the same time except you are hipfiring and I am aimed in.  You kill me in CQC.  Is that fair?  Second scenario.  Same map, You are on the crosswalk at the edge of teh map, I am on the other side of the map.  You do not see me with the Famas.  I see you and carefully line up my shot with the MP5K.  I am aimed directly mid chest and single fire a bullet, but it doesnt register on you.  I try again single shot, no hitmarker even though the aim is mid body. 

                              So how is it fair that my MP5K cannot hit someone across the map being single fired meaning there is not even a hitmarker, yet A.R.'s can dominate SMG's in CQC where they are supposed to have the upper hand?



                              I have to say I dont fully agree with this. MP5K dominates any gun up close for me. The range/potency of its hipfiring is unparalleled and its not supposed to be good at range anyway.


                              It shouldnt be good at range, but if single fired like a sniper, the hit should register.  Try it out, at long distance, you do not get a hitmarker.  So my saying is if certain SMG's have a cutoff for distance, that AR's should have some sort of disadvantage up close.  There needs to be a tradeoff to selecting a weapon group.
                              • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....
                                Seahawks Fan
                                While there seems to be a lot of proof the FAMAS and AUG are overpowered, people using them won't win every gunfight. They're certainly not gamebreakers like the dreaded MP40. Now, they're both similar assault rifles that fire at about 937.5 RPM while also dealing damage similar to the rest of the assault rifles in this game (ignoring headshots), and having controllable enough recoil. One thing that really bothers me about this is the fact that several SMGs have rate of fires identical to the FAMAUG, but they lack their power.

                                If it were up to me, I would tone down the fire rate of the FAMAUG to something around 850 RPM, reminiscent to the M4A1 of CoD4. I would also suggest changing the damage values of the two guns to 35-20. That way, the FAMAUG can still be close range powerhouses, the slower firing ARs can still be a little more relevant at longer ranges, and SMGs, particularly the weaker SMGs, can compete with FAMAUG easier in a straight fire fight. Sounds like a decent enough compromise to me.

                                Perhaps Treyarch can also consider bringing back idle sway for assault rifles as well. Which could, theoretically, make the AR class more balanced. And maybe, just maybe to the AK-74u, which could give some people a reason to use the higher recoiled MP5K over it. (Which also happened in CoD4 with the MP5 and AK-74u.)

                                But hey, I'm just throwing out ideas here. I have no clue of these suggestions can translate well into Black Ops or not.
                                • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....
                                  Very nice post Seahawks, thanks for the reply.  I can live with what you suggested, but right now as it stands, there is no reason not to use an AR.
                                  • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....

                                    dedicatedserversplease wrote:

                                     

                                    Very nice post Seahawks, thanks for the reply.  I can live with what you suggested, but right now as it stands, there is no reason not to use an AR.



                                    Hmmm, with regard to this and your previous comment i'm still not convinced by your argument. SMG's DO have an advantage over assault rifles, granted its not that huge, but it definately exists. The only weapon class that is massively unbalanced IMO is LMG.
                                    • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....

                                      DZ06LT wrote:

                                       

                                      dedicatedserversplease wrote:

                                       

                                      Very nice post Seahawks, thanks for the reply.  I can live with what you suggested, but right now as it stands, there is no reason not to use an AR.



                                      Hmmm, with regard to this and your previous comment i'm still not convinced by your argument. SMG's DO have an advantage over assault rifles, granted its not that huge, but it definately exists. The only weapon class that is massively unbalanced IMO is LMG.



                                      DZ-  What is the tradeoff when you use an AR? Lets say you choose a Galil, AK47, Famas, or an AUG?  What does that hamper you from doing well in?  I can still run and gun and do great in CQC with all of those weapons, can you? I am sure you can. Ok next....

                                      What is the tradeoff when using an SMG such as the PM63, Mac-11, Skorpion or the MP5K?  Well the first three have no clip size to begin with and are hampered by that.  Then all three are really insufficient at medium/long ranges with the MP5K being completely obsolete at long range due to some sort of cutoff. 

                                      When you compare the disadvantages to the advantages, there is a stark difference between the two groups of weapons.  My goal was to show some people that the more high powered AR's should suffer the same fate of a smaller clip to even out the two weapon groups.  On top of that, since the AR's have the DISTINCT advantage in medium/long ranges, their hipfire accuracy should be cut in half to give the SMG's the DISTINCT advantage in CQC.
                                      • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....

                                        dedicatedserversplease wrote:

                                         

                                        DZ06LT wrote:

                                         

                                        dedicatedserversplease wrote:

                                         

                                        Very nice post Seahawks, thanks for the reply.  I can live with what you suggested, but right now as it stands, there is no reason not to use an AR.



                                        Hmmm, with regard to this and your previous comment i'm still not convinced by your argument. SMG's DO have an advantage over assault rifles, granted its not that huge, but it definately exists. The only weapon class that is massively unbalanced IMO is LMG.



                                        DZ-  What is the tradeoff when you use an AR? Lets say you choose a Galil, AK47, Famas, or an AUG?  What does that hamper you from doing well in?  I can still run and gun and do great in CQC with all of those weapons, can you? Ok next....

                                        What is the tradeoff when using an SMG such as the PM63, Mac-11, Skorpion or the MP5K?  Well the first three have no clip size to begin with and are hampered by that.  Then all three are really insufficient at medium/long ranges with the MP5K being completely obsolete at long range due to some sort of cutoff. 

                                        When you compare the disadvantages to the advantages, there is a stark difference between the two groups of weapons.  My goal was to show some people that the more high powered AR's should suffer the same fate of a smaller clip to even out the two groups.  On top of that, since the AR's have the DISTINCT advantage in medium/long ranges, their hipfire accuracy should be cut in half to give the SMG's the DISTINCT advantage in CQC.



                                        Good points, you are right. I just feel the issue is not a deal breaker personally. Some of the SMGs are competent at long range (spectre, Ak74u, MPL, Skorpion) and they are better than AR at close range. So I suppose it boils down to versatility. AR are at least decent in all ranges, but other guns are not. I think thats the best way of summing it up.
                                        • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....
                                          @DZ, I added something after my "can you" question to make sure you know I wasnt flaming, but just showing the main difference.  I just hate it if I am running a MPL with rapid fire, and some guy with a galil silenced hipfires me and kills me even though I am aimed in, soundwhoring the hell out of him, prefiring before they turn a corner and then losing the gunfight.  Its a brutal way to die especially when I have the jump on them and my aim is completely mid body.  Makes it pointless to equip a gun that is supposed to dominate in CQC when AR's dominate everywhere.  I am normally host when this happens so I am sure it is the anti lag system hindering me by not registering my bullets, but if the game is setup like this, than the weapons need to be balanced under "real in game" conditions, not prime LAN conditions.

                                          BTW, I only play SnD, so I encounter 1v1 battles on a constant basis, and when things happen they tend to be more noticeable since you only have 1 life.
                                          • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....
                                            Seahawks Fan

                                            DZ06LT wrote:

                                             

                                            dedicatedserversplease wrote:

                                             

                                            Very nice post Seahawks, thanks for the reply.  I can live with what you suggested, but right now as it stands, there is no reason not to use an AR.



                                            Hmmm, with regard to this and your previous comment i'm still not convinced by your argument. SMG's DO have an advantage over assault rifles, granted its not that huge, but it definately exists. The only weapon class that is massively unbalanced IMO is LMG.



                                            Not even. With fast paced game like Call of Duty, weapons that handle faster tend to have the upper hand. Higher bullet penetration and no damage drop off on most LMGs isn't much of a benefit, especially when they tend have ailments such as high recoil, a wide and inaccurate hip fire spread, slow aim speed, slow reload time, and their movement speeds are just so sluggish. The smaller magazines of the LMGs  and the removal of the Grip on most LMGs in Black Ops doesn't really doesn't help their cases either. They may have been overpowered in MW2, no thanks to Stopping Power giving them a two shot kill at almost every range. But that could of been an issue of Stopping Power being outdone in MW2 itself.

                                            They just can't compete with Assault Rifles in every situation, and that's the main reason why LMGs are often a rare sight. That being said, I won't deny that they have their niche uses, especially when they shine in a defensive role.
                                            • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....
                                              DrSpartan
                                              I saw someone saying the clip sizes of the AUG and the FAMAS needs to be decreased but I forgot who. It should be decreased to 25-20. The SKORPIONs clip size needs to be raised to 30-35 because if it was... that would be the only gun I would be using. More attatchments to other smg's other than the 74u and MPL like Dual Mags because honestly.. who wants to use scavenger?(IMO). PM63 needs a bigger clip size same as the MAC11.

                                              To seperate who has gun skill and who doesn't... take aim assist OFF... just a thought though
                                              • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....
                                                DrSpartan

                                                Seahawks Fan wrote:

                                                 

                                                DZ06LT wrote:

                                                 

                                                dedicatedserversplease wrote:

                                                 

                                                Very nice post Seahawks, thanks for the reply.  I can live with what you suggested, but right now as it stands, there is no reason not to use an AR.



                                                Hmmm, with regard to this and your previous comment i'm still not convinced by your argument. SMG's DO have an advantage over assault rifles, granted its not that huge, but it definately exists. The only weapon class that is massively unbalanced IMO is LMG.



                                                Not even. With fast paced game like Call of Duty, weapons that handle faster tend to have the upper hand. Higher bullet penetration and no damage drop off on most LMGs isn't much of a benefit, especially when they tend have ailments such as high recoil, a wide and inaccurate hip fire spread, slow aim speed, slow reload time, and their movement speeds are just so sluggish. The smaller magazines of the LMGs  and the removal of the Grip on most LMGs in Black Ops doesn't really doesn't help their cases either. They may have been overpowered in MW2, no thanks to Stopping Power giving them a two shot kill at almost every range. But that could of been an issue of Stopping Power being outdone in MW2 itself.

                                                They just can't compete with Assault Rifles in every situation, and that's the main reason why LMGs are often a rare sight. That being said, I won't deny that they have their niche uses, especially when they shine in a defensive role.




                                                but you gotta admit... the M60 Grip and Stoner w/ Extended Mags is pretty good.
                                                • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....
                                                  Stoner is an exceptional weapon in this game, there is no denying it.
                                                  • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....

                                                    Lancecasual wrote:

                                                     

                                                    Guns really shouldn't be balanced, they all aren't created equal.  This isn't a flame thread, but why wouldn't somebody use the most powerful gun that suits their style of play?  I'm completely eliminating sniper rifles out of my argument, simply because I don't use them.

                                                    But on to assault/LMG/SMG...why should they be balanced to the rest?  If they were, everybody would be using the same gun but just a different shape and size.  I won't go into boring details of how a FAMAS should do this, and an UZI should do that.  They all fit different styles of different players.  Most people like to run and gun, therefore they like the AK74 or something else lightweight.  It has very little to do with it being "overpowered".  Sure it seems it's "overused", but honestly, that's how most people play.  That gun works the best for most people for that tactic.

                                                    I like to mix it up a bit, Galil once in a while, AK47 when I get it opened, M60 when I just don't care anymore, AK74u on small maps....etc etc etc.

                                                    Also gamemodes would come into play into the overpowered/overused argument.  Small map where the HQ is in a confined area most of the time would lend itself to something quick like a SMG.

                                                    Just my two cents.


                                                    Thats what they do they choose guns to fit people style of play. But they choose two guns that are alike and fit them accordingly aka Famas and AUG.
                                                    • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....
                                                      This is how the famas should be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VuOJvNJmqc
                                                      • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....
                                                        It could be that he just wasnt used to the weapon yet in the video, that is the beta so it was probably the first time he tried it out.
                                                        • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....
                                                          Seahawks Fan
                                                          As far as the magazine size argument is going, I wouldn't touch that stuff. As disappointing as it is to have the MAC-11 and PM-63 become obsolete to later unlocks like the MPL and Spectre just on magazine size alone, I've always theorized that Treyarch gave them the 20 round magazines to keep those two, and the Skorpion included, closer their real life counterparts.

                                                          According to Wikipedia, guns like the MAC-11, PM-63, and Skorpion usually had a standard magazine size of 16, 15, and 20 rounds respectively. So I'm not going to blame Treyarch there. That being said, it's not the first time Treyarch has had earlier unlocked guns become obsolete to higher unlocked guns, it happened in World at War in some cases too.
                                                          • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....

                                                            dedicatedserversplease wrote:

                                                             

                                                            It could be that he just wasnt used to the weapon yet in the video, that is the beta so it was probably the first time he tried it out.


                                                            Notice the recoil rate of fire? Its more recoil. Wich is how it should be. He was going full auto half the time. But I like the sound alot more.
                                                            • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....

                                                              zFlashy wrote:

                                                               

                                                              dedicatedserversplease wrote:

                                                               

                                                              It could be that he just wasnt used to the weapon yet in the video, that is the beta so it was probably the first time he tried it out.


                                                              Notice the recoil rate of fire? Its more recoil. Wich is how it should be. He was going full auto half the time. But I like the sound alot more.


                                                              Yea, I noticed but was remaining open to other ideas lol.
                                                              • Re: Weapon/Game Balance....

                                                                Seahawks Fan wrote:

                                                                 

                                                                As far as the magazine size argument is going, I wouldn't touch that stuff. As disappointing as it is to have the MAC-11 and PM-63 become obsolete to later unlocks like the MPL and Spectre just on magazine size alone, I've always theorized that Treyarch gave them the 20 round magazines to keep those two, and the Skorpion included, closer their real life counterparts.

                                                                According to Wikipedia, guns like the MAC-11, PM-63, and Skorpion usually had a standard magazine size of 16, 15, and 20 rounds respectively. So I'm not going to blame Treyarch there. That being said, it's not the first time Treyarch has had earlier unlocked guns become obsolete to higher unlocked guns, it happened in World at War in some cases too.


                                                                Yes I know that IRL the weapons have those mag sizes, but once again, its a video game.