47 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2011 4:20 AM by thomas501fsb RSS

Serious Question

I saw a question on twitter by Vahn and wondered what peoples views would be

DavidVonderhaarDavid Vonderhaar
      Serious question. Put yourself in my shoes. Don't you think if I nerf the Famas I am going to get more h8 than love? Popular gun is popular..

I would personaly show love to him if he nerfed the Famas and Aug rate of fire or damage so that they were more like an assault rifle and not more like a long range SMG.

I am all for more variety instead of the same old enemy class setup ........... yawnnnnnnnnnn

Thoughts ?
        • Re: Serious Question
          I think he would get more hate from it,  Famas nation would be very mad in core.  Hardcore, makes no difference, lots of variety there already.
            ghosthound
            My thoughts are that only bad players whine about what weapon kills them.

So they are never going to alter the Famas...ever.

GhostHound wrote:

I see only bad players using the famas as it makes them better due to the weapons over all performance at any distance in any situation with very little effort.
                rankismet
                Serious answer... I only read Core players whining about the FAMAS.

That is the simple truth.

RAN Kismet wrote:

And iam guessing core also has the biggest player base so maybe nerf it for core only that will keep mlg happy in their competative play school
                    ghosthound

RAN Kismet wrote:

I hardly ever see Hardcore players use the Famas.

That is another simple truth.

birdman4256 wrote:

Serious question. Put yourself in my shoes. Don't you think if I nerf the Famas I am going to get more h8 than love? Popular gun is popular..

I would personaly show love to him if he nerfed the Famas and Aug rate of fire or damage so that they were more like an assault rifle and not more like a long range SMG.

I am all for more variety instead of the same old enemy class setup ........... yawnnnnnnnnnn

Thoughts ?

I'd create like 26 seperate accounts on Twitter to repeatedly post ''love'' comments every day, naturally, I assume from that you all deduce I HATE FILTHY FAMAS NOOBS!!

STFU, I do not have issues.
                        Ok well lets forget about Hardcore and the competative playlists as it sounds as though it is not an issue in them, lets discuss the feeling of Core players over the Famas nerfing
                          sweatyclam
                          I don't use the Famas and am indifferent to what ever may happen to it, all I'm going to say is I still kill those using it quite regularly.
                            R4ZOR            94 PL

Sweaty Clam wrote:

I don't use the Famas and am indifferent to what ever may happen to it, all I'm going to say is I still kill those using it quite regularly.

Of course you do, but its the easiest and most universal gun in the game, its a fact. It has pretty much no weaknesses: can compete with SMG's in CQC and with other assault rifles in long range...
                              Gervan
                              If he nerfs it he will get hate because one of the other guns is OP.
                                codblackquickscoper
                                If they Nerf the AUG and famas. what is the next gun everyone will want to Nerf. there will always be a top gun and you just have to dead with it. I never heard anyone wanting to Nerf those guns when the 74u was amazing, so stop complaining and use them or use whatever you want but if those guns get nerfed. then people will start ******* about the Galil and Commando and those will get nerfed and the game will not be fun anymore
                                  Slippery slope. Don't use it, don't care, still slippery.
                                    starbuckfrack

birdman4256 wrote:

GhostHound wrote:

I see only bad players using the famas as it makes them better due to the weapons over all performance at any distance in any situation with very little effort.

If they are BAD players then WHY are you complaining ????

Wouldnt that make you a bigger sissy because you got beat buy someone worse then you.

I cant believe that these posts of overpowered "whatever" STILL go on 6 months later .

So you have not yet learned to ADAPT and you still havent gotten the point that "overpowered" baby posts make you a loser.

R4ZOR 94 PL wrote:

Of course you do, but its the easiest and most universal gun in the game, its a fact. It has pretty much no weaknesses: can compete with SMG's in CQC and with other assault rifles in long range...

birdman4256 wrote:

See, the thing is, not everyone who plays the game wants to become some professional commentator for Machinima or travel around beating other players under the MLG label. Not everyone cares about the gun stats or how often they're killed by it, or how much a gun is used.

The majority of the (currently) 465,481 players on Xbox Live right now are casual players playing a little before work, after work, on their day off or on their break. Do you think these people want to take the time to learn a gun, learn what perks fit that gun and adapt their play style to fit their custom class? No, because they probably don't care about all that. They want to jump in to a match and not end up as the worse player on the team. The Famas, Aug and AK74u helps them accomplish their "fun time" goal.

starbuckfrack wrote:

birdman4256 wrote:

GhostHound wrote:

If they are BAD players then WHY are you complaining ????

Wouldnt that make you a bigger sissy because you got beat buy someone worse then you.

I cant believe that these posts of overpowered "whatever" STILL go on 6 months later .

So you have not yet learned to ADAPT and you still havent gotten the point that "overpowered" baby posts make you a loser.

I am the worst player ever    but i will not use the Famas as with it i can dominate anyone anyday anytime anyplace. But i am not complaining if you took the time to read the OP then i was seeking opinions to Vahns question on twitter. Hell i do not give a damn as i will not be playing Blops when the new one comes out in Nov so i realy do not care if the Famas and Aug stay as long distance SMG`s  they certainly are not weapons in my top 4 of kills with .................
                                          Personally I wouldn't love or hate. I think it's fine the way it is now. If they do end up nerfing it I will still use the Famas and/or AUG if they nerf that too.
                                            nardoaj
                                            Changing them won't make a difference. People will complain about the AK-47 or the Commando or the M16 or God knows what else.
                                              People complain about the Famas/Aug because it is a fact it is the most popular gun and therefor your killed by it most which your kill by stats will prove. But what gets most peoples goat is that when face to face with another player using a famas/aug you will ALWAYS loose out on the gunfight regardless of distance between you unless you also use the famas.

People who claim the Famas/aug are not overpowered will be the same people who used and said the MP40 in W@W was also not overpowered. It is DE-JE-VU  people ................
                                                sweatyclam

R4ZOR94 PL wrote:

Sweaty Clam wrote:

You could be talking about most of the assault rifles, I'm on the fence with this one because of certain "sync" issues I'm not sure if the Famas is overpowered or if I'm slightly behind.
                                                  xetsujic
                                                  Nerfing is going to always be an infinite cycle. If you have a game where there are unequal weapons then nerfing the best will result in a new best and then even if you nerf that there will be a new best. Even if you kept going along that cycle you would eventually get back to the dame weapon you started with. Really the guns are what they are just tools you can use them as much as you like but know that there will never be an answer unless you all want to have only one gun in the game
                                                    AK74U CAN GTFO

Sweaty Clam wrote:

R4ZOR94 PL wrote:

Sweaty Clam wrote:

You could be talking about most of the assault rifles, I'm on the fence with this one because of certain "sync" issues I'm not sure if the Famas is overpowered or if I'm slightly behind.

The FAMAS isn't the best, but if I have a 1/2-bar, screw the other guns, I want the fastest one.

If I have a 4-bar I'll be using an Enfield or M16. The damn FAMAS excels in lag, which is why people think it's OP.

4-bar/4-bar, the FAMAS isn't going to beat an M16 or G11's one-burst. ^_^

birdman4256 wrote:

But what gets most peoples goat is that when face to face with another player using a famas/aug you will ALWAYS loose out on the gunfight regardless of distance between you unless you also use the famas.

You have no way of proving this. Also, you're definitely wrong. It's the player, not the gun.
                                                        As I said on Twitter, through my brief runs in Core, I've not had a problem with it. I used it a few times, then switched to the M60, M16 and PM63. In truth, I did better with the latter 3 than I did with the FAMAS.

If a hardcore player can take a M16 (silencer/ACOG) into Core and beat down on all the FAMAS users, that indicates to me that the FAMAS is not overpowered, but simply overused.

Now, granted I don't deal with it on a daily, or even weekly basis. Perhaps I've just always been lucky and played against the rare FAMAS user who can't hit the broadside of a barn; however that seems rather unlikely.

In my opinion, you see that gun so often not because it's an overpowered weapon, but because it has a terrific RoF, which helps spray and prayers feel more secure. Couple that with the variety of attachments it allows due to being an AR, and you have Linus with his blanket.

As to it's power in Hardcore, it is indeed deadly there too. The RoF coupled with an ARs damage makes it awful easy to get that one bullet for a kill to hit; however you'll very seldom see a Hardcore player complain about it (or anything except our lack of game modes for that matter). I suppose it falls in the same category as Ghost. We simply adapted to using out eyes instead of the mini-map, even when a Spyplane is up.

On adapting: my trick for beating the FAMAS users was simple - Stay a good distance away from them. It truly did seem that many were spray and praying with it. Keeping distance, and being accurate, I was able to beat them 9/10 times in a face to face confrontation.
                                                          How long is it gonna take for people to realise ............

A BETTER gun is not the same as an OVER-POWERED gun!

If the Famas was OP it would be a 2HK at any range when fitted with a Suppressor. It isn't, it's just a gun that is unlocked early that is better than most guns.

That's it, that's all.

Stop freaking complaining and get better at the game so you don't get out-shot all the time!

birdman4256 wrote:

Thoughts ?

i'dd say i rather see connection issues being taken care of rather than new dlc or any other bug fixes

PsychoDaddy803 wrote:

In my opinion, you see that gun so often not because it's an overpowered weapon, but because it has a terrific RoF, which helps spray and prayers feel more secure. Couple that with the variety of attachments it allows due to being an AR, and you have Linus with his blanket.

I agree with everything you said, but to add to your point:

The fact that it is unlocked at such an early level also provides insight as to why its use is so widespread.

tarallo1 wrote:

PsychoDaddy803 wrote:

I agree with everything you said, but to add to your point:

The fact that it is unlocked at such an early level also provides insight as to why its use is so widespread.

True. If any nerf is to be seriously suggested, I'd say just move it back a few levels before unlock. The downside to that? More FAMAS dependant players refusing to prestige, thus no real impact to the FAMAS population, thus continued complaints from Core players.

Treyarch is really in a lose-lose situation on this one. Leaving it as it stands now is probably the smartest move.
                                                                  TruStory305

birdman4256 wrote:

GhostHound wrote:

Join me in any match and I'll FCK you up! Talking bout only bad players use Famas! Try me!

TruStory305 wrote:

birdman4256 wrote:

GhostHound wrote:

Join me in any match and I'll FCK you up! Talking bout only bad players use Famas! Try me!

Calm down there Conan the Internet Barbarian, it's only a game. You just happen to use a noob gun because you're a BK, life sucks huh.

Funny post though, threatening to fk (in caps no less!) someone up on an internet forum.

ROFLCOPTER INBOUND!
                                                                      Nerfing the FAMAS is pointless, they will only complain about something else. The game has 6 months to live anyway, might as well leave it be and fix something that needs it.

When I play with people, all I hear is complaining about hit detection, not the FAMAS.

Dr. Drip wrote:

Nerfing the FAMAS is pointless, they will only complain about something else. The game has 6 months to live anyway, might as well leave it be and fix something that needs it.

When I play with people, all I hear is complaining about hit detection, not the FAMAS.

Indeed, that in itself is 75% of the problem.
                                                                        Where you have piss poor hit detection the gun with a high ROF and damage will always win that 1v1 encounter.

Don't get me wrong the Famas is good, it's just made look even better because of the lag issues.
                                                                          TruStory305

Calm down there Conan the Internet Barbarian, it's only a game. You just happen to use a noob gun because you're a BK, life sucks huh.

Funny post though, threatening to fk (in caps no less!) someone up on an internet forum.

ROFLCOPTER INBOUND!

Get your it's just a game behind outta here!

It's a GAME, and what can happen when playing games.. you can challenge eachother. Or am I missing something?!

The way how you challenge someone doesn't matter, I ain't gonna be polite asking dude like: Would you concider playing against me?

I use Famas (amongst other guns), he say only bad players use Famas = me feeling the need to put him in his place.

That's all, who are you? The referee?!
                                                                            A Ninjakitty
                                                                            If you want variety use different guns. Why does it matter what people kill you with? If you don't watch the kill cam it shouldn't make a difference at all.
                                                                              gallp13

birdman4256 wrote:

Thoughts ?

more h8 4 sure from the fam-ary
                                                                                rankismet

birdman4256 wrote:

RAN Kismet wrote:

And iam guessing core also has the biggest player base so maybe nerf it for core only that will keep mlg happy in their competative play school

Maybe no.
                                                                                  Youmakenosense

TruStory305 wrote:

ROFLCOPTER INBOUND!

It's a GAME, and what can happen when playing games.. you can challenge eachother. Or am I missing something?!

The way how you challenge someone doesn't matter, I ain't gonna be polite asking dude like: Would you concider playing against me?

I use Famas (amongst other guns), he say only bad players use Famas = me feeling the need to put him in his place.

You use the famas and PROUDLY dashboard to hit the leaderboards. The idea that you ca n"put him in his place" when you are the absolute most hated and looked down upon type of player there is in the entire game is beyond laughable.
                                                                                    AK74U CAN GTFO

Youmakenosense wrote:

TruStory305 wrote:

ROFLCOPTER INBOUND!

You use the famas and PROUDLY dashboard to hit the leaderboards. The idea that you ca n"put him in his place" when you are the absolute most hated and looked down upon type of player there is in the entire game is beyond laughable.

It's not even the gun, it's the fact that he has to dashboard to look good. rofl
                                                                                      I should let this thread die but bottom line if you are complaining about getting killed by the famas then you are bad. 

The gun is good but so is the AK-47, Commando, Galil, etc.  Yes I use the famas.  I also use all of the the other guns in the game minus the mini uzi.  Including the Enfield, mac-11, etc.

If you see a guy before he sees you and you are both 4 bar then you should kill him.  If you don't regardless of what gun he has then you are bad.  If he sees you first and kills you then thats too bad.  Even if he had the worst gun he should still kill you if he sees you first.

Stop complaining about a video game.  The game was designed.  The famas isn't game breaking.  Why do people feel like the game should be changed to fit their needs?  I guess everyone should run around trying to fully auto the mini uzi from across the map so you can kill them.

I bet when you are in a lobby of bad players you don't notice they are using the famas.  You know why?  Because they aren't killing you.  Of course when you start dying by it though you are going to start to complain.  -Rant Over-
                                                                                        TruStory305

Youmakenosense wrote:

TruStory305 wrote:

ROFLCOPTER INBOUND!

Uhm, dashboarding is LOW but not cheating. Okay, with that being said.. I don't need to cheat to win a gunfight or a match. It's beyond low to dashboard when losing, I already been through this.

So, to even considered to be the most hated person on this forum doesn't take away that I can whipe this kid! Don't get things twisted, please don't. When he say that only bad people use this gun, let him not only talk the talk. Let me or other Famas users show him what's really going on.

So yeah, even when being the most hated.. I think whenever you put me and him in a match and I win maybe some of you guys will still not give me my props but others WILL say THAT HE GOT WHAT CAME FOR HIM! Everybody will keep in mind that I'm low for dashboarding but I guess they will understand that when I slay this kid that it's a wrap.

If not, then okay.. no problem. My thing was "personal", meaning I had no intention to invite you guys to see the match if ever this dude accepted.

It's me just getting sick of people who are to damn cocky to give in that THEY suck instead of the so called overpowered weapons.
                                                                                          lol Leo
                                                                                          Just saying I used the Famas the first week it was out because I loved in MW2 and I got over 1000 kills. Its still my top gun I can't even catch up with all the other guns in the whole game and I've been using them for months. Just give it more kickback and i'd be happy.
                                                                                            unimsw
                                                                                            I don't use the FAMAS. I think it's overrated, not overpowered. My SPAS laughs at the FAMAS.

TruStory305 wrote:

Uhm, dashboarding is LOW but not cheating. Okay, with that being said.. I don't need to cheat to win a gunfight or a match. It's beyond low to dashboard when losing, I already been through this.

So, to even considered to be the most hated person on this forum doesn't take away that I can whipe this kid! Don't get things twisted, please don't. When he say that only bad people use this gun, let him not only talk the talk. Let me or other Famas users show him what's really going on.

So yeah, even when being the most hated.. I think whenever you put me and him in a match and I win maybe some of you guys will still not give me my props but others WILL say THAT HE GOT WHAT CAME FOR HIM! Everybody will keep in mind that I'm low for dashboarding but I guess they will understand that when I slay this kid that it's a wrap.

If not, then okay.. no problem. My thing was "personal", meaning I had no intention to invite you guys to see the match if ever this dude accepted.

It's me just getting sick of people who are to damn cocky to give in that THEY suck instead of the so called overpowered weapons.

They might give you props if you win, but who is to say you wont dashboard if you were losing?  Dashboarders that do it for the purpose of their stats will never have my respect.
                                                                                                jahunt1
                                                                                                I'm just curious as to why MW2 didn't have that 1 gun that was as good as the FAMAS, or the AK74 pre-patch, is in comparison to others.
                                                                                                Sure MW2 had the Ump, but it wasn't the best gun in the game. A SCAR or ACR would easily beat them at range, and the other SMGs weren't terrible in comparison to the UMP. Treyarch just doesn't seem like they can achieve gun balance in games. MP40? AK74? FAMAS?
                                                                                                  theres no point its just a gun with plenty of ways to defeat it......only proper noobs dont like it FACT
                                                                                                    gallp13

Mrshane963 wrote:

theres no point its just a gun with plenty of ways to defeat it......only proper noobs dont like it FACT

Here, here - its not that hard to beat. Its is a solid gun that noobs use......nooby (is that a word?) and skilled use with....skill. (obvious really). Noobs are easy to kill no matter what they use and skilled are hard to kill. So who really cares? When I was a noob a bloke with a blunt stick and harsh language could kill me. Now I am less of a noob I spank that blokes hairy arse and do my rest against that rest. Enjoy that game.....I do. 
                                                                                                      Dying is dying.  Watch your six fellas