1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 643 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2011 1:20 AM by Acidline303 Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: #hcflags and #hcbombs - adding more HC game mode variants
        First of all: Thank you for bringing this up and for being cool about our twitter-"campaign". I'm sure you have lots of work to do and loads of requests, so that you took the time to get this in here is much appreciated.

As you know, I support the HC Flag and HC Bomb. I'd like to see them replacing HC CTF and HC HQ (bringing HQ into either should be easy enough, despite the names).HC FFA could ofc be removed/altered instead of HQ, but I think it's good for "lone wolfs" to have a place in HC too.

The only thing I am very keen on is make sure the HC Dom spawningtime is set to 0. As we have tried this setting set to both wave and 10 sec (or was it 5, not sure...) and it was a major disadvantage to the team being unfortunate to have multiple guys killed rapidly. The other team would have a good headstart and could quickly dominate in certain situations, especially on large maps where the spawned had to run far to get to the flags.

I do not see any reason to bring riccochet into the mix, but thats just personal preference. TK'ing is something that's gotta be avoided in hardcore through communication and tactical gameplay. Adding riccochet lets people be more wreckless and think less about what they're doing, making the tactical element of HC objectivegames fade. As we've seen in our private matches and during the community gamenigh: Some tactics that are normal in core could never be used as wrecklessly in HC (Objective-tubing, Blind-tubing, grenade-spamming etc) without having to take a little time out.

It's 00:30 right now over here, so i'm gonna get a few hours of BO in, before I have to wake up. Will probably post something more/discuss further tomorrow;)

Again: Thank you for taking the time to discuss this! We really appreciate the effort on your part to help the HC community getting #MoreHardcoreGameModes

Sincerely,

your BFF(:P)
        KukkolfKambo
        • 21. Re: #hcflags and #hcbombs - adding more HC game mode variants
          rankismet
          Vahn, as one who has been tweeting you for while on this... And owner of a "jeebus" looking twit-pic... Thanks for taking the time to listen.

Personally you have it spot on... Two mosh pits. I woul love to just HC Domination on it's own, too.

This is a great example of how positive communication can influence... Cheers.
          • 22. Re: #hcflags and #hcbombs - adding more HC game mode variants
            Keep it simple, just like you said. I would also recommend removing friendly fire.
            • 23. Re: #hcflags and #hcbombs - adding more HC game mode variants
              Thank you - your attention & consideration for devoting your team's resources to responding to this community request is appreciated.

Your summary of the 2 modes (HC Flags moshpit & HC Bombs moshpit) sounds like it would fit the bill.

To answer your questions:

I could do without the HC HeadQuarters playlist (& maybe even FFA if it came down to making the hard choices).

I could do without Ricochet, especially considering how it could dramatically change killstreak usage in HC since players would not risk team-killing by haphazardly bathing the map in napalm strikes & the like. I think the risk of team-killing (along with being kicked out for it) helps elevate the level of play & encourage better teamwork.

I think just about any/all the maps would be fine. Nuketown & Firing Range are popular, but can be chaotic & difficult for certain objective game types due to their small size, spawn points, sight lines, routes, etc.

I'm sure many community members would love to discuss this further with you in much more detail, but from your posts on this thread, it sounds like you'd prefer fast answers that fit into a tight schedule, so I'll cut my response off here.

Thanks again.

• 24. Re: #hcflags and #hcbombs - adding more HC game mode variants
                First off, thank you! You know I've been an ass from time to time on this. I stepped down and the rest of the guys took the initiative to places I never would have imagined.

I agree with Cable, for what it's worth.
                HC Bomb - Every bomb mode except for S&D
                HC Flag - All flag modes.

Modes to give up - I'd like to see HC Bomb, HC Flag, HC TDM and HC S&D. I'd sacrifice CTF and HQ in favor of those, so as to ensure the playlist is not thinned.

As for ricochet - I've always been against it. In my opinion, hardcore is about checking your fire. Adding ricochet takes away from that.

Maps - I honestly have no opinion. Being someone who seldom plays Core, I don't know what maps pose problems for Dom, Sab, Demo, etc...

Again, thank you. It's great to see a dev team that truly does listen.
                • 25. Re: #hcflags and #hcbombs - adding more HC game mode variants
                  Hi again,

Let me clear this up. None of these are going to have leader boards or stats. No playlist added after release can "patch" this in effectively which is why Hardcore CTF and other playlists like Nuketown 24/7 don't have it.

Playlists are not game modes. Only game modes put in the game at launch will have that level of support.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar
                  • 26. Re: #hcflags and #hcbombs - adding more HC game mode variants
                    Cable99

Vahn wrote:

Hi again,

Let me clear this up. None of these are going to have leader boards or stats. No playlist added after release can "patch" this in effectively which is why Hardcore CTF and other playlists like Nuketown 24/7 don't have it.

Playlists are not game modes. Only game modes put in the game at launch will have that level of support.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar

I'm fine with that. I just want #morehardcoregamemodes .  

The respawn timer thing for DOM is critical, though. And I imagine it will affect the BOMB modes too.

Map-wise, I hear Havana is a #$@% when it comes to spawn-trapping, but like Claymore I don't play CORE Objective much at all.

And when the little pukes scream about leaderboards/stats for the new playlists I'll be there going to bat for you to keep the "noise" down. 
                    • 27. Re: #hcflags and #hcbombs - adding more HC game mode variants
                      Indeed. I don't care about the leaderboard either. I simply want variety. We play HC CTF quite a lot and the lack of leaderboard has never been a topic of concern.
                      • 28. Re: #hcflags and #hcbombs - adding more HC game mode variants
                        TheHulk5092

Cable 99 wrote:

Vahn wrote:

Hi again,

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar

I'm fine with that. I just want #morehardcoregamemodes .  

The respawn timer thing for DOM is critical, though. And I imagine it will affect the BOMB modes too.

Map-wise, I hear Havana is a #$@% when it comes to spawn-trapping, but like Claymore I don't play CORE Objective much at all.

And when the little pukes scream about leaderboards/stats for the new playlists I'll be there going to bat for you to keep the "noise" down. 

• 29. Re: #hcflags and #hcbombs - adding more HC game mode variants
                          Hrm.

I think Hardcore Bombs should have Search, even if Search has it's own playlist. Just for the variety. I'm not a fan of adding Sabotage to Hardcore Bombs?

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar
                          1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next