25 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2011 12:10 AM by A Ninjakitty RSS

Why does everyone hate Ghost pro?

N0_d3N1AL
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_fIRJg7qgw

I don't like Ghost, and I don't like scrubs who camp all the time. No, infact, I like them on TDM- more kills for me, more deaths for them. But I really don't understand the arguement against Ghost. It is the counter to spy planes. Without it, a Blackbird would practically be a 3 killstreak. I get that it's annoying, but how is it unbalanced? Second Chance is annoying, too right. But whether it's overpowered is controversial. Is there a genuine arguement as to why Ghost should be taken out, or is it just whining little kids who suck at the game and want to complain about everything?
        • Re: Why does everyone hate Ghost pro?
          Freebird314
          I really don't understand the argument for ghost. I guess more people use it in this game because there's no stopping power or juggernaut. I always used it in the previous CODS. But people need a reason to complain. And since there's no stopping power or jugg, well they complain about ghost and second chance; which was in the previous cods too.
            666Matty666
            I personally don't have a problem with it but I think it has to do with the fact that the spy plane is used so often that people tend to rely on it. Kill streaks don't add to the next making spy plane a common one so you know where every one is and when some ones kill streak reward is rendered useless they cry about it.
              NPNators
              I have no problem with it.  I have it on a couple of classes, and I'll switch to them if the other team calls in a blackbird.

People just have it in their head that they're better than they actually are....and they get upset when they get killed by someone who wasn't on their mini-map.

NPNators wrote:

I have no problem with it.  I have it on a couple of classes, and I'll switch to them if the other team calls in a blackbird.

You do know the Blackbird reveals where you are regardless of Ghost Pro right? True story.

People just piss and moan because they soley rely on the baby monitor on the top left of the screen too often. I use the mini-map, but I use my eyes and ears far more often.

The Spy Plane is actually a really good way to know where the Ghost players are. WUT!?!?!?   Let me explain.

For the players that have a good sense of situational awareness and kindergarten math skills you can deduce their location. By calling in a SP, you can obviously see how many players aren't using Ghost.

So you take the number of how many players aren't using Ghost and then figure out the rest of the Ghost users. So say in TDM there are three red dots on the map with a SP up. So obviously there are three Ghost users. This sh*t is so simple it's stupid.

Then, by looking at where those three dots are on the map, it's easy to deduce where the other three Ghost users are. So if there is a spot on the map that is empty, chances are there's someone near you waiting to shoot you in the ass.

The Hacker perk is also a very good way to tell where that little coner camping Ghosty is. If you see a Motion Sensor, then there's someone close to it. See that claymore? Chances are there's someone near it. Unless you're me. I like to plant random claymores in high traffic areas and choke points and keep moving.

OF course the SR-71s are the ultimate Ghost counter, and getting more than one in one match of TDM is oh so sweet.

TBs work well too, but obviously no everyone has access to those headsets. Even without those, TA has given the players ample ways to counter these Ghost users. So stop whining!
                  I dont hate the perk. I hate the Ghillie suit it gives campers.
                    greencoffin72
                    The only thing I don't like about the Ghost perk is the ghillie suit, Russian marshmallow suit and the Spanish Ragbag.

They are stupid outfits and should be removed, they are so OP.

greencoffin72 wrote:

The only thing I don't like about the Ghost perk is the ghillie suit, Russian marshmallow suit and the Spanish Ragbag.

They are stupid outfits and should be removed, they are so OP.

But they are SOOOOOOOO instyle right now. FABULOUS!
                        TheCharmingOne
                        Most people don't like ghost because there's almost no counter to it other than an eight kill killstreak.  For some people, getting that eight kills in a row is a bit of a challenge, so they complain about the Ghost perk.  However, like someone above has already stated, you can easily deduce where a ghost user is by using basic math, deduction, and the hacker perk.

Also, a lot of people hate Ghost because so many people are using it.  When a large majority of the gaming population uses a certain perk, weapon, weapon attachment, etc. people think it's over powered and start to complain about it.  (*cough*  AK-74u  *cough*)

For me, I kill Ghost users all the time.  I can't tell you how useful a finely cooked frag grenade is against those little suckers.
                          N0_d3N1AL

666Matty666 wrote:

I personally don't have a problem with it but I think it has to do with the fact that the spy plane is used so often that people tend to rely on it. Kill streaks don't add to the next making spy plane a common one so you know where every one is and when some ones kill streak reward is rendered useless they cry about it.

If I'm notp laying Barebones Pure, Spy Plane is the only killstreak I use. I don't bother changing my killstreaks I reckon they're pointless, but I don't have a problem with Ghost. I don't walk around only looking at the radar, but I do try to use it to find where the mass of enemies are- especially when a Blackbird is up.
                            Johnny Cupcakes
                            my problems with Ghost are ones that are created by the game and people that use it. For example:

1.) If people are able to switch a class to ghost during a match to negate my spy plane, I should be able to switch my killstreak so I'm not stuck wasting a spot on something that is essentially useless.

2.) For the most part, people who run ghost dont shoot down killstreaks for their fellow teammates. Not being seen by enemy aircraft makes these people the perfect candidates to shoot them down, however, I feel everyone should be carrying rockets anyway.
                              Subie Greg
                              My friend got killed by someone using Ghost. I miss him. It sucks because my friend was being responsible and his life was taken away because of someones stupid mistake.

It's easy to think "Oh I'm using Ghost but it isn't hurting anyone else". Wrong. We often forget just how many lives we affect with actions we take everyday.

Why, you ask.. i think majority of people who dislike ghost have stated it pretty clearly, it slows down the game. I never played MW2, but in MW1 when the first UAV was called in the action started, because you could see everyone, thanks to Stopping power.

I dont mind ghost, i use it since its always been my playstyle, in mw1 i never used stopping power, i had bomb squad, uav jammer, dead silence/extreme condition to rush and flank.

Some say ghost is like "use me, its easier to camp", but in my opinion flak jacket is even worse when it comes to camping, but thats just me.

Second chance is what everyone hates! 
                                  Look, let's all forget about Ghost and Second Chance and think about the greatest threat here... cyborg llamas.

Suppafinga V2 wrote:

Look, let's all forget about Ghost and Second Chance and think about the greatest threat here... cyborg llamas.

Is that something from mw3? Sounds bad indeed.
                                      Wiggy doesn't hate ghost pro, he finds it very helpful when shooting down gunships and choppa gunners and breaking the hearts of green guys who are lucky enough to get them in care packages.

You don't actually think Wiggy would let someone get a killstreak high enough to unlock it do you? Oh hellz to the nizzo...

splittinwigs wrote:

Wiggy doesn't hate ghost pro, he finds it very helpful when shooting down gunships and choppa gunners and breaking the hearts of green guys who are lucky enough to get them in care packages.

You don't actually think Wiggy would let someone get a killstreak high enough to unlock it do you? Oh hellz to the nizzo...

You mean that CG you stole from the greenie on Firing Range? I bet that guy was gutted...
                                          Directly into your question, ghost pro is *****, if you work hard for a 11 killstreak and a ghost ***** destroys it directly, thats really annoying. You never had a 11 or 9 killstreak don't you? Never had a chopper or gunship? If you had you wouldn't ask this stupid question...

Suppafinga V2 wrote:

You mean that CG you stole from the greenie on Firing Range? I bet that guy was gutted...

Hehe, oh yeah, forgot all about that one, Good times.
                                              Blaken5
                                              I find myself hating on Ghost and the pro version, solely because of a few reasons. 

1.  Campers either use Ghost or Flak Jacket now. 
                                                2.  It has its place in the game, but in a domination match or TDM, i think it's just being cheap, those gametypes are fast paced enough to get a counter spy plane instead right?  Hardline instead and its 3 kills?
                                                In regard to that, i think in my personal opinion that Ghost can be a great perk if your playing CTF or Sabotage.  Ghost Pro + Ninja Pro = Being able to get behind the enemy line, which i think most people take advantage of.  To be honest, i barely see Ghost players who play the objective.  In domination, I guarantee, that ***** who keeps running around the back and taking you's out to get his chopper gunner, he has ghost on.  Ghost leads to alot of success, even when i've used it i have improved my game.  Soon it will be a Black ops where there will only be a few people without ghost on, so then nobody will know where anyone is, and it'll be like playing barebones O_o
                                                3.  The majority of the people who use it are usually the least skillful players, making it more humiliating when you get killed by them. 
                                                4.  I am an average player myself, but the amount of times i have been onto my high killstreaks, and i get shot in the back by a ghost player who has spawned behind me, is in the 100's. 

I think it should be banned from tdm and dom.  In TDM, the spawn flips every few seconds just about, and in domination the spawns seem to spread out alot.  Nothing worse than pushing up the feild towards the blimps on your radar, to find they have already spawned behind you :/ 

JUST MY OPINION!    
                                                Z0MB1E MESSIAH

N0_d3N1AL wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_fIRJg7qgw

I don't like Ghost, and I don't like scrubs who camp all the time. No, infact, I like them on TDM- more kills for me, more deaths for them. But I really don't understand the arguement against Ghost. It is the counter to spy planes. Without it, a Blackbird would practically be a 3 killstreak. I get that it's annoying, but how is it unbalanced? Second Chance is annoying, too right. But whether it's overpowered is controversial. Is there a genuine arguement as to why Ghost should be taken out, or is it just whining little kids who suck at the game and want to complain about everything?

Honestly, it's mostly about being annoyed/frustrated when such a diverse game is scaled down to a few primary features: Ghost, Famas and now quick scoping

And thanks to a half a dozen patches, quick-scoping--if you think from another players perspective, owning a quickscoper is just as annoying as getting killed by one. No thrill of a gun fight, dodging bullets, taking cover, etc. Just either A---he OHKs you, or B---you basically own a fool that might as well have been running around without a gun

it's rare that you see more than 1 person on the other team using a unique set-up (like pistol only, dual wield guns, shotties, etc), and usually they're not very good at it. I'm glad I can diversify all you boring player's games with my olympia, spas, Skorpions, Makarov+extended mags, real scoping, etc 

Wertoo4 wrote:

Directly into your question, ghost pro is *****, if you work hard for a 11 killstreak and a ghost ***** destroys it directly, thats really annoying. You never had a 11 or 9 killstreak don't you? Never had a chopper or gunship? If you had you wouldn't ask this stupid question...

Do you think there should be no counter to your precious CG or Hind? I have had times where I was up in there air for seconds and got shot down & also times where I was up the entire duration without getting shot at once! You win some & you lose some that is how the cookie crumbles. If you aren't getting much luck then maybe you should use Dogs as your 11 & CG as your 9 that way you can have some ground protection.
                                                    xetsujic
                                                    I dislike it because it is primarily used by campers. 2 It is a dishonor to any sniper when the kids running around spraying get ghillie suits. 3 it counters the sentry gun now while that's cool and all I would have left that alone it's already a 6 kill streak and a care package so a lot of things can happen before it gets to you. Then you can only point it one way they are easy to take out. Now ghost pro just made it useless and it will be destroyed easily. Entire teams run it making the spy plane a useless kill streak. It really killed a lot of diversity in the game now you either run ghost or die because we know where you are.

TheCharmingOne wrote:

Most people don't like ghost because there's almost no counter to it other than an eight kill killstreak.  For some people, getting that eight kills in a row is a bit of a challenge, so they complain about the Ghost perk.  However, like someone above has already stated, you can easily deduce where a ghost user is by using basic math, deduction, and the hacker perk.

Also, a lot of people hate Ghost because so many people are using it.  When a large majority of the gaming population uses a certain perk, weapon, weapon attachment, etc. people think it's over powered and start to complain about it.  (*cough*  AK-74u  *cough*)

For me, I kill Ghost users all the time.  I can't tell you how useful a finely cooked frag grenade is against those little suckers.

No counter to ghost? Are you serious? Ghost is used to counter spy plane spam and I think it is perfectly reasonable to do so. A 3 kill blackbird? **** that.
                                                        johny54life
                                                        I specifically made this class for ghost users

famas:shogun undermount
                                                        makarov dual wield

concussion, frag, jammer

flak jacket, SOH, tactical mask PRO

rcxd, counter spy plane, blackbird or dogs
                                                          A Ninjakitty
                                                          Ghost encourages slowing the game down through making camping really easy. I'm not saying it should all be fast paced run around like a chicken with it's head cut off, but ending TDMs at <5000 points for both teams after the full 10 minutes is redonkulous. I thought the game's pace was perfect before when Stopping Power was still in.

And for the record, it's not Ghost that I hate. It's the misuse/abuse of Ghost by everyone who camps with it. Regardless of how many people claim they flank/rush with it, most of what I see is straight up corner camping. Corner camping can't be eliminated from the game (it is a part of every FPS), but it shouldn't be made even easier than it already is. Giving everyone Ghost with no tradeoff is a mistake that will hopefully be fixed in MW3. If not, I'll just have to camp harder than everyone else does...