20 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2012 11:59 PM by sliceandice123 RSS

Split Screeners

dan9378
      i absolutely refuse to believe that im the only person playing this game that is infuriated by split-screeners. i cant help but think they seem harder to kill (might just be me being bitter). more importantly, why should i have to pay over £100 for an xbox, £40-odd a year for xbox live, and £40 for blops (new) just for someone else to play for free?

i normally laugh at people crying about stuff, but this is MY only gripe. does anyone know if the split screeners will be back for MW3?

also, since the new update, i have noticed that myself and my friends, when playing as a squad/party only get a 2-bar connection to the game. by this i mean just my squad, the restg of the players in the lobby get a full signal. does anybody else experience this?
        • Re: Split Screeners
          sweatyclam
          If they have host, the games ruined normally in my experience everyone else will be on two yellow bars.
            dan9378

Sweaty Clam wrote:

If they have host, the games ruined normally in my experience everyone else will be on two yellow bars.

and when that happens, so does the argument with my conscience wether to quit the game, or see it through.
              sweatyclam
              I have a friend who hates them with a passion, he swears they mess up the games connection, I'm not so sure, but sometimes I can see where he's coming from, but I think it depends on their individual connection rather than the fact they are split screening.

Except when they have host of course.
                sirbrandoneth

dan9378 wrote:

i absolutely refuse to believe that im the only person playing this game that is infuriated by split-screeners. i cant help but think they seem harder to kill (might just be me being bitter). more importantly, why should i have to pay over £100 for an xbox, £40-odd a year for xbox live, and £40 for blops (new) just for someone else to play for free?

i normally laugh at people crying about stuff, but this is MY only gripe. does anyone know if the split screeners will be back for MW3?

also, since the new update, i have noticed that myself and my friends, when playing as a squad/party only get a 2-bar connection to the game. by this i mean just my squad, the restg of the players in the lobby get a full signal. does anybody else experience this?

Never thought about the lag problems but I prefer to play against these types simply because have you ever tried to split screen play? I dont care how big your TV is, it is ridiculously hard to be effective and catch every thing so basically I see it as an easy kill. But yes I agree they would be sending and receiving twice the data.
                  Split-screeners are nothing but dirty pikeys who can't afford a second xbox. Every game I play against them is so laggy it's unreal, you see them bouncing across the screen making them stupid annoying to kill.

The new trick seems to be split-screeners in objective games - 1 will play and leave the 2nd screen in spawn, then when 1 dies the 2nd will move. Well done dickhead, now our team is 1 player down.
                    How are you guys sure when you are playing w/ or against split screeners.  Besides the obvious times.

I have two friends that split screen.  They both have their separate Xbox live accounts and they both have over a 2 K/D.  They play on a 32 inch standard definition tv.  When I go over to a friends house I often sign into my account and we both still destroy.  When my friend gets host the majority of the room has a 4 bar.
                      Hate split screeners.  This game has a hard enough time with keeping up with one player let alone two.   Every time I'm in a room with the SS'ers the connection feels horrible.
                        Am I the only one that hasn't noticed the lag when playing against split screeners?
                          i dont have a problem playing with or against split screeners and i usually pull host so i dont have that problem what i do have a problem with is playing things like s&d and i kill a guy then he screams to his buddy where im at maybe there should be a limited playlist like in halo?

Twk Section 8 wrote:

i dont have a problem playing with or against split screeners and i usually pull host so i dont have that problem what i do have a problem with is playing things like s&d and i kill a guy then he screams to his buddy where im at maybe there should be a limited playlist like in halo?

TDM only.  
                              dan9378
                              just one more thing to cry about...

how can 3arch possibly let split screeners play wager matches?

i was once in a game of 1 in the chamber and the pikey screeners worked together. when it was just the 2 of them left, they were just following each other round, clear for the rest of us to see.

signing in as your own genniune premium account is i suppose acceptable. my buggest issue is them playing for free. just doesnt make sense to me.

im sure its the same in game modes such as S&D
                                the only thing I have against split screeners.....and usually it's a guest..is why are they allowed to play ranked matchmaking???....that is one of the things that ruined the leaderboards......have 3 accounts each split screen....there ya go...major boosting.....if CoD is going to start copying other FPS games...at least have a non ranking playlist...guest shouldn't be allowed in ranked games
                                  Death Assassin
                                  I don't think split screeners ruin the game. The only time I believe they ruin it is when they are host because if you don't have a good connection and your host than the match won't go good. That considered the fact is split screeners have twice as much happening and I do believe unless the said split screeners have a fast internet than it might cause lag in the game.

As for your complaint of how the person playing split screen with his/her buddy isn't having to pay for xbox live or anything like that i don't think that is bad. I don't care if some person out there isn't paying for xbox live just because they are playing split screen with a friend. I think it's a nice thing for those who favor sitting on a couch playing video games with their friend apposed to playing the game over xbox live. Also that is basically like saying that it is wrong if say a whole family shares one xbox with xbox live and they all get to play on it.

Lastly, for split screeners having some unseen advantage like being harder to kill in an online game or something like that I don't believe they have any advantage. If anything they are at a disadvantage online because of the split screen. I notice that most split screeners I play against usually don't do good in online matches. If I had to say I'd guess that they are split screening more for fun than to do good. I can also say from personal experience that having the tv split can feel way different because you have a lot less of a screen. Even if it was a big tv I still believe that it would put them at a disadvantage because I notice that once I get used to playing on a certain size tv it does feel a little weird playing games.
                                    MrGlonk
                                    I have played split screen before and it is 10x harder to play. Half my screen, you don't get the killfeed, and you have to scroll all the way down on the scores to see the other team. It is a pain.

When I have played against splitscreeners I have never had any issues with connection.

Also, they don't seem to do very well either because of the restraints.

dan9378 wrote:

Ya know how many brothers and sisters share an account. I play splitscreen with my girlfriend on separate gamertags so neither one of us is playing for free. Ive played with and against splitscreeners and have never had any lag issues. I have gotten host while splitscreening and noone has said anything about it.. Then again noone knows i am splitscreening. I personally think people make to big a deal out of it because most times splitscreeners suck. I guess if you can blame lag on splitscreen then you can get rid of splitscreen all together.

dan9378 wrote:

just one more thing to cry about...

how can 3arch possibly let split screeners play wager matches?

i was once in a game of 1 in the chamber and the pikey screeners worked together. when it was just the 2 of them left, they were just following each other round, clear for the rest of us to see.

signing in as your own genniune premium account is i suppose acceptable. my buggest issue is them playing for free. just doesnt make sense to me.

im sure its the same in game modes such as S&D

Are you really complaining about 30 cod points?
                                          dan9378

pmpinaintez11 wrote:

Are you really complaining about 30 cod points?

no. complaining about the game being completely ruined.
                                            EighteenAlpha
                                            I absolutely hate split screen players and think they ruin the rounds, matches, and game in general.

Why? The second screen takes kills from paying players/teammates and when they really suck...can (usually do) ruin a hard fought round. As far as connection issues, I've never made the association but now that it's been mentioned, it does seem to be a problem. Just played a few rounds in a couple of lobbies with them and noticed frequent lags and "connection interrupted" messages.

Those who like playing AGAINST them (because one/both is/are easily tooled), usually turn around and whine when on the same side. Personally, I think it's just not right either way. Has anyone ever wondered why one sucks and the other doesn't? Ever consider one is being used to boost/pad the other? Example: Screen 1 runs ahead and gets shot while screen 2 follows to get the kill and avenger points. <----seen this a lot.

I completely understand the practical (and financial) reasons for having the split screen option. BUT they definitely should be limited to certain game modes (I think TDM & zombies only). Sure that's my opinion and why should it matter? I pay for 3 systems, games, & XBL accounts and will say for sure that I will NEVER buy a game that allows freeloaders in online multiplayer modes. For now, I'll just take the loss by backing out of rounds with split screeners and put them on my avoid list.
                                              MzGalaxyz
                                              Most of the split-screeners I play against, generally aren't very good.

When I want to avoid them (majority of my time.) I just play Mercenary GameModes.

honestly, i have no problem playing with split screeners. maybe its just cause i am kinda good and can win with them on my team. ive seen split screeners go 25-2 and 14-1 in a game of demolition and almost the exact score in tdm. if you really have to complain i guess its your right. but all i have to say is pick your balls up off the ground, and play. or just dont play at all...

its a game, trade the xbox for a ps3 and your all good about the money. so look, stop complaining, crying, and b*tchin or justget off. no one wants to hear it. the game is suppose to be fun