33 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2011 11:59 AM by ChappyHova RSS

Best FPS ever made and why?

iwarega
      COD Black Ops! To me is the best shooter ever made! A tip of the hat to the developers! Here are my reasons.

1 ). The game is balanced.
      2 ). Skill is actually required to be a sniper.
      3 ). Non stackable Kill-Streaks.
      4 ). Tactical Insertions are not available in Free For all. ( Less cheating )
      5 ). All the DLC maps are actually new ones.
      6 ). A lot of innovation in Zombie mode.
      7 ). The addictive Point System.
      8 ). Customization.
      9 ). And all of the obvious reasons, smoothness, graphics, etc.
        • Re: Best FPS ever made and why?
          it has to be either golden eye or perfect dark on the n64
            I'd go ahead and list all of the reasons why it's not, but i don't have that much time.
              Seriously do you actually believe that Blops is the best ever!  :shock:

Until they sort out the Hit detection / Lag compenation and sync issues this game is not won on skill but who has that half / 1 second advantage.

Whats more in a 6v6 game 5 folk out off the opposite team will be using a galil, famas, aug or comando with 1 idiot QS.. What about all the other weapons....

get a bottle off jack or whatever... play blops and take a shot every time you die from something other than the above mentioned guns... you'll still be sober 6 hours later. balanced my ar5e...
                iwarega
                Judging by your reply, the best fps hasn't been made yet. I bet if we gave you all you wanted, you'd still find something to complain about.
                  Rober666
                  If you put the quality feel of MW2 i.e the flawless hit detection and sound n stuff (The rest of the game was an abomination) and you put the balanceing from blops HOPEFULLY! we will have MW3.
                    iwarega
                    The question is , what is the best FPS ever made ( According to you ) and why. I'll respect your answer. I bet you can't answer the question.
                      Rober666

IWarega wrote:

The question is , what is the best FPS ever made ( According to you ) and why. I'll respect your answer. I bet you can't answer the question.

WaW
                        Cod4 IMO is one of the best FPS games ever made.

Fact is there is no Best FPS game ever, it all comes down to personal preference, and in my personal Preference CoD4, BFBC2, and CSS are the Best FPS games ever made.
                          Rober666

IWarega wrote:

WaW
                            iwarega

Rober666 wrote:

IWarega wrote:

WaW

Mp5 a little over powered, but it was a good game.
                              iwarega

fonseca99 wrote:

I'd go ahead and list all of the reasons why it's not, but i don't have that much time.

I salute you. You've got so many badges, you look like a Chinese Sushi plate.
                                Rober666
                                MP40   Same arguement, overused not overpowerd. The DP-28, now THAT was overpowerd!
                                  iwarega

Psycho29388 wrote:

Cod4 IMO is one of the best FPS games ever made.

Fact is there is no Best FPS game ever, it all comes down to personal preference, and in my personal Preference CoD4, BFBC2, and CSS are the Best FPS games ever made.

I like your answer.
                                    resistflags

IWarega wrote:

COD Black Ops! To me is the best shooter ever made! A tip of the hat to the developers! Here are my reasons.

8 ). Customization.

You need to play more shooters and look deeper at the core of COD......
                                    Only real thing COD has going for it it xp and ranking system means you want to play more. Cheat trick

I lol at 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
                                    COD does all these things average not the best.

Sadly COD not even in my list of top 5 shooters of all time the reason it still making mistakes from the past. And lacks innovation compared to other shooters of the same type.
                                      kasdoffe

IWarega wrote:

Well, I'd guess it would have to be the first FPS i ever played:  Wolfenstein 3D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfenstein_3D
                                        360xboxwhat
                                        halo 3
                                          iwarega

resistflags wrote:

IWarega wrote:

8 ). Customization.

You need to play more shooters and look deeper at the core of COD......
                                          Only real thing COD has going for it it xp and ranking system means you want to play more. Cheat trick

I lol at 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
                                          COD does all these things average not the best.

Sadly COD not even in my list of top 5 shooters of all time the reason it still making mistakes from the past. And lacks innovation compared to other shooters of the same type.

I hear you. I hope Counter Strike is not on your list.
                                            iwarega

360xboxwhat wrote:

halo 3

Yea.
                                              iwarega

kasdoffe wrote:

IWarega wrote:

Well, I'd guess it would have to be the first FPS i ever played:  Wolfenstein 3D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfenstein_3D

The pioneer of all FPS. Good answer !
                                                the redscare5
                                                For me it would be several. Based on the progression of FPS's. The oldest being Quake1, that game I feel really started it all. I remember having LAN parties and playing Quake 1 back in the day. Then, Goldeneye, which I feel really invented the FPS on console gaming. If only Wii was smart enough to release the original Goldeneye for online game play. Next would be Counter Strike for PC. Halo1 would be next and then Black Ops, as it got me back into FPS's.
                                                  The best FPS is Halo: Combat Evolved. It had amazing visuals, an amazing editor, weapon balance, vehicles seamlessly implemented, amazing maps, fun multiplayer, no leaderboards, an interesting campaign with intelligent AI. There's little to no flaws in it.

Unlike Black Ops, which has many Mary Sue characters in an over-the-top campaign with many, many plot holes, in the multiplayer the weapons are too weak, as are some perks, the maps don't have logical objectives, the spawns don't work very well, and most if not all the maps are very gimmicky, especially the newer zombie maps. Oh, and they took the skill out of throwing knives by making the straight flying rubber balls.
                                                    BriarNinja
                                                    Unreal Tournament
                                                      Goldeneye for an older game.
                                                      Halo 3 for a more modern game.
                                                        TurtlesInSpace
                                                        Counter Strike (1.6 through Source)
                                                        Unreal Tournament 2004
                                                        Halo 3
                                                        Call of Duty: World at War
                                                        Goldeneye

Those 5 titles crush all others.  End of topic.
                                                          Goldeneye in my opinion is the best of all time.  Me and my friends played the crap out of that game back in the day.  Multiplayer was great and the campaign I could actually play multiple times with out getting sick of it.
                                                            Old game: Goldeneye
                                                            New game: COD4

/thread  :P
                                                              My favorite (not to be confused with "The Best") is Rainbow Six Vegas 2.  It was the first game I tried online when I joined XBL, and I still play it to this day.  The game mechanics seem better to me than any other FPS I've played.  I like the one shot headshot kills, and I like the importance of strafing.  It's not futuristic, and there are no monsters.  I also appreciate the more mature community that plays it (for the most part).
                                                                SNEEKN n PEEKN
                                                                This game could be the best ever if not plagued with Connection issues galore. Anyway the reason why COD4 is always listed is because of the simpleness of it. Killstreaks are 3/5/7 and weapons are simple, you have some customization but not a ton which ruins the game. Whens it simple you find that people play, not camp in a corner with their motion detector, last stand, flak jacket combo. It was simple in the games that made this game possible and if it returned to a simpler form the game would run better and be fun again. Too much of a good thing is always bad. That is why I have always said Halo2 was the best FPS ever made. Skill was the determining factor, if you knew the best routes to the best weapons, had a great shot and knew how to recover you won.
                                                                  dazzleshot
                                                                  BF2 looks like OP didnt playa nything else in his life besides arcade cod titles
                                                                    WesTheDuck

IWarega wrote:

8 ). Customization.

I lol'd at number 9.
                                                                      Nithox
                                                                      There is no "best" unfortunately they all have\had flaws  

FPS I have enjoyed the most :
                                                                      1. Rainbow six Vegas
                                                                      2. CoD 4
                                                                      3. BF2
                                                                      4. CS 1.6
                                                                      5. Golden eye
                                                                        supaghost99
                                                                        Battlefield: Bad Company 2

but hey, don't take my word for it... big maps, vehicles, destructible buildings/ANYTHING pretty much. a REAL medic class that can revive dead players, and throw out health kits etc etc. it literally is a war game, were as CoD is paintball, with killstreaks.

play what you will
                                                                          ChappyHova
                                                                          I'm not into FPS like all you are in terms of knowledge and seriousness. I don't know my guns and half the time I have no clue what you're all talking about on here. I just play for fun and the FPS that I had the most fun playing are.

Left 4 Dead
                                                                          Black Ops
                                                                          MW2
                                                                          GRAW 2
                                                                          Rainbow Six Las Vegas 2

No reasons other than just pure fun.