3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2011 8:36 PM by NiceTryxD RSS

Matchmaking trouble

TrollosLocos
      since I've downloaded the annihilation map pack the matchmaking sucks, with 13.000 ppl playing ground war I could only find 3 good games and before I had the map pack it would always find around 50 good games

another thing is that ground war NEVER gives the option to play domination on the annihilation maps, only team deathmatch
        • Re: Matchmaking trouble
          sweatyclam
          Have you checked everything your end, no one else using the connection, hardwired in etc.

All this has been covered before, have a search, there's lots of info out there....
            starbuckfrack

TrollosLocos wrote:

since I've downloaded the annihilation map pack the matchmaking sucks, with 13.000 ppl playing ground war I could only find 3 good games and before I had the map pack it would always find around 50 good games

another thing is that ground war NEVER gives the option to play domination on the annihilation maps, only team deathmatch

Same here about the first part you posted.

Heres what I posted in another thread....

I have noticed yesterday ALL of the games overnite that the amount of games in the search for new lobbies was around 8 to 10, sometimes as low as 3 total games searched. This is Texas Time from 12 midnight to 8 AM and in Merc TDM.

Now about a half hour ago the SAME thing happened. In almost all searches there were around 2 to 5 games searched that the game attempted to join. When usually there are either 50 or 100 games that are attempted.

I was in a lobby where our team lost 2000 to 7500 so I left that lobby and the game searched for 50 and put me back in that lobby. So then I backed out of the lobby and every search immediately gave me about 3 or 4 games it tried to join and put me in a lobby by myself as opposed to the normal 50. And the game I was able to join had people from Japan in a majority of the lobby.

I have seen a thread two weeks ago where it happened with no reasoning behind it.

Just curious and not hating it, but anyone else seen this ??

--------------------------------

Two nights ago Xbox Live was acting up. They even had it posted on the main XBL site when you logged in. So I dont think its on our end.
              NiceTryxD

TrollosLocos wrote:

i shall give you my theory, and will try to explain it as best i can.
              my theory is that its entirely dependant on the maps you have.
              i personally have bought all three map packs. but deleted the first two because they wernt me cuppa tea. so for a while i was still playing with no map packs.
              now, the number of players with the map packs is greater than the number of those without. so, because i had no dlc maps, the pool of players i can be matched with is significantly smaller.
              now that the annihilation map pack is out and i have it, the pool of players is even smaller for me. because i can now only search for players that also only have the 3rd dlc. so, i, like you, am only finding five games max etc.
              however, i would think that if i had all of the dlc. i would find a lot more games, because the player pool is greater.

thats my situation, which may be way off from yours, but theres my theory. hopefully it made sense and hopefully it helped.