10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2011 3:24 AM by Cs1294 RSS

TREYARCH DEVS ARE GENIUSES!!!!!!

The next few lines of text you will see may seem like they are coming out of the mouth of a fanboy, but honestly, I play all FPSes including battlefield, mag, and of course COD.

These are some of the reasons why Treyarch blows my F***ing mind.

1st map pack = (F)irst Strike
      2nd map pack = (E)scalation
      3rd map pack = (A)nnihilation
      4th map pack = (R)etaliation

And these aren't just fancy names made to spell out FEAR.

Rewind 50 years. Back to the 1960s. Everyone in the United States was scared ****less of getting nuked. World War III could be triggered in an INSTANT by any hostile aggression from the US or the Soviet Union taking the form of preemptive strikes or terrorist attacks hence the name FIRST STRIKE. This first strike would ESCALATE into a global war. This war would of course involve nukes, and along with it, ANNIHILATION of entire cities. This would go full circle with the superpower who struck first suffering punishment and RETALIATION from the other side.

The only thing this game needs is better graphics, dedicated servers, crouch sliding, and two separate campaigns. One with the US/NATO black operatives and one with the Soviet and Warsaw Pact spetsnaz black operatives. Then it would be PERFECT.
        • Re: TREYARCH DEVS ARE GENIUSES!!!!!!
          I never would have guessed this. Still skeptical of Treyarch but if this is true and not coincidence it's rather clever.
            Call them Geniuses when they fix the lag.

Call them Clever Little Bastards for configuring this little DLC conspiracy that's soon to come full circle.
              scubasteve590
              escalation is alreasy called retaliation. go to the memory on an xbox 360 and you wont find escalation. youll find retaliation
                FERRARI_250

DeadOperator wrote:

The next few lines of text you will see may seem like they are coming out of the mouth of a fanboy, but honestly, I play all FPSes including battlefield, mag, and of course COD.

Rewind 50 years. Back to the 1960s. Everyone in the United States was scared ****less of getting nuked. World War III could be triggered in an INSTANT by any hostile aggression from the US or the Soviet Union taking the form of preemptive strikes or terrorist attacks hence the name FIRST STRIKE. This first strike would ESCALATE into a global war. This war would of course involve nukes, and along with it, ANNIHILATION of entire cities. This would go full circle with the superpower who struck first suffering punishment and RETALIATION from the other side.

The only thing this game needs is better graphics, dedicated servers, crouch sliding, and two separate campaigns. One with the US/NATO black operatives and one with the Soviet and Warsaw Pact spetsnaz black operatives. Then it would be PERFECT.

I've noted the map pack names leading up to each other, but never realizing they slept out "fear".

All I thought was "You have the First Strike from the enemy, then the Escalation on one/both sides, then Annilation of one/both sides, then a retalitation from the attacked side."
                  DemiFluff
                  This is by far the stupidest thread ever made.
                    schmambuman

FERRARI_250 wrote:

DeadOperator wrote:

I've noted the map pack names leading up to each other, but never realizing they slept out "fear".

All I thought was "You have the First Strike from the enemy, then the Escalation on one/both sides, then Annilation of one/both sides, then a retalitation from the attacked side."

Er, you can't really have retaliation from a side, because if one or both (?) sides were annihilated, the very definition of annihilation means that there is absolutely nothing left. What would the side retaliate against, if the other side were annihilated?
                      Geniuses that make a laggy ass game.
                        Battle01

DeadOperator wrote:

Fake, the person who came up with the idea of it spelling out FEAR said he made it up. 

DemiFluff wrote:

This is by far the stupidest thread ever made.

At least he elaborated what the Treyarch devs were genius for...
                          For a second I thought he was going to go on about how the game is spectacular.
                          [and then he would have lost all respect and credibility]