9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2011 12:44 PM by Staind20960 RSS

Weapons Index Server Mismatch???

Hi,
            I was wondering if any of you possibly get this error.  I have been getting this error only since about 3-4 weeks ago and it occurs almost 1-2 times a night.  I am always host, and have a 65/15Mbps connection which is in DMZ.  I placed monitors on my line and there is no fluctuation in my speeds, packet loss or drop out when this error occurs.  Normally this happens in right after Round 2 ends and Round 3 is being brought up.  As soon as Round 2 ends, the screen turns black, I get kicked along with everyone else in the game and this message appears.  Any clues lemme know, thanks.
        • Re: Weapons Index Server Mismatch???
          Staind20960

dedicatedserversplease wrote:

Hi,
                I was wondering if any of you possibly get this error.  I have been getting this error only since about 3-4 weeks ago and it occurs almost 1-2 times a night.  I am always host, and have a 65/15Mbps connection which is in DMZ.  I placed monitors on my line and there is no fluctuation in my speeds, packet loss or drop out when this error occurs.  Normally this happens in right after Round 2 ends and Round 3 is being brought up.  As soon as Round 2 ends, the screen turns black, I get kicked along with everyone else in the game and this message appears.  Any clues lemme know, thanks.

I saw somewhere that Vahn has stated this is a known issue, which I assume means a patch is coming? There was no explanation as to why it started happening however. I have only seen this once myself, but it is annoying.
            I dropped from 8 w/l to 7.05 w/l this week due to over 11 of these errors.  It has become quite frustrating for me.
              I have also gotten this message a few times. I dont what caused it or what it is, hopefully a patch should fix this, but it shouldnt be their in the first place

spankhiccup wrote:

I have also gotten this message a few times. I dont what caused it or what it is, hopefully a patch should fix this, but it shouldnt be their in the first place

I agree.  The worst part is you are penalized for something out of your control.  I understand filling games and taking a loss that way, but if the SERVER is at fault, then nothing should be recorded.
                  Staind20960

spankhiccup wrote:

Just like the gunship glitch, when that happens it sounds like the engine dropped a cylinder, and the pilot is drunk.

Staind20960 wrote:

spankhiccup wrote:

Just like the gunship glitch, when that happens it sounds like the engine dropped a cylinder, and the pilot is drunk.

The gunship error I have never seen due to the fact I barely ever used one.  I play SnD only so I never really select the higher killstreaks and I never use the care package.

spankhiccup wrote:

I agree.  The worst part is you are penalized for something out of your control.  I understand filling games and taking a loss that way, but if the SERVER is at fault, then nothing should be recorded.

Agreed
                        I have never seen the gunship glitch. I use dogs. Nobody can shoot them down
                          Staind20960

Staind20960 wrote:

spankhiccup wrote:

The gunship error I have never seen due to the fact I barely ever used one.  I play SnD only so I never really select the higher killstreaks and I never use the care package.

I saved a gunship care package because the guy died trying to get it and I didnt want the enemy to have it, had I known it wasnt going to work I would have left it there and let them deal with the headache.