34 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2012 1:23 PM by Waffen6 RSS

My back and forth with Activision on hackers

Schnippshly

Schnippshly wrote:

There are hundreds of people cheating on the online multiplayer of Call of Duty: World at War. Any given match is guaranteed to have at least one cheater. They will spam a message in the game (as though they were typing in a PC game), and they will often fly around the level and be unkillable.
      This problem has been going on for months and nobody has done anything about it. When will it be fixed? Someone with the proper authority could log into any match at all, find the cheaters and then know exactly who's cheating.
      It is such an obvious problem that I'm shocked it has been unfixed for this long. Isn't Call of Duty supposed to be a pretty prestigious title? I bought this game and all of the map packs so as you can imagine I would expect some actual customer support.

Christopher Huckins wrote:

Hi,
      Unfortunately, this game was created before most of these hacks existed, so the developers are now catching up and looking into ways around these hacks. There isn't a fix at the moment and we apologize for the inconvenience, but if you keep an eye on the forums at www.callofduty.com, you will be able to see any updates from the developers since they moderate the site.
      We appreciate your patience in the meantime! Thanks for contacting Activision Technical Support and have a great day!

Oh, wow, the hacks came out AFTER the game was released, so I guess Treyarch doesn't have to fix it! Usually hacks come out BEFORE a game is released.

Schnippshly wrote:

In the time these hacks have existed, Black Ops has come out with two map packs, so I'm not convinced that they're working very hard to fix the hack problem in World at War.
      I'm not worried about the hacks being removed, anyway. I'm talking about the fact that there are still hackers using the hacks.
      I've seen on the Xbox.com website that they have banned a tiny handful of cheaters, a small fraction of the cheaters that there are. There are still hundreds of cheaters on all the time. They are constantly sending messages offering to host "infection lobbies" in exchange for money, and other people are asking for the infections outright. The cheaters should be banned, if not from Xbox Live, then the game itself. It would only take one person with the power to ban to log onto the game, see the cheaters and get rid of them. It's ridiculous how many cheaters there are.
      I've been on the official Call of Duty forums and they are worthless. Every post is someone like me complaining about the cheaters. No Call of Duty officials ever look on the forums or acknowledge that there are cheaters.

Clint Blackwood wrote:

Thank you again for contacting us.
      It is something that we are actively looking into, but sadly the resolution will not come quickly enough for the players, and we understand that. We ask that you have patience with us while we work towards a solution.

Wait until they reveal to me that they are not working towards jackshit.

Schnippshly wrote:

The solution is obvious: Ban the cheaters. Get someone to log on and just start banning all of them. The cheaters are so obvious and getting the cheats is deliberate and no accident. This has been going on for months and they remain unbanned. It's absurd. Just ban them.

A question sent to Activision has three statuses- Solved, Updated and Waiting. Waiting is when you get a response from Activision and they wait from a response from you. Updated is when you give the response and are waiting from a response from Activision. Solved is when Activision pretends that they solved your problem. They can switch your question to Solved at any time, as they did with my question shortly after I said the above.

Schnippshly wrote:

I don't appreciate it saying my problem is solved even though there are still cheaters. I paid too much money for this game and it's not nearly old enough for me to accept Activision let cheaters run rampant on it. You know there are cheaters in Call of Duty 4, too, but it's not an epidemic because they can fly up to a certain height and spam messages and not do much else, but World at War is unplayable because the cheaters are invincible.

Thinking they are hilarious, they did it again after I said the above.

Schnippshly wrote:

This is not solved. Stop "solving" it. There is very much a hacker problem and there has been for an incredibly long time. Why haven't you banned the hackers?

Jason Harrell wrote:

Mr. Schnippshly,
      Our system sets incidents to "Solved" if a customer does not update their incident within 96 hours. It does not necessarily mean we have SOLVED everything.
      So by updating your incident, you have now knocked it into the "Updated" status and we can continue correspondence.
      XBox Live moderators can and have suspended users from Xbox Live when a complaint is filed and a review process is done.
      Account suspensions can be found here: http://twe.ly/IWkb So, the correct steps are being taken to keep online gameplay clean and fun for everyone.
      Here's some information on how to file a complaint against a cheater/hacker: http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-live/how-to/chat/terms-of-use-conduct.a spx

Do video game publishers and developers not have to take responsibility for anything? "Xbox will handle it, y'know, when they get around to it."

Schnippshly wrote:

I'm sure that there is an auto-solving 96 hour switch of some kind, but I would see my question's status change from Updated to Solved thirty minutes after I updated it and stay that way, and that happened twice in one day.
      I know there have been a small number of bannings. The number of bans don't compare to the number of people still cheating online. If someone was really banning cheaters, they could join ANY MATCH and find several. I have reported countless cheaters and there are more on every day. This has been going on for months! They are constantly sending messages to all their recent players offering infection lobbies, and people without the hacks send messages to all their recent players asking for infection lobbies.
      When I first saw news that people were being banned (months after the cheating had started), I assumed the cheating problem would be solved that week, but it's still as bad and unavoidable as ever.

Then Activision goes from giving me those brief, uncaring and unrelated responses typical of technical support to some autistic metaphorical bullshit.

Dumbass Jason Harrell wrote:

The thing is Mr. Schnippshly, Activision nor Treyarch monitors every lobby or everyone's gameplay, the spectrum of players is too wide. The things that you are not supposed to do
      in the game are inside the manual and is displayed to every Xbox Live Gold account user. If a cheater is highly determined to cheat...he will do so. With that said, Xbox Live
      moderators CAN, HAVE & will CONTINUE to monitor some games and suspend player's Xbox Live accounts for violating the Code of Conduct.
      It's kind of like when a car owner puts an alarm on their vehicle and the manufacturers of that vehicle put their security measures in place, there is always some criminals
      who know how to get around said "Security". So if they are determined to steal the car or something inside the car...they will get it despite the security measures.
      Activision is aware, Treyarch is aware and Microsoft is doing their part by suspending the players. Unfortunately they cannot catch every single player as they have other
      duties and the ability to "Hot Fix" a security feature in World at War is non-existant. Please continue to report players or only play with friends in your friend's list.
      Have an excellent day!

He ignores that there are more hackers than non-hackers (making it impossible not to find hackers in any given game) and throws some ellipses at me before giving me a retarded comparison of Xbox Live to carjacking.
      He also admits that they can't (or won't) stop the hacking outright because they can't (or won't) "hot fix" it.

Schnippshly wrote:

Wow, Mr. Harrell, you're unbelievable. Yeah, obviously neither Activision nor Treyarch are monitoring anything. If this happened in Black Ops, they would actually have to do something about it because that game is new. But because World at War has been succeeded by two other Call of Duty games, they would rather people just stopped playing World at War so that they could pay for Black Ops.
      I don't care about any stupid car alarm metaphors. Did you even think about it before you decided to spout it to me?
      This "car" is a video game and the "car thieves" can be plainly seen by everyone. If someone wants to steal a car, then yeah, maybe they'll find a way into the car, but if everyone in the parking lot can see them, then maybe security should do something about it, yeah?
      It took Microsoft too long to even start banning people. If anyone actually cared, cheaters would be banned with much higher frequency. Cheaters are extremely obvious. Why do Activision and Treyarch get to be exempt from all responsibility? I paid for this game and I expect support for it, not an abstract car alarm-themed comparison.

Still waiting for this game to not be filled to the brim with endless waves of retard hackers!
      I added the below as an afterthought:

Schnippshly wrote:

Actually I have a better comparison for Call of Duty cheating than that car alarm crap.
      People cheating in Call of Duty is like if half of the people in a theater started talking loudly on their cell phones. They're talking so loudly that the other half who want to watch the movie can't hear it at all. Also the people on their phones are standing up and waving around and spilling pop-corn and soda everywhere.
      The people who want to watch the movie can't do anything about the people on their phones because the people on their phones have magical shields (in real life this is called distance and Internet anonymity).
      Only the theater security has the power to evict these cell phone movie talkers, but security would rather take a nap outside and the manager tells anyone who complains that there are other showings that don't have anyone talking on their cell phones (they have to pay to get in and it isn't the movie they want to see).
      The people who want to watch the movie can't get a refund because the cell phone talkers didn't start talking on their cell phones until an hour into the movie. Now the people who want to watch the movie either have to deal with cell phone talkers (who make watching the movie impossible) or leaving, losing their money and not finishing their movie.
      THAT is what hacking in World at War is like.

Jason Harrell wrote:

After all the wording, there is nothing Activision or Treyarch can do to stop the hacking. It is simply recommended that you either only play with friends in a party
      or not at all due to your dissatisfaction with other online players. If you continue playing, please report the hackers/modders to Microsoft and they will do their part
      in this equation.
      If we truly had the ability to completely stop this from happening, we would not deny you that service. It is simply beyond our control at this point.

After all the WORDING.

Schnippshly wrote:

Wow, play with my three other friends who own World at War, huh? Yeah that sounds really fun, a four-player match of World at War. Why am I even paying for Xbox Live, then?
      No kidding the only other option is "not at all". I paid a lot of money for this game so that I could play it online, not so I could system link with three other people like an idiot. "Not at all" is a crap option. I want to be able to play with 17 other players and not worry about a huge crapload of hackers joining.
      Why aren't Activision or Treyarch responsible for this? Why don't they have to do anything? How about they pressure Microsoft into actually banning more people? If Microsoft was doing its job, there wouldn't be any hackers. They'd all have been long banned by now so that these "infections" couldn't spread around.
      This isn't beyond anyone's control. Treyarch made the game and Activision owns it, and they're running it on Microsoft's game console. These cheaters render the online multiplayer unplayable. It's someone's job to fix this outrageous cheater epidemic and someone isn't doing their job.

• Re: My back and forth with Activision on hackers
          Schnippshly

JayWizzle_1 wrote:

Dude, Why is this important?  Go play another game!

STFU and also GTFO
          Why are you in the World at War forums telling people to play something else
            Schnippshly

Jason Harrell wrote:

Schnippshly,
            Since no one can answer your questions here in this office...as we are only Technical Support. I suggest you post your feelings about how things are not handled properly or
            how you feel Activision/Treyarch should handle the hackers/modders in the official Call of Duty community forums:
            http://community.callofduty.com/community/cod/english/call_of_duty__world_at_war /call_of_duty__world_at_war

Ha, wow. We come full circle. Yeah, nobody but me has ever thought to post to complain about the hackers.

Schnippshly wrote:

Yeah, great idea. You think it didn't occur to me to post on the forums months ago when the hacks were actually new, or that nobody has before me? I and many other people have already posted plenty of topics on the Call of Duty forum complaining about the hackers and everyone is equally being ignored. If Activision or Treyarch actually bothered to read any of the posts, they would be aware of the hacker problem and would have figured out a way to fix it months ago back when people had started complaining about it.

Schnippshly

Schnippshly wrote:

JayWizzle_1 wrote:

Dude, Why is this important?  Go play another game!

STFU and also GTFO
              Why are you in the World at War forums telling people to play something else

Hmmmm wait a minute you wouldn't happen to be Jason "Dumbass Car Alarms" Harrell, would you?
                Schnippshly
                I've investigated enough to know that JayWizzle_1 is Jason Harrell, the idiot tech support guy who thinks Xbox Live = Car Alarms. So now he's on the World at War forums spamming hate on all my posts and telling me to play something else. Black Ops, maybe? Yeah, I totally would if I was a dumbass like #1 Black Ops fan JayWizzle_1.
                  iisammehii
                  Way to go Schnippshly! You keep this up, show them people at Activision/Treyarch what the WaW community demand.

I'm pretty sure that if hackers broke out into Black Ops the problem would be solved immediately.

Every game I go into on WaW I meet a hacker, they're not that hard to spot. I've reported the ones I have seen yet they haven't even been banned! So I guess my efforts are for nothing.
                    iisammehii
                    and by the way, JayWizzle or whatever the f*** your name is. Get your act together.

Some people still completely love this game, obviously something you don't. If you're favourite game was over run by hackers wouldn't you complain about it if the Dev's did absolutely f***ing nothing about it?

You say you are, but it's not helping. I still see and report hackers and it makes no ifference as I check their playercard a couple days later and... no ban.

Crawl back in your hole.
                      Schnippshly
                      Thanks a lot, I definitely get the fairly obvious impression that Activision and Treyarch don't care about us people who still love to play World at War. It's definitely my favorite Call of Duty, and it just blows my mind that there can be such a huge hacker problem for such a long time on the most popular game series in existence and nothing is done about it.
                      They would definitely fix Black Ops if it had problems, even Modern Warfare 2, because they're "new" and they're the games they want everyone to play. One of my dumb friends immediately bought Black Ops and all of the map packs once he knew the hackers weren't going away. Way to reward Treyarch for its laziness!
                      Unfortunately there's really nothing these tech support guys can do about it. That's the problem with the game industry. If you want to contact a company, you can only get a hold of tech support, so the company really doesn't have to take responsibility for anything.
                        Schnippshly
                        I'm posting this for posterity even though, as is typical with tech support, nothing happened.

Nathan Tyree wrote:

Hi,
                        We are very much aware of the issue at this time and the hacks are being looked into.
                        However, at this particular moment, there is nothing that we can have you do to fix the problem.
                        I have your complaint written down with us and we would be happy to use this incident for future reference.
                        Any updates to this issue may be posted on the World at War official website at http://www.callofduty.com/codww.
                        Thanks!

At least it wasn't Jason "Car Alarms" Harrell!

Schnippshly wrote:

Well there's definitely nothing I can do about it, my idiot friend bought Black Ops and all of the map packs immediately after he realized World at War hackers weren't going away, rewarding Activision for their laziness and awful support.

Yeah I already said that here but I think it beared repeating.
                          KAZMAC77
                          I admire your tenacity and also share your frustration with this problem. When this game first came out I couldn't really get into it for various reasons (mostly because I didn't really like world war 2 shooters and that I was so into call of duty 4, which was a tough act for any game to follow). Anyway, I recently purchased world at war again + all of the map packs after getting bored of black ops and I am really enjoying it... When I can actually get into a room without all these hackers ruining it for everybody. In all my years on xbox live I've never seen such blatant and widespread hacking being allowed to go on unpunished. I'm doing my part and reporting every one of them by filing complaints but I feel this is pretty much a waste of time. As you've previously said it wouldn't exactly be hard to spot the hackers in these lobbies if they actually even tried.

Considering all the stuff Treyarch have said about actively policing black ops and how many patches they have released for it, it seems obvious that they and Activison don't care about the community of world at war as they already have our money...., I could say a hell of a lot more but what's the point?

To think people used to complain about EA being the scourge of the gaming industry, they are saints compared to Activision. Wonder how long it will take this post to get removed?
                            Schnippshly
                            More bullshit.

Nathan Tyree wrote:

Hi,
                            Thank you for your feedback and appreciation!
                            If you have any issues or questions in the future, please feel free to contact us again for assistance.
                            Thanks!

Yeah I am so appreciative of Activision right now.

Schnippshly wrote:

I am explicitly not appreciating Activision's conduct. You know they still charge $29.99 for the direct download of World at War? And they charge $10 for each map pack. For this game that's broken and, as you, the Tech Support has said, CAN'T BE FIXED. How is that legal?
                            If Activision is really acknowledging that the game is broken and they can't (or won't) fix it, then why do they still charge full price for the game and all of its DLC?

I think they keep banning me from posting on the forum, but only by IP, because when I go to post it logs me out and asks me to log in but then it won't let me log in.
                            That's nice that they're too big of ******* to openly ban me. They're willing to ban me in secret so nobody knows that they actually are reading our posts about how pissed we are. If they don't have to admit that they're aware, then they don't have to fix the problem, right?
                              Schnippshly
                              Thanks KAZMAC77, this is definitely some outrageous bullshit. Like I said in my above post, I think they keep secretly banning my IP so they don't have to let people know that they know that there's a problem. They just pretend that there isn't a problem so they don't have to fix it and everyone will buy Black Ops and Activision will be richer than ever.
                                Armor Of Purity

Schnippshly wrote:

Thanks KAZMAC77, this is definitely some outrageous bullshit. Like I said in my above post, I think they keep secretly banning my IP so they don't have to let people know that they know that there's a problem. They just pretend that there isn't a problem so they don't have to fix it and everyone will buy Black Ops and Activision will be richer than ever.

The game is a "dead" game. It happens once a game has passed it's prime. They aren't really going to funnel time and money into a game that won't collect a significant amount of economy.

It'd be silly to. I understand that they have made millions off these games I actually think a billion or so and I know it can be frustrating but then don't play the game.

People are people and its not going to change just for a minority of people who continue to play it.

If it can't be fixed then hell, it just can't be without altering the game which might make it worse.

What they are doing is completely legal, when there is a law against selling a product that comes non hacked then get a lawyer and go to town, though it might upset people and might be morally wrong, well I can't see a video game being morally wrong but whatever.

Just let it go. Or buy the hardened or prestige black ops, and PAY MORE MONEY.

Yeah it sucks major ass but when you produce the most played games you call the shots.

Oh and to be off topic, to put a vid game in perspective, the health care industry is a he'll of a lot more MORALLY WRONG than this could ever be. Like setting people into debt, overpricing expired medicine to third world countries all that good stuff.

Yeah just leave the Poor guy alone. He prob doesn't read the statements you send in, he knows the rage that's coming. So the only person you are affecting is yourself.

I'm not trying to be a **** or a mentor or anything just saying what's best.

If the only thing you read is this then look at the truth, Its not Activision's fault for what is happening, it's the ******* gamers who hack the game and ruin it for everyone else.

You should/ would have better luck changing the people than being an ant in comparison to a corporation. all your going to do is just piss yourself off that's really it.
                                  MadeinNam

Armor Of Purity wrote:

Schnippshly wrote:

The game is a "dead" game. It happens once a game has passed it's prime. They aren't really going to funnel time and money into a game that won't collect a significant amount of economy.

It'd be silly to. I understand that they have made millions off these games I actually think a billion or so and I know it can be frustrating but then don't play the game.

People are people and its not going to change just for a minority of people who continue to play it.

If it can't be fixed then hell, it just can't be without altering the game which might make it worse.

What they are doing is completely legal, when there is a law against selling a product that comes non hacked then get a lawyer and go to town, though it might upset people and might be morally wrong, well I can't see a video game being morally wrong but whatever.

Just let it go. Or buy the hardened or prestige black ops, and PAY MORE MONEY.

Yeah it sucks major ass but when you produce the most played games you call the shots.

Oh and to be off topic, to put a vid game in perspective, the health care industry is a he'll of a lot more MORALLY WRONG than this could ever be. Like setting people into debt, overpricing expired medicine to third world countries all that good stuff.

Yeah just leave the Poor guy alone. He prob doesn't read the statements you send in, he knows the rage that's coming. So the only person you are affecting is yourself.

If the only thing you read is this then look at the truth, Its not Activision's fault for what is happening, it's the ******* gamers who hack the game and ruin it for everyone else.

You should/ would have better luck changing the people than being an ant in comparison to a corporation. all your going to do is just piss yourself off that's really it.

I haven't been to the WaW forums in a while but I came today and read this entire thread.  First off, Schnippshly, those emails (or whatever they were) were hilarious!  But honestly I'm sure Activision or at least the Activision tech support is well aware of this issue.  What can they really do honestly but give lip service?
                                    And since it came straight from Activision, what if this game really is beyond fixing?  Don't you think if this issue with hackers could of been fixed, that Treyarch would've have done it immediately?  I don't doubt that if this happened to Blacks Ops that Treyarch would squash it in less then a week.  But I guess we'll just have to wait until MW4 comes out and Black Ops is hacked to death like WaW...
                                    I've honestly given up on COD after this whole hacker thing.  I'm getting tired of it.  Activision is just gonna whore it out until it's as dry as a bone.  I'm going to take my money elsewhere to games (and developers for that matter) who will continue to support "old games".  COD is getting to be too lucrative.  Everything is a cash grab for Activision ever since $15 map packs for MW2.  But I just logged on to say way to stick it to them!  if you really want to stick it to them, then just don't support COD or Activsion anymore.  Personally I blame Treyarch more but who knows whose to really blame (besides the hackers).

P.S - that car metaphor was.... unnecessary to put it lightly.  "IT'S LIVE'S RESPONSIBILITY" ...what bs
                                    ra5kell
                                    Good topic keep it up.
                                    Everyone should do this and they might just get sick enough of all the reply's to actually try and fix this broken piece of $hit.
                                    What is the e-mail you contact to complain like this?
                                    Im gona spam it to death like my HUD on w@w gets spammed everyday with stupid messages from no skill nOObs who have to mod to win a game :@ :@
                                      Schnippshly

Armor Of Purity wrote:

The game is a "dead" game

Let me stop you right there since that's just the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You think World at War is "dead"? World at War is three years old. Thousands of people try to play it every day. How is that "dead"? People still played Halo 2 until Microsoft finally shut down all the original Xbox servers.

Armor Of Purity wrote:

but then don't play the game.

Too late for that! I already bought it three years ago back when it was new, and guess what: I liked it! Because it was hacker-free!

Armor Of Purity wrote:

Please explain to me how making a game hacker-proof would make it worse. Then explain to me how what's going on right now- that is, the multiplayer being completely unplayable- isn't as bad as possible.

Armor Of Purity wrote:

I can't see a video game being morally wrong but whatever.

Obviously the company that sells it would be morally wrong. A gun isn't morally wrong but someone who kills with it is morally wrong. Or in this case, the person who sells the gun knows it's rigged to explode in the shooter's hand when it's fired but he sells it full price anyway.
                                      Inanimate objects can't be morally wrong but the people around them can be.

Armor Of Purity wrote:

Just let it go. Or buy the hardened or prestige black ops, and PAY MORE MONEY. Yeah it sucks major ass but when you produce the most played games you call the shots.

Are you suggesting I am stupid enough to buy Black Ops?
                                      Way to bend over and take it from Activision. "Well Activision doesn't want to to anything and they charge $60 for their shitty yearly expansion packs so we'll just let them."

Armor Of Purity wrote:

Wow, you know what's worse than the health care industry? The Holocaust. Man let's talk about the injustices of that.
                                      Just kidding. The health care industry has nothing to do with Activision so stop talking about it.

Armor Of Purity wrote:

Haha what??? Are you talking about that idiot Jason Harrell who came in here as JayWizzle and started spamming all my **** like a true Activision tech support professional?

Armor Of Purity wrote:

No you are siding with Activision because you like to play Black Ops.

Armor Of Purity wrote:

You can't stop stupid twelve year olds from being stupid twelve year olds. I don't care. I can't go to their houses and beat them up. It's up to Activision alone to fix this and they won't. In fact I would say it's more likely that Activision itself made the hacks just so people would stop playing the better, older Call of Duty games and buy new Call of Duty games.

Armor Of Purity wrote:

Wow, you must have balls of steel! "Activision is big and scary Let's go home." Way to stick it to the man.
                                        Schnippshly

MadeinNam wrote:

And since it came straight from Activision, what if this game really is beyond fixing?  Don't you think if this issue with hackers could of been fixed, that Treyarch would've have done it immediately?

I'd like to think I was kidding but I honestly think it's more likely Activision made the hacks themselves, to get people off the old games and onto the new ones (Call of Duty 4 was also hacked, though less severely).

MadeinNam wrote:

I don't doubt that if this happened to Blacks Ops that Treyarch would squash it in less then a week.  But I guess we'll just have to wait until MW4 comes out and Black Ops is hacked to death like WaW...

I don't think anyone would learn a lesson about trusting Activision with their money until the two latest Call of Duty games got hacked.

MadeinNam wrote:

I've honestly given up on COD after this whole hacker thing.  I'm getting tired of it.  Activision is just gonna whore it out until it's as dry as a bone.  I'm going to take my money elsewhere to games (and developers for that matter) who will continue to support "old games".  COD is getting to be too lucrative.  Everything is a cash grab for Activision ever since $15 map packs for MW2.  But I just logged on to say way to stick it to them!  if you really want to stick it to them, then just don't support COD or Activsion anymore.  Personally I blame Treyarch more but who knows whose to really blame (besides the hackers).

Call of Duty 4 has also been hacked, but because the hackers can only fly up to a certain height and then drop down, rather than getting noclip or god mode, it doesn't break the game. The spammy messages are still annoying as hell though.
                                        As for not giving Activision any more money, definitely! Though I'd given up on Call of Duty by the time Call of Duty 2 came out and everyone was wildly impressed even though it was just Call of Duty 1 with better graphics and now on the XBOX 360.
                                        I still liked Call of Duty 4 and World at War but they definitely went overboard with Modern Warfare 2. Instead of fixing old problems, they pile on new features so that more stuff can be broken and unfair. Then they charged $15 for the map packs, inexplicably raising the price on what is already a pretty stupid concept. I never thought that I'd be paying for maps after a lifetime of playing PC games.
                                          Schnippshly

ra5kell wrote:

Good topic keep it up.
                                          Everyone should do this and they might just get sick enough of all the reply's to actually try and fix this broken piece of $hit.
                                          Im gona spam it to death like my HUD on w@w gets spammed everyday with stupid messages from no skill nOObs who have to mod to win a game :@ :@

I just go to Activision's official tech support section and select Xbox 360 for the system and Call of Duty: World at War as the game. Too bad the games the tech support idiots play aren't broken so they can have a taste of what it's like to have one of their favorite games completely ruined and unplayable. Since the don't give a **** about World at War, they don't give a **** about our problems.
                                            joe the sot

Schnippshly wrote:

ra5kell wrote:

Good topic keep it up.

I just go to Activision's official tech support section and select Xbox 360 for the system and Call of Duty: World at War as the game. Too bad the games the tech support idiots play aren't broken so they can have a taste of what it's like to have one of their favorite games completely ruined and unplayable. Since the don't give a **** about World at War, they don't give a **** about our problems.

i am on ps3 not xbox but i have yet to disagree with anything you have written.  my natural synicism (sp) tells me you are wasting your time and energy but my 'dunkirk' spirit says so what keep going.  i love this game and it has been systematically put to the sword by idiots (particularly my favourite HCS&D) but i like you sense that at the very least there is tacit acceptance of this by a company wishing to pimp their new wares.  have 5* to get you off one
                                              Schnippshly

joe the sot wrote:

i am on ps3 not xbox but i have yet to disagree with anything you have written.  my natural synicism (sp) tells me you are wasting your time and energy but my 'dunkirk' spirit says so what keep going.

Yeah I am definitely wasting my time in regards to World at War, but I like for us to all get together and appreciate how bad Activision is as a company so we don't keep buying their garbage.
                                                seizuresaurus
                                                It is evident we aren't going to get any support from tryarch or infinity ward, so its up to us to clean up call of duty.
                                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RGmGmFU0Yo
                                                  iisammehii
                                                  I asked why activision tells us to keep repoting players but nothing is done about them.
                                                  This is what I got:

Response (Johnathan Escobedo) - 07/29/2011 01:08 AM
                                                  Hello,

As stated previously, once you report the issue to Microsoft it is up to them to determine how to proceed.

We do not own the Xbox 360 nor do we own the Xbox Live service. There is no anti-cheat software or any way for the Xbox Live service to detect modified Xbox 360 consoles and as a result players with modified Xbox 360s are able to hack whatever game they please.

Every game with some online component is vulnerable to hacking, this is not exclusive to Call of Duty.

Thank you, Activision Customer Support.
                                                    Man I wish a competent publisher/developer would come and kick Activison's ass. Honestly what the ****. They can pay some moron to try and shut up complainers through stupid emails but not pay one person to go online and start ******* up the ****** cheaters?
                                                      TrizzleJizzle
                                                      Although your approach was right, your angle was wrong. First, activision is the distributor, not the developer. Second, you should have concentrated on the issues of the game still being for sale on the XBOXLIVE market place and in local stores, yet support has discontinued. Also, the maps are available as well. You should have requested some compensation as well since you just bought the game and the addons. Banning cheaters will not resolve the issue, patching the game will. That is where you should have concentrated your energy as activision has no control over banning XBOXlive handles, Microsoft does.

Although your conversation went all over the place, since I know that you are getting responses from the distributors this gives me the opportunity to approach them myself. I applaud your effort. Good job overall.
                                                        RaGe clan MW2
                                                        I sold my W@W and got a different game because its a broken game
                                                          Schnippshly

TrizzleJizzle wrote:

Although your approach was right, your angle was wrong. First, activision is the distributor, not the developer.

Activision calls the shots on whether or not they pay someone to fix it. Thanks for the support, though. I'm glad to see World at War has finally been patched (after half a year).

Wow, reigniting this thread.  I used to love WaW too.  It was the best.  I am ashamed to say that I bought MW3 and found it to be hacked FROM DAY ONE.  The real answer the tech support people should have given was:

Hackers Pay $ too and we like money.  Far from having an incentive to ban hackers, we have an incentive to keep them.  So go kucf yourself community, we are going to keep releasing expansion packs of MW1 at $60 a pop that have been rendered unplayable since the beta!  We don't care, we still get paid!

P.S. gocukf yourselves!

I can't believe I was so naive as to think that they had fixed the hacking problem in September. If only I'd known that the hacking problem would still be going even today. It's incredible.

If you're wondering why I'm posting on a different account, it's because they silently banned my other account. Silently meaning they give no indication that I'm banned at all. I can log in and look around and everything seems normal, but I can't post anywhere. See, rather than just tell me that I'm banned, which would require even the tiniest amount of balls, they'd rather secretly ban me so that they don't have to acknowledge that they even looked at this thread.

If you'll notice, Activision and Treyarch have never actually acknowledged the existence of the hackers or any attempt to fix the problem, on account of how they are shitty companies.

Way to go Schnippshly, I applaud your efforts!!! I only wish like yourself that Activision/Treyarch/Infinity Ward/Xbox live actually cared about their customers enough to stop this garbage from happening. I agree %100 that they should log into any match at any given time, see who is cheating (as it is oh so more than obvious) and immediately ban that player, and not the BS one or two day bans either, but real bans that would leave some kind of lasting impression on the player/cheater. But in the end I believe it comes down to the almighty dollar, they believe that if they ban those players, that there will be far fewer people to buy the new games and DLC. But I believe that they will buy them whether they can cheat or not, they only cheat now because they can, and because there are no real consequences for it. Anyway again I admire your tenacity, too many of us just give in and accept things that are really not acceptable at all because it is the easier thing to do.

read the entire post... I just uninstalled the game after being a huge fan for years... I will not accept their attitude one bit further - really a shame, but hope other developers read this forum to learn what the consumers want - and respond to it.. they have my vote and essentially also my money.

Well, I was in 3 clans for World of War and 2 clans on Modern. Played Black Ops to give it a try and didn't like the game except for the Zombies. Most of my clan mates felt the same way about Black Ops. Out of over 400+++  members in 3 clans for WoW most left after complaints amounted to nothing by Activision. I went back to Halo and Battlefield2 & 3. Funny that EA and 343-Bungie can fix there problems. I can still play Halo Reach, Halo3, Battlefield 2-3. As much money as Activision pulls in from Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, World of Warcraft, Starcraft, and numerous other games you would think customer service would be there first priority. Especially considering you have other companies out there. I enjoyed WoW and the company should have fixed the hacks right away. I believe a game should be playable for at least 5 years. Plus you had a fan base for the World War 2 theme, Cold War, and Modern. everyone I talk with about CallofDuty I get them to play Halo or Battlefield. Once Activision stops on the greed and actually puts the player first, starting with WoW then I will come back. There are other hobbies out there like airsoft and scuba diving over this if u can't fix it. Activision publishes games from there sub companies and these companies can and should fix these hacks that turn off the older players while the kids are the only ones that enjoy it. Kids don't have money like the older players. I would have been willing to have purchased more future map packs of WoW had the game been playable. It's funny how all the hacks started right when Black Ops came out, almost as if Activision was trying to get WoW players over to there new game. Businesses come and go, and good companies listen to there customers. Big companies also fall and losing in court to the developers of WoW and losing $$$$ was just a start of what's to come. You should start using Six Sigma business standards and actual put someone with a MBA in charge over a programer that rose thru the ranks. From the voice of a past loyal customer that has went to better quality companies (343 & EA).

Well, I was in 3 clans for World of War and 2 clans on Modern. Played Black Ops to give it a try and didn't like the game except for the Zombies. Most of my clan mates felt the same way about Black Ops. Out of over 400+++  members in 3 clans for WoW most left after complaints amounted to nothing by Activision. I went back to Halo and Battlefield2 & 3. Funny that EA and 343-Bungie can fix there problems. I can still play Halo Reach, Halo3, Battlefield 2-3. As much money as Activision pulls in from Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, World of Warcraft, Starcraft, and numerous other games you would think customer service would be there first priority. Especially considering you have other companies out there. I enjoyed WoW and the company should have fixed the hacks right away. I believe a game should be playable for at least 5 years. Plus you had a fan base for the World War 2 theme, Cold War, and Modern. everyone I talk with about CallofDuty I get them to play Halo or Battlefield. Once Activision stops on the greed and actually puts the player first, starting with WoW then I will come back. There are other hobbies out there like airsoft and scuba diving over this if u can't fix it. Activision publishes games from there sub companies and these companies can and should fix these hacks that turn off the older players while the kids are the only ones that enjoy it. Kids don't have money like the older players. I would have been willing to have purchased more future map packs of WoW had the game been playable. It's funny how all the hacks started right when Black Ops came out, almost as if Activision was trying to get WoW players over to there new game. Businesses come and go, and good companies listen to there customers. Big companies also fall and losing in court to the developers of WoW and losing $$$$ was just a start of what's to come. You should start using Six Sigma business standards and actual put someone with a MBA in charge over a programer that rose thru the ranks. From the voice of a past loyal customer that has went to better quality companies (343 & EA).

Activivision is also losing fans to World of Warcraft---why, because they don't have any customer service or support for there fans. The company could be a really good company but they put profit over quality. Wish a Japanese company would take them over. Japanese are all about quality.