27 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2011 10:47 AM by urbanevirtuoso RSS

I'm rather surprised...

... that there's no complaints on the Counter Spy Plane.

Unlike it's cheaper cousin, there's little to no counter for CSPs, other than anti air - the regular Spy Plane on the other hand has several. Furthermore, the CSP also negates the arguably best killstreak in BO - the Blackbird. In fact, what makes this killstreak even better is how it sends enemies in a panic; they'd lose orientation for a valuable 30 seconds. Where would they find you, or their teammates rather? How would their Motion Sensors work? They wouldn't even be able to distinguish the gunfire.

That said, the CSP literally grants your team with suppressors and a general mind-f**ck. Hell, I've seen enemies scrambling to take these out. I don't blame them, but they'd usually get gunned down in their effort - or at the most waste their time with it, which stalls their goal to win. From my end, the best combo is having Hardline with these two planes, and Care Packages for good measure since the Pro perk justifies it.

Oh well, who am I to speak logic?
        • Re: I'm rather surprised...
          Its not used enough to justify complaints. Many people would rather run ghost to avoid spy planes so they can have their killstreaks.
            People could do that, but there's way more to this killstreak than blowing off Spy Planes.

UrbaneVirtuoso wrote:

Unlike it's cheaper cousin, there's little to no counter for CSPs, other than anti air - the regular Spy Plane on the other hand has several. Furthermore, the CSP also negates the arguably best killstreak in BO - the Blackbird. In fact, what makes this killstreak even better is how it sends enemies in a panic; they'd lose orientation for a valuable 30 seconds. Where would they find you, or their teammates rather? How would their Motion Sensors work? They wouldn't even be able to distinguish the gunfire.

That said, the CSP literally grants your team with suppressors and a general mind-f**ck. Hell, I've seen enemies scrambling to take these out. I don't blame them, but they'd usually get gunned down in their effort - or at the most waste their time with it, which stalls their goal to win. From my end, the best combo is having Hardline with these two planes, and Care Packages for good measure since the Pro perk justifies it.

Not gonna lie, the way you described it I'm gonna start using CSP now.
                It is a very good perk but rarely used. I think that is because people only want to use one killstreak spot for thing that don't actually kill. I personally either use spy plane, care package, blackbird or spy plane, counter spy plane, care package depending on how I'm playing.
                  I almost always run it to fend off the sr71 I use decoys for the same reason. Throw one every five seconds or so just to put more red arrows out there.
                    I've been using CSP for a while now, it's a sacrifice I choose to help the team win. I think it's working!
                      I almost always use CSP. I use lethal killstreaks to mess around, but I almost always use "Team friendly" killstreaks (SP, CSP, BB).

Belmonkey wrote:

I almost always use CSP. I use lethal killstreaks to mess around, but I almost always use "Team friendly" killstreaks (SP, CSP, BB).

I like to have at least one offensive KS in my favor... I use CSP, Chopper, BB

UrbaneVirtuoso wrote:

becuase it's effects are negilible; all it does is cover your radar in static. the spy plane reveals all enemy positions on your map. It's properties are so powerful it has a perk to counter it.
                          besides, why use a counter SP when you can use a SAM turret?

Godzilla77 wrote:

besides, why use a counter SP when you can use a SAM turret?[/color][/b]

SAM turret requires an extra kill, and the time it takes to get the air drop is too risky, and takes you out of play. And it's easily knifed or hacked.
                            CSP affects all enemy's mini maps, causing mayhem!

jbghah123 wrote:

Godzilla77 wrote:

SAM turret requires an extra kill, and the time it takes to get the air drop is too risky, and takes you out of play. And it's easily knifed or hacked.

ummm no its 4 kills just like CSP and it easily takes out air support out of the air before it even get going, assuming you place it correctly. sounds too good to be true if you ask me(yet its not  )

Godzilla77 wrote:

jbghah123 wrote:

Godzilla77 wrote:

ummm no its 4 kills just like CSP and it easily takes out air support out of the air before it even get going, assuming you place it correctly. sounds too good to be true if you ask me(yet its not  )

OOOps! you're right..for some reason I was thinking CSP was three!!
                                But they both have very good benefits.. SAM will take down a Chopper.

jbghah123 wrote:

Godzilla77 wrote:

jbghah123 wrote:

OOOps! you're right..for some reason I was thinking CSP was three!!
                                  But they both have very good benefits.. SAM will take down a Chopper.

yes you are right they are both very good!
                                    Counter-Spy Planes are certainly underrated.. That's why i always use them  .
                                    Spy Plabe / Counter-Spy Plane / Blackbird ftw!
                                      If only we had more guys running this killstreak; it sure paved way for hate mail for me - namely from red dot chasers who don't bother with anti air.
                                        schmambuman

UrbaneVirtuoso wrote:

If only we had more guys running this killstreak; it sure paved way for hate mail for me - namely from red dot chasers who don't bother with anti air.

Lol lets do another one of those matches where we take an entire team, like we did with the uzi/RPK, and only use CSPs...

Oh yeah, and strelas too. With hardline. Pro.
                                          I wouldn't mind, just so long as we stray from those God awful Uzi's.
                                            schmambuman

UrbaneVirtuoso wrote:

I wouldn't mind, just so long as we stray from those God awful Uzi's.

Lol don't even complain...

I was using the RPK. You guys at least had the option of choosing. I would prefer the uzi 100 times over the RPK.
                                              djacks400
                                              I usually always have SAM equipped instead of CSP. They do tend to get hacked or destroyed easily, especially when spawn flips happen, but get lots of XP off of them. A thought just occurred to me that maybe I'll start putting down a claymore with my SAM. Still might not save or blow up my SAM, but will possibly kill the person trying to take out my SAM?
                                                I'll start using it. Counter Spyplane does indeed make things hard, but I'm anti-air. There's never a match where I don't take out that hard earned Chopper Gunner before it wreaks havoc. Chopper gunner is unrelated, but now I'm inspired to reuse CUAV
                                                  ThisIsBedlam
                                                  Spy Plane, Counter Spy Plane, and Blackbird are far and away the best three killstreaks used in conjunction. A friend and I use them, and the game is over at the first Blackbird. I'm sure you've all played the game where the enemy team has a CSP up a lot of the time- it truly is devastating, and to have a Blackbird on top of that, it makes it pretty much impossible to win. Not to mention all three help the whole team, so its an easy win.

Godzilla77 wrote:

UrbaneVirtuoso wrote:

becuase it's effects are negilible; all it does is cover your radar in static. the spy plane reveals all enemy positions on your map. It's properties are so powerful it has a perk to counter it.

Black Bird/ambush. It's like giving your entire team a silencer. You go into an area and clear people out. They won't know what hit them.
                                                      I think nobody complains about CSP because it is often under-used. Every few games i'll maybe get hit with a single CSP.
                                                      The only problem I have with it is that it overpowers Blackbirds. It sucks when you get up to an 8 killstreak and it's beat down by a 4 killstreak.

Jackel. wrote:

Godzilla77 wrote:

UrbaneVirtuoso wrote:

Black Bird/ambush. It's like giving your entire team a silencer. You go into an area and clear people out. They won't know what hit them.

problem is, it's not that easy. people prepare for it or shoot it down. Heck, my SAM turret can shoot it down! 
                                                          vims1990
                                                          I love the counter-spy plane...it mind-fuc** the enemy team. 
                                                            Drunken Walrus
                                                            i always run 3,4,8 (SP, CSP, Blackbird)

team player ftw
                                                              The real thing that CSPs have over SAMs is how absolutely rare the latter is - let alone people actually bothering to shoot down spy planes in general.