43 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2011 3:34 PM by operator-1 RSS

HotelCharlie Company - a HardCore Community Initiative

Greetings fellow Call of Duty gamers, community members, & HardCore players.

This is an open rally call for an ongoing mission to help positively promote the HardCore audience.

http://www.HotelCharlieCompany.com

HotelCharlie Company is a community-driven fellowship of Call of Duty gamers who prefer multi-player game types with HardCore (HC) settings.

Our mission is to help shape the HardCore gaming experience through positive & proactive representation of our HardCore community.

We aim to show video game publishers & developers that the HardCore community is a valuable segment of their audience & to encourage the continued expansion & refinement of their HardCore offerings.

We also aim to enjoy a better online gaming experience by teaming up for matches with other community members who share our passion for HC gaming & our positive values of fair play, teamwork, community, & fun.

"We seek unity, not through imposed control, but through harmonious initiative..."
      - Warfighting: The U. S. Marine Corps Book of Strategy

• • •

What are the requirements to join?

HCC members are expected to uphold our Code of Conduct - the gist is simple:

1. Be a friendly, team-oriented, & community-minded HC gamer with good sportsmanship.

2. Uphold the positive values of HotelCharlie Company in your interactions with others to help maintain our community's respectable reputation.

3. Get involved & contribute constructively.

• • •

What's in it for me?

Recognition, perks, camaraderie, & the chance to make a positive impact on HC gaming.

• Content you contribute will be showcased & freely shared with the community, & all community-submitted HCC content is attributed to content creators.

• New members get a welcome shout out on the @HotelCharlieCo Twitter feed.

• Online content (videos, pod casts, pictures, etc.) that positively promotes/represents HotelCharlie Company gets a shout out on the @HotelCharlieCo Twitter feed.

• Members who respectably represent our community receive invitations to in-game meet-ups/matches with other HotelCharlie Company members.

• Vote in HCC polls/surveys.

• Contributors who consistently uphold the values of HotelCharlie Company can earn access to create posts/threads in our dedicated discussion groups.

• • •

Do I need wicked HC gaming skills to join?

No. HCC is not a skill-based or competitive "league" or "clan."

Players of all skill-levels are welcome & all members must be happy to play alongside teammates of varying skill.

HotelCharlie Company is for those who care more about teamwork & community than about preserving personal stats (K/D, W/L, etc.).

• • •

How do I join?

Simple - get involved.

While clicking a "like" or "subscribe" or "follow" button is a great way to show support, we encourage active involvement & participation from HCC community members.

Everyone can contribute something & every contribution matters!

A few ways members might choose to contribute include:

• Can you contribute constructive & relevant input to online discussions on various websites?

• Would you like to write an article about HC gaming for our website?

• Can you join online matches with other HCC members & play with good sportsmanship?

• Would you like to show off your graphic design skills by creating some HCC graphics (logos, banners, backgrounds, etc.) for the community?

• Can you make quality high-def YouTube videos for HCC?

• Can we count on your participation for community polls/surveys about HC gaming?

• Can you help spread the word & inspire others to get involved?

...Etc....

Participating community members who follow the HotelCharlie Company Code of Conduct are encouraged to use "HCC" as their in-game clan tag.

• • •

Count me in!

If you'd like to be recognized as a HotelCharlie Company member, simply:

1. Commit to upholding our Code of Conduct & represent our community respectably.

2. Provide your online gaming alias of choice (Xbox Live GamerTag, PSN handle, or Twitter name, etc.) along with what platform(s) you primarily game on (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, Wii, etc.).

3. Get involved & contribute constructively.

Thank you.

• Re: HotelCharlieCompany.com - for the HardCore Community
          Nicely done. I wish you tons of luck!
            Might I suggest that you guys join forces with MHCGM, who are getting pretty well known and have much of the same goals as you!
              I and the moderators are taking a positive approach to grassroots movements and groups. We can always use more educated and rational members and having those members centered around threads for change are fine. We didn't stop MHCGM, and we won't stop this one. Also, don't let the pride of a group get in the way. Creating a unified front is more important that egos and names.

II F0XH0UND II wrote:

I and the moderators are taking a positive approach to grassroots movements and groups. We can always use more educated and rational members and having those members centered around threads for change are fine. We didn't stop MHCGM, and we won't stop this one. Also, don't let the pride of a group get in the way. Creating a unified front is more important that egos and names.

So with that rationale, we can advertise our site?

It doesn't get more grass roots than that.

splittinwigs wrote:

II F0XH0UND II wrote:

So with that rationale, we can advertise our site?

It doesn't get more grass roots than that.

All questions can be forwarded to me via DM or my e-mail. Let's not derail this thread.
                    (In accordance with this forum's Code of Conduct, neither this post nor the website it links to are "advertising or soliciting other members to buy, sell, or view any products or services," nor is it any attempt at "clan recruiting.")
                      greencoffin72
                      In all seriousness, glad to see there can be double-teaming.  You and yours from that side, and MCHGM from the other.

Everyone likes a MOAR HARDCORE sammie, don't they!?
                      • Re: HotelCharlieCompany - a HardCore Community Initiative
                        newm8n
                        count me in.  i played in  some of your private lobbys which were a ton of fun.
                          maccabi
                          props for having the foresight to make an acronym that fitted into a 4 character clan tag 
                            Quick update - the Call of Duty Elite Group for HotelCharlieCompany is: #HotelCharlie

We also have our first entry from a community member for an HCC Twitter icon/logo! Thanks Colin! If community members would like, I may showcase community content submissions in a publicly-accessible online image/photo album & let the community decide which entries HCC will use by taking an online poll/vote.

newm8n
                              hey operator if your on tonight hit me up
                                This is a fantastic idea. Hardcore doesn't have a ton of acknowledgement and the fact that there are people who, like myself, love hardcore game modes across all COD games and are taking the initiative to broaden the public's views and options by creating groups/websites/etc. to introduce gamers new and old to a mode that they may have skipped over because of one reason or another. Kudos to you, Operator. I have officially signed up as an official fanboy! Thanks again for bringing the hardcore community together and not hindering it's growth.
                                  Now that the HardCore playlists have been restored to what they were a few months ago, I've learned that even though I like HC Dom & HC Demo, I'm not willing to sacrifice playlists dedicated to HC CTF & HC HQ in order to get a mix of other modes.

After experiencing the loss of playlists dedicated to specific game-types (& the community backlash that came with it), I vote against any future sacrificing of dedicated playlists for mosh pits.

Personally, I feel if sacrificing playlists must be done to expand the HC offering in Black Ops, then HC FFA & HC TDM should be the first to go - not because these game-types don't deserve their own playlists (they do), but only because they are not objective-based & they usually require less teamwork than other game-types. To me, HardCore is more about solid teamwork, and objective-based game-types typically reward teamwork better than FFA & TDM. Given that friendly-fire is such a key aspect of HardCore, I don't think HardCore is the place for lone-wolf game-play.

If the community would like to vote, I'll be happy to setup a public poll & post/share the results of the poll.

cy7s
                                    i agree with parts of your statement, and i have joined your group on elite, hopefully hc ctf will be kept as a stand alone playlist
                                      I may have joined yours Operator; but as you know my posting style can be a bit hard for some to take and so can be my playing style. So I will stay out, and wish you and your group well. And hope things go well for you and those that join your intiative and its push for a more equal and balanced hc game mode. You did always seem to make more sense to me at times then some of the others.

Good job on the site, keep it up and keep moving foward.

And as long as group names and ego's and pride stay ouf it like the Mod mentioned.. I think you will do well.
                                        I joined the group on elite, Hopefully i get to play a few matches with you guys... This is a great way for me to get back into hardcore mode again.
                                          powerfultoothpaste
                                          Your font... It's.. It's.. not green.. How long have I been gone??? Anyway, followed you guys on twitter, and trying to get my elite invitation to let me accept the ToS. I enjoy community driven groups and look forward to anyway I can jump in.

powerfultoothpaste wrote:

Your font... It's.. It's.. not green.. How long have I been gone??? Anyway, followed you guys on twitter, and trying to get my elite invitation to let me accept the ToS. I enjoy community driven groups and look forward to anyway I can jump in.

(I decided I would type in orange here when I'm speaking on behalf of or representing Hotel Charlie Company, and stick with my usual green elsewhere.)

Thanks for getting involved & for positively promoting & supporting the HardCore community.

Personally, I think HardCore is the coming (r)evolution to breathe new life into Call of Duty. Many people have been playing the CoD series of games for a long time, but surprisingly few CoD players have spent any significant time in HardCore. I think a lot of players may not realize that there's practically an entirely different (& awesome) gaming experience awaiting them in HardCore.

In order to realize that vision, we need just a little more HardCore support from the game developers/publisher, & in return I think the HardCore segment of the CoD community can stand together to show how we can help contribute to Call of Duty's evolution & continued success. After all, what is this (or any) game without its fans?

Joined the Elite group and will likely follow on Twitter. Make sure you guys tweet if there are any initiatives that are worth us taking note of, not all us players can frequent these boards.
                                                powerfultoothpaste
                                                Operator, one quick question: would I need the DLC's in order to play with a group of you guys?

Operator, one quick question: would I need the DLC's in order to play with a group of you guys?

You don't need DLC to play, As far as i would say (and i really have no say in any of this) you just need a positive attitude. I have just recently gotten back into Hardcore=)
                                                    powerfultoothpaste
                                                    Well if anyone would like an extra person to play with send me an invite:

Chody55

rattlehead01 wrote:

You don't need DLC to play, As far as i would say (and i really have no say in any of this) you just need a positive attitude. I have just recently gotten back into Hardcore=)

Thanks RattleHead - you nailed it: a positive, constructive attitude is what matters most in HCC. DLC maps are not required.

Anyone HardCore fans who want to get involved in Hotel Charlie Company & aren't already on my Xbox Live friends list, feel free to send me a friend request (preferably accompanied by a brief message letting me know who you are & why you're contacting me).

Xbox Live GamerTag: Operator1

me2bleedblack is my gamertag and as i have only been getting back into Hardcore and prefer to play with some friends.

In time it would be cool to see MHCGM and HCC become one but i think egos might clash..haha
                                                          "Crias SK"

Yes, there's a space in the name.

I'll be back and forth into Zombies for the next while, but when I do play Multi I'm often looking for a couple extra players to pad out our squad. I'd take a couple mediocre players I know over randoms I can't trust any day. Most of my guys only play Hardcore CTF. Drop me a line and add me, and I'll include you in any invites I send out when I got room
                                                            It was looking promising until i read that its not a competitive community.....

Not interested in W/L is such a big no no for me......disappointed....
                                                              Joined the elite group to show my support 

BIGBANG BAZINGA wrote:

Not everyone cares about w/l or k/dr in this game. some play just to have fun and that not mean good stats to them. Just the act of playing with friends can be enough for some with out the need or care about a stat that has no meaning outside of the game.

BIGBANG BAZINGA wrote:

"Not a competitive community" = "not a clan".

In other words, you don't join HCC because you desperately want a crew to play with regularly that has team practices and takes winning super seriously. HCC isn't about being pwnage players of the game, it's just about loving HardCore mode.

You want a competitive crew, join a competitive clan... AND join HCC. Why not? :P
                                                                    powerfultoothpaste

CriasSK wrote:

BIGBANG BAZINGA wrote:

In other words, you don't join HCC because you desperately want a crew to play with regularly that has team practices and takes winning super seriously. HCC isn't about being pwnage players of the game, it's just about loving HardCore mode.

You want a competitive crew, join a competitive clan... AND join HCC. Why not? :P

Exactly!

How can a group be built around a laid back enviroment if everyone's so stressed about getting the big W. I agree with Crias, just because you're in a clan doesn't mean you can't show HCC support.
                                                                      They can add as many new modes as they want but they dont have to have 3 diff modes in 1 moshpit it does not work leave ctf and hq as they are and mosh the others together
                                                                        Operator, I'm in.  I sent an email through the site's email address.  I hope I can help.  

DougeeFresh5454 wrote:

Operator, I'm in.  I sent an email through the site's email address.  I hope I can help.  

Thanks Doug. Got your e-mail.
                                                                          I browsed some of your recent posts here & I can see that you are a respectable guy.
                                                                          Glad to have you on board!
                                                                          I sent you an Xbox Live Friend Request & I've posted a shout-out to you on the @HotelCharlieCo Twitter feed.

Another HCC member is working on a draft for our first community-submitted article.
                                                                          It will be posted on our Hotel Charlie Company blog soon.

CriasSK wrote:

BIGBANG BAZINGA wrote:

Thanks for fielding that one CriasSK - you're exactly right: HCC is not a competitive clan (it's not a "clan" at all).

HotelCharlie Company is a community-driven fellowship of Call of Duty gamers who prefer multi-player game types with HardCore (HC) settings & our mission is to help shape the HardCore gaming experience through positive & proactive representation of our HardCore community.

...just because you're in a clan doesn't mean you can't show HCC support.

Spot on powerfultoothpaste - HCC does not aim to interfere with any memberships or commitments gamers may have to different clans, groups, organizations, etc. HotelCharlie Company is simply a bunch of gamers who love HardCore game-types & would like to see more in-game support for HardCore gaming.
                                                                                I used this group as an example only because it was one of the few to have it's own URL.

Elite is going to be a very social tool among our community. Clans and Groups are something we've always needed. Now, the Elite site is moderated by members of Beachhead. I spoke with some awesome people at XP regarding the issue of advertising. I informed him of various movements, such as MHCGM and HotelCharlie, and inquired about posting URLs to your current and future home sites. As long as there is no ultimate profit gained, the site is fine. The team doesn't want anyone to be ushered off site and shown content to be purchased.

That is their biggest concern. After that, they are very open to community involvement. Keep it profit free and you shouldn't have any issues.

II F0XH0UND II wrote:

I used this group as an example only because it was one of the few to have it's own URL.

Elite is going to be a very social tool among our community. Clans and Groups are something we've always needed. Now, the Elite site is moderated by members of Beachhead. I spoke with some awesome people at XP regarding the issue of advertising. I informed him of various movements, such as MHCGM and HotelCharlie, and inquired about posting URLs to your current and future home sites. As long as there is no ultimate profit gained, the site is fine. The team doesn't want anyone to be ushered off site and shown content to be purchased.

That is their biggest concern. After that, they are very open to community involvement. Keep it profit free and you shouldn't have any issues.

Thanks for thinking of the community, Fox & for making the effort during the CoD XP event to discuss this with the Beachead folks.
                                                                                    Nice!

I wish I could still be a HC gamer in CoD, as I played that exclusively in CoD4 and WaW, but something changed in the game for MW2 that made HC just not work well for me. 

Not sure what it was in MW2, but in BO, it is the lag issue.  Just not fun when you get killed without having a chance.  At least with taking a couple more bullets to kill you, it gives you a bit more of a fighting chance when you are lagging behind the opposition.

Anything your group can do to improve HC settings, variety, and gameplay is great!  

Operator-1 wrote:

II F0XH0UND II wrote:

Thanks for thinking of the community, Fox & for making the effort during the CoD XP event to discuss this with the Beachead folks.

Great to have someone to spread the word!! 
                                                                                        I'd like to enlist the community's assistance in sending some positive vibes to the Call of Duty developers & publishers about their fans' love for HardCore game-types.

I'd like to request those with Twitter accounts to copy-&-paste any or all of the following tweets & post them on your Twitter feeds:

RT @HotelCharlieCo: Hi @DavidVonderhaar - #HotelCharlie CoD fans would love more HardCore public multiplayer playlists in #CoDBlackOps!

RT @HotelCharlieCo: Hi @Treyarch - #HotelCharlie CoD fans would love more HardCore public multiplayer playlists in #CoDBlackOps!

Also (if it's not already too late), I think the next 5 or 6 weeks or so might be a critical window to give input to the game developers before the master disc for the next Call of Duty game goes gold - so please copy-&-paste any or all of these tweets into your Twitter feed as well:

RT @HotelCharlieCo: Hi @FourZeroTwo - #HotelCharlie CoD fans would love more HardCore public multiplayer playlists in #MW3!

RT @HotelCharlieCo: Hi @GuyBeahm - #HotelCharlie CoD fans would love more HardCore public multiplayer playlists in #MW3!

RT @HotelCharlieCo: Hi @GlenSchofield - #HotelCharlie CoD fans would love more HardCore public multiplayer playlists in #MW3!

RT @HotelCharlieCo: Hi @MichaelCondrey - #HotelCharlie CoD fans would love more HardCore public multiplayer playlists in #MW3!

RT @HotelCharlieCo: Hi @SHGames - #HotelCharlie CoD fans would love more HardCore public multiplayer playlists in #MW3!

RT @HotelCharlieCo: Hi @InfinityWard - #HotelCharlie CoD fans would love more HardCore public multiplayer playlists in #MW3!

...Please try to send positive requests (not pestering complaints) in the hopes of getting positive responses from them.

Thank you!

All this Hardcore stuff,I think I might give it another go!

Anyone wanna play Hardcore TDM tommorrow? About 4pm,GMT?

tr sargent,if you want my GT.
                                                                                            There's a new article titled "The HardCore Warrior" on the HotelCharlie Company blog written be fellow HCC member Barky:

http://hotelcharliecompany.blogspot.com/2011/09/hardcore-warrior.html

Thank you Barky for showing your HardCore pride!

If you would like to write an article to share with the HardCore community, please see the HotelCharlieCompany.com "About" page for information on how to send in your ideas.