9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2011 6:38 PM by brandaman RSS

    1980 Camaro Z28 first start

      Hi everyone-
           Just thought I would share the first start of my 1980 Camaro Z28.  Its not a spectacular video, but its all I got right now and I will get a better one once the car is driving.  This is what I have worked on since 1999. Enjoy

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYJStQtttU
        • Test #1
          Re: 1980 Camaro Z28 first start
          LOL, not even one person looked at this thread, that is funny.  I guess most people on a site like this do not even have a learners permit yet.
          Last Edited: Aug 10, 2011 2:45 PM
          • Test #1
            Re: 1980 Camaro Z28 first start
            I just looked at it   . But i'm not really a car person myself.
            Motorcycles all the way!
            Last Edited: Aug 10, 2011 3:07 PM
            • Test #1
              Re: 1980 Camaro Z28 first start

              dedicatedserversplease wrote:

               

              LOL, not even one person looked at this thread, that is funny.  I guess most people on a site like this do not even have a learners permit yet.



              It's more because the OT doesn't really care for these videos I guess. Or someone spammed your video down to the 2nd page really quickly
              Last Edited: Aug 10, 2011 3:28 PM
              • Test #1
                Re: 1980 Camaro Z28 first start
                Nice car bud.  How much power would you estimate it at?  Right now I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited because I needed something for snow, but at the beginning of next summer before my senior year, I plan to buy a 98 - 02 Camaro SS.  Insurance is going to eat all of my money though =/.  ha
                Last Edited: Aug 10, 2011 3:31 PM
                • Test #1
                  Re: 1980 Camaro Z28 first start
                  Wow, nice. You've been working on it for twelve years?!
                  Last Edited: Aug 10, 2011 4:24 PM
                  • Test #1
                    Re: 1980 Camaro Z28 first start
                    Yes 12 years and about 15-16k invested.  It takes alot of time when you work full time, own a home, and are married lol.   The engine itself was Dyno'd at 405hp and 436tq.  I bought the engine at www.dereberyperformance.com in Texas for 2990 plus shipping.  I had it shipped to me in Chicago last fall.  Thanks for the comments guys, I am hoping Staind sees this as he was wanting to see my car when I first started it.   Thanks again.
                    Last Edited: Aug 10, 2011 4:42 PM
                    • Test #1
                      Re: 1980 Camaro Z28 first start

                      dedicatedserversplease wrote:

                       

                      Yes 12 years and about 15-16k invested.  It takes alot of time when you work full time, own a home, and are married lol.   The engine itself was Dyno'd at 405hp and 436tq.  I bought the engine at www.dereberyperformance.com in Texas for 2990 plus shipping.  I had it shipped to me in Chicago last fall.  Thanks for the comments guys, I am hoping Staind sees this as he was wanting to see my car when I first started it.   Thanks again.


                      Wow, that's some determination.

                      And he's been wanting to see it for twelve years?
                      Last Edited: Aug 10, 2011 5:55 PM
                      • Test #1
                        Re: 1980 Camaro Z28 first start

                        Brandaman wrote:

                         

                        dedicatedserversplease wrote:

                         

                        Yes 12 years and about 15-16k invested.  It takes alot of time when you work full time, own a home, and are married lol.   The engine itself was Dyno'd at 405hp and 436tq.  I bought the engine at www.dereberyperformance.com in Texas for 2990 plus shipping.  I had it shipped to me in Chicago last fall.  Thanks for the comments guys, I am hoping Staind sees this as he was wanting to see my car when I first started it.   Thanks again.


                        Wow, that's some determination.

                        And he's been wanting to see it for twelve years?


                        LOL no.  When I first got the car running.  My bad on how I phrased that, I was trying to type fast and didnt proof read it as I was at work.
                        Last Edited: Aug 10, 2011 6:25 PM
                        • Test #1
                          Re: 1980 Camaro Z28 first start

                          dedicatedserversplease wrote:

                           

                          Brandaman wrote:

                           

                          dedicatedserversplease wrote:

                           

                          Yes 12 years and about 15-16k invested.  It takes alot of time when you work full time, own a home, and are married lol.   The engine itself was Dyno'd at 405hp and 436tq.  I bought the engine at www.dereberyperformance.com in Texas for 2990 plus shipping.  I had it shipped to me in Chicago last fall.  Thanks for the comments guys, I am hoping Staind sees this as he was wanting to see my car when I first started it.   Thanks again.


                          Wow, that's some determination.

                          And he's been wanting to see it for twelve years?


                          LOL no.  When I first got the car running.  My bad on how I phrased that, I was trying to type fast and didnt proof read it as I was at work.


                          Oh right, understandable, haha.
                          Last Edited: Aug 10, 2011 6:38 PM