9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2011 6:38 PM by brandaman RSS

1980 Camaro Z28 first start

Hi everyone-
           Just thought I would share the first start of my 1980 Camaro Z28.  Its not a spectacular video, but its all I got right now and I will get a better one once the car is driving.  This is what I have worked on since 1999. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYJStQtttU
        • Re: 1980 Camaro Z28 first start
          LOL, not even one person looked at this thread, that is funny.  I guess most people on a site like this do not even have a learners permit yet.
            I just looked at it   . But i'm not really a car person myself.
            Motorcycles all the way!

dedicatedserversplease wrote:

LOL, not even one person looked at this thread, that is funny.  I guess most people on a site like this do not even have a learners permit yet.

It's more because the OT doesn't really care for these videos I guess. Or someone spammed your video down to the 2nd page really quickly
                Nice car bud.  How much power would you estimate it at?  Right now I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited because I needed something for snow, but at the beginning of next summer before my senior year, I plan to buy a 98 - 02 Camaro SS.  Insurance is going to eat all of my money though =/.  ha
                  Wow, nice. You've been working on it for twelve years?!
                    Yes 12 years and about 15-16k invested.  It takes alot of time when you work full time, own a home, and are married lol.   The engine itself was Dyno'd at 405hp and 436tq.  I bought the engine at www.dereberyperformance.com in Texas for 2990 plus shipping.  I had it shipped to me in Chicago last fall.  Thanks for the comments guys, I am hoping Staind sees this as he was wanting to see my car when I first started it.   Thanks again.

Yes 12 years and about 15-16k invested.  It takes alot of time when you work full time, own a home, and are married lol.   The engine itself was Dyno'd at 405hp and 436tq.  I bought the engine at www.dereberyperformance.com in Texas for 2990 plus shipping.  I had it shipped to me in Chicago last fall.  Thanks for the comments guys, I am hoping Staind sees this as he was wanting to see my car when I first started it.   Thanks again.

Wow, that's some determination.

And he's been wanting to see it for twelve years?

Brandaman wrote:

LOL no.  When I first got the car running.  My bad on how I phrased that, I was trying to type fast and didnt proof read it as I was at work.

Brandaman wrote:

LOL no.  When I first got the car running.  My bad on how I phrased that, I was trying to type fast and didnt proof read it as I was at work.

Oh right, understandable, haha.