21 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2011 6:57 AM by Hoggsynator2011 RSS

Easier at 15th Prestige?

Cable99
      Since I hit 15th Prestige right around COD XP weekend I've noticed my (SPM) is climbing wildly. I'm usually placing top two most rounds where lag isn't a major issue and I'm scoring more flags/hq/Dom points. It's almost like the game is boosting my normally sad abilities. The other night I got an attack chopper-and all 7 kills were hip shot M16s without any steady aim. 

It just seems easier, somehow. Anyone else at 15th P notice this happening?
        • Re: Easier at 15th Prestige?
          rankismet

Cable 99 wrote:

Since I hit 15th Prestige right around COD XP weekend I've noticed my (SPM) is climbing wildly. I'm usually placing top two most rounds where lag isn't a major issue and I'm scoring more flags/hq/Dom points. It's almost like the game is boosting my normally sad abilities. The other night I got an attack chopper-and all 7 kills were hip shot M16s without any steady aim. 

I think it comes from not having to care about XP anymore... you play a little looser...

... and I would hope to God all that time in game would count for something.
            AlphaWiggy
            I don't know about you boys, but I have special powers now that I'm 15th. It's called my "Give a F" factor is at zero, thus rendering me all powerful.
              YO VLUD v2.0

Cable 99 wrote:

I'm usually placing top two most rounds where lag isn't a major issue.

Silly boy, there is no lag in this game...ever.  Hahahaha!  Just kidding!  I actually play better before I max out because I want to get more score.  When I max out...I start using more lol setups and do stupid things.  So my SPM is much higher before the end.

RAN Kismet wrote:

Cable 99 wrote:

I think it comes from not having to care about XP anymore... you play a little looser...

... and I would hope to God all that time in game would count for something.

Yes    I played a few of those Elite contest and I play different when I am playing those things.  I play worse because I am focused only on one thing.  It is more like work. 
                  Cable99

AlphaWiggy wrote:

I don't know about you boys, but I have special powers now that I'm 15th. It's called my "Give a F" factor is at zero, thus rendering me all powerful.

I suspect some variation of this is to blame. I just couldn't believe my SPM the other night-up 50 pts from avg.  :shock:
                    iidarkshadowoo
                    Did you just obtain 15th?
                    The skill level and competition dropped dramatically since a few months ago; in my opinion.

It might also be because you have acquired better map knowledge, play styles for game modes, and better accuracy/reaction time when in combat.
                      Cable99

ii darkshadow oO wrote:

Did you just obtain 15th?
                      The skill level and competition dropped dramatically since a few months ago; in my opinion.

It might also be because you have acquired better map knowledge, play styles for game modes, and better accuracy/reaction time when in combat.

Actually been torching 15/50 teams. But I do have good teammates, too.
                        I agree with many of the posters above me. I play a bit looser due to not worrying about XP or leveling up, or any of that stuff. I love to play domination and wigged out if I had less then 7 caps. I had to cap all three over and over, whether we were losing 150-20 or winning 150-20. I needed all three flags. I died a crap ton due to this compulsive behavior. Now I am a bit more layed back and cap when it wont cost me my life, and I flank a lot more now instead of running up the middle every chance I got. Oh, and I dont try to revenge kill much anymore either. Three very bad things to do if you ask me. LOL
                          rankismet

jwaller123 wrote:

I agree with many of the posters above me. I play a bit looser due to not worrying about XP or leveling up, or any of that stuff. I love to play domination and wigged out if I had less then 7 caps. I had to cap all three over and over, whether we were losing 150-20 or winning 150-20. I needed all three flags. I died a crap ton due to this compulsive behavior. Now I am a bit more layed back and cap when it wont cost me my life, and I flank a lot more now instead of running up the middle every chance I got. Oh, and I dont try to revenge kill much anymore either. Three very bad things to do if you ask me. LOL

And I experiment the crap out of things... use guns I don't like... perks I don't use.

Best perk I found at 15... Scout Pro.

It.
                          Is.
                          Awesome.

... for rushing.  :o

RAN Kismet wrote:

jwaller123 wrote:

And I experiment the crap out of things... use guns I don't like... perks I don't use.

It.
                            Is.
                            Awesome.

Shhhhh! The greenies must never know......
                              rankismet

CanadianMano wrote:

RAN Kismet wrote:

jwaller123 wrote:

It.
                              Is.
                              Awesome.

Shhhhh! The greenies must never know......

My bad, Mano... my bad... 
                                It's okay, I don't think anyone else heard you.  But seriously, that weapon/equipment switch speed is awesome. Pulling out an LMG with the same speed as a pistol? Yes please.
                                  rankismet

CanadianMano wrote:

It's okay, I don't think anyone else heard you.  But seriously, that weapon/equipment switch speed is awesome. Pulling out an LMG with the same speed as a pistol? Yes please.

It's planting a claymore, calling in a KS, throwing a nade/flash bang... hell, climbing is faster.

The most under appreciated perk.

If peeps weren't so focused on Ghost they would be ******** about this.
                                    I think, personally, the best class for Scout pro is a shotty class, with a pistol secondary.

RAN Kismet wrote:

CanadianMano wrote:

It's planting a claymore, calling in a KS, throwing a nade/flash bang... hell, climbing is faster.

I have never used this perk accept to get the pro variant of it. Once I got that I put on the shelf to collect dust. Never tried the pro side of it, Maybe I should. Didn't realize you could do all that other stuff with it since I have never cared to use it. Lol. Thought it was simply to change primary and secondary weapons faster.
                                        Ya know it is very simple to explain and easy to understand.

You no longer worry about levling up as much or pretiging. You can now focus more on the game play instead and not what rank you are or prestige.

You have been playing long enough to get there and have learned from past errors about what you did as a player. So you have improved your skills to some degree.

Some of the players that used to beat you have gone back to mw2 in prep of mw3 coming out in the next few months, so now you are dealing with lower average skilled players.

jwaller123 wrote:

RAN Kismet wrote:

CanadianMano wrote:

I have never used this perk accept to get the pro variant of it. Once I got that I put on the shelf to collect dust. Never tried the pro side of it, Maybe I should. Didn't realize you could do all that other stuff with it since I have never cared to use it. Lol. Thought it was simply to change primary and secondary weapons faster.

Scout pro is the most underated perk in the game, because everyone only thinks it helps snipers because of the longer breath time.

TrialStarDragon wrote:

Scout pro is the most underated perk in the game, because everyone only thinks it helps snipers because of the longer breath time.

I'll give 'er a try. Thanks for the input my good sir!!
                                              The near instant switch of weapons or use of nades or equipment makes it a beastly perk when used with other weapons then snipers.

try it with a rpg class or a law class, or with a strella class. It is crazy fast and easy to shoot air support with that perk even when not using ghost pro. die.. spawn insta switch fire.. chopper gone...switch back.. shoot the guy coming at you with out blinking an eye..

come up on someone clip low.. insta rpg up in thier face.. may die if too close but still its fun killing people like that.. drives them nuts.
                                                TrueTragic
                                                I think it is about the same for me since I hit 15th.  I still have my "try-hard" games and I still have my "don't really care how well I do and could care even less what anyone else thinks about that" games.  I think I hit my peak regarding to playing best long before I hit 15th.  I did not Prestige right away you see.  I remember chilling at Fourth and Sixth Prestiges for the longest time.  Anyway, I made it to 15th right before the last Double XP Weekend.  I took advantage of the Double XP to get me to level 50 fast.  But like I said earlier, it is still about the same for me.  I still have my good and bad games along with those I mentioned above.  I also feel that competition has improved on this game as well.  I have participated in more close matches than ever it feels like.

By the way regarding some of the other posts in this thread, Scout Pro is just filthy.  It just has so much potential and so much versatility.
                                                  Hoggsynator2011
                                                  When i hit 50 /15th prestige my sats started to climb rapidly.
                                                  And as most of you have said its because i dont dont give 2 flying ***** about it anymore, im having the most fun with game now as i have been since ive owned it!