32 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2014 10:11 AM by Warcraftofficial123 RSS

Worst COD's to date...

The worst COD's to date by far have been Black Ops, followed by COD3 and W@W.  I tried my hardest to keep the faith thinking that Vahn could fix this game if given time.  Well the time has officially run out.  I played the game nightly for a couple months with him and others in this forum (props to the G6) in hopes of helping correct the game that Black Ops still is.  In the end, it was a waste.  Nothing in this game could be fixed.  It stood no chance due to the substandard development in the studio pre launch. I myself will never purchase another inferior Treyarch product.  They screwed me over with inferior products the first 2 games and I screwed myself over this last time because I should of known better. 

As many of you know, I began playing COD back in 2003.  I have played every COD to date and am extremely active in the community.  I try to be reasonable and I am not one to just rant about weapons being overpowered, or other in game imbalances, but the line has to be drawn someplace when it comes to game functionality.   I know many people in each studio and it is hard for me to call out Treyarch alone, but it needed to be done.  This is not an attack against the people who work at Treyarch as they are great people in real life.  This is an attack on the quality of work they put out, and the utter lack of polishing/refinement in their titles.

I didnt write this as a, "look at me I sold the game" thread.  I wrote this in the hopes that Vahn will read it and see my disappointment in the quality of his work.  With that I wish everyone at Treyarch the best, but for the sake of the series, I do hope they get replaced by a more capable development studio.  Thanks DSP
        • Re: Worst COD's...
          illstplaya2live
          Black ops is the worst.
          I've only played mw2 and Bo but ops is terrible compared to mw2.
            You should of posted this in a year when they say "blah blah We're sorry about the Famas and MP40 blah blah no lag blah blah most balanced cod to date blah blah blah" BS.

Rezzurected davidlsofferman wrote:

You should of posted this in a year when they say "blah blah We're sorry about the Famas and MP40 blah blah no lag blah blah most balanced cod to date blah blah blah" BS.

Trust me, I posted alot of things before this game was released.  Alot of heated discussions were had between myself and Vahn.  My only goal is for the betterment of the series.  I never talk about weapons or things like that, my discussions are always regarding netcode, latency, framerate, and saving the game to the harddrive to prevent premature wear of our bluray drives.  Right now, I am trying to get info on MW3, I havent seen so many tightlipped people in the studio ever.  People really arent saying a word regarding game features such as matchmaking, music volume slider etc, barely any leaks that arent general public knowledge.

dedicatedserversplease wrote:

Trust me, I posted alot of things before this game was released.  Alot of heated discussions were had between myself and Vahn.  My only goal is for the betterment of the series.  I never talk about weapons or things like that, my discussions are always regarding netcode, latency, framerate, and saving the game to the harddrive to prevent premature wear of our bluray drives.  Right now, I am trying to get info on MW3, I havent seen so many tightlipped people in the studio ever.  People really arent saying a word regarding game features such as matchmaking, music volume slider etc, barely any leaks that arent general public knowledge.

Gd points DSP.  As for MW3, if it were any other product you would know what your buying wouldn't you, lol.  It's been the same with Elite regarding DLC release dates, sidestepping.  I'd just like to know what I'm preordering really.

Marcus2012(3) wrote:

Gd points DSP.  As for MW3, if it were any other product you would know what your buying wouldn't you, lol.  It's been the same with Elite regarding DLC release dates, sidestepping.  I'd just like to know what I'm preordering really.

I feel the same way and have spoken with 402 on the matter.  He really does wish he could tell us more, but he is only allowed to say what they allow him to say.  It sort of puts him in a tough spot as he knows why we wanna know more.  Like I said, I have a fairly basic question regarding a possible music slider to be able to turn the horrible in game music off, but have yet been able to get that answered as he is not allowed to discuss the options.  So what I did was trade in B.O. for MW3 as it covered 1/3 of the price.  At least I got something for it from gamestop, I actually walked away feeling I took them for receiving 20 dollars for Black Ops.
                  • Re: Worst COD's to date...
                    XxReggieKushxX
                    I completely agree with you.

I used to post alot before I really found out how bad and un-fun Black Ops was. I still occasionally browse the forums, but even they are filled with complaint threads (many of them are legit issues too) and the "Look at my quickscope montage" threads.

That being said, I've played every COD title except for 2 and 3, and I have to agree with you. Black Ops is by far the worst COD title to date. By a landslide. Before Black Ops came out, I thought WaW was the clear-cut winner for "Worst COD title". Treyarch just seems to outdo themselves with each failure of a game. I have frequently heard that COD3 was the worst, but I can't really judge it as I never played it.

I mean for God's sake, the first week of BO's release, people were saying how awful it was (myself included) and the community screamed for major fixes. Not ONE major issue has been fixed, and it's almost a year later. Upon release, the TA fanboys were clamoring to the forums saying that Treyarch was so much better than Infinity Ward. I think we all know that those forum posters have changed their attitude, and have just stopped posting.

The two major issues that made me stop playing the game were the insane amount of lag, and the awful....awful hit detection. Not to mention that the PS3 version was completely neglected for the first 2 months of its release. I could rant all day about the inferior aspects of the TA development team, the community manager Josh Olin, and the constant shortcomings/snide remarks/issues ignored by David Vonderhaar.

When about 70% of the community says there is a big problem with lag, framerate dropoffs, and hit detection....the logical answer ISN'T to brush the problem aside and blame the community. Remember when Josh Olin tried to say it was our fault? Remember when David Vonderhaar said he couldn't find any problems?

That is the Treyarch development team for you. There is a large percentage of the community, and friends of mine who don't even know the forums exist, that say they won't buy another Treyarch game.
                      @ Reggie-
                            Same here.  All the hardcore COD guys I have met in my 8 years have all said the same thing.  We have all moved on and we have come to a general consensus stating that anything that comes with a Treyarch logo needs to be avoided.
                        Treyarch just wanted to lure us in for money. They used their communication in the beginning to make us think that they were actually going to bring a great game. What we have? A game with far more inferior, redundant, superior, and OP weapons, framerate issues, bad netcode, horrible matchmaking, and more. Some of the stuff that TA denied were true.

What they brought was a catastrophe. PS3 players had to deal with an inferior product since the release and there are still problems that linger in the game.

You can only hope that MW3 gets good support and no favoritism towards Xbox. IW had issues inside their team for MW2, hopefully they will be tackling problems within the game that have been reported and not denying they exist.
                          Eh, we're all entitled to our opinions.
                            This will probably get removed but, agreed totally. It's just, I seem to like cod4 more than any of them. But black ops = fanboys ********. Thats why I only play with a party now on black ops. Because i get stuck with people "oh f*** the famas." It's just wahat if every gun was balanced. That would make the game worse.

TwinWolf954 wrote:

If the truth hurts...

...how does the opinion affects you? 
                                Worst cod that I've played is....Black Ops!
                                Cod 4 and MW 2 were better than BO. But all games gets boring.

Platinumb wrote:

TwinWolf954 wrote:

If the truth hurts...

It stings a little, but goes away shortly after. Like a mosquito bite.

Platinumb wrote:

TwinWolf954 wrote:

If the truth hurts...

This must be how he plays.
                                    http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/blogging-blinders.png 

http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/blogging-blinders.png 

Sorry - next time I'll just agree with you instead. That's what you want, right?

TwinWolf954 wrote:

Sorry - next time I'll just agree with you instead. That's what you want, right?

No, I want you to blindly deny any issues exist or retort with all games have issues, just deal with it.  While I am saying that while all games have issues, Black Ops is the worst game in terms of funcationality I have played in the COD series.

TwinWolf954 wrote:

No, I want you to blindly deny any issues exist or retort with all games have issues, just deal with it.  While I am saying that while all games have issues, Black Ops is the worst game in terms of funcationality I have played in the COD series.

Look for the bolded part in the above quote, and you'll understand the first post I made to this thread. No matter how bad your experiences with the game were, the fact stands that you can't speak for everyone else. In fact, you never will.

But I'll just give you what you want, and just retort with "all games have issues, just deal with it". Happy?
                                            In my 8 years of COD, I have met thousands of hardcore gamers like myself.  I have not spoken to one of them that hasnt shared the same opinion as mine.  When you speak to casual gamers, or gamers who do not know what a properly netcoded game should feel like, than yes, they may state the game runs "fine" for them.  Lets just say if you had conversations with the lead mp developer you seem to follow so closely, you would know that he admits to the games shortcomings, even if you will not admit to them.  This is the worst COD to date, you cannot deny it.

This is all you have to watch to see how terrible this game is.  Maybe you arent sensitive to how bad this game is, but I notice it all over.
                                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZKAFNDuIKQ 

In my 8 years of COD, I have met thousands of hardcore gamers like myself.  I have not spoken to one of them that hasnt shared the same opinion as mine.  When you speak to casual gamers, or gamers who do not know what a properly netcoded game should feel like, than yes, they may state the game runs "fine" for them.  Lets just say if you had conversations with the lead mp developer you seem to follow so closely, you would know that he admits to the games shortcomings, even if you will not admit to them.  This is the worst COD to date, you cannot deny it.

What the hell is wrong with you? Seems like you can't distinguish opinion from fact, apparently. There is no one 'type' of gamer whose opinion should be held in higher regard than any other person who plays this game. The game doesn't meet your expectations? Fine. Doesn't mean that the overall quality of the game revolves around only your expectations, though... and if you think it should, then you're dead wrong.

Again, stop trying to pass off your little opinion as truth. It's sickening.

TwinWolf954 wrote:

What the hell is wrong with you? Seems like you can't distinguish opinion from fact, apparently. There is no one 'type' of gamer whose opinion should be held in higher regard than any other person who plays this game. The game doesn't meet your expectations? Fine. Doesn't mean that the overall quality of the game revolves around only your expectations, though... and if you think it should, then you're dead wrong.

Again, stop trying to pass off your little opinion as truth. It's sickening.

Well your blind devotion is sickening to me.  Mancrush on Vahn, possibly?
                                                  I won't reduce myself to such a level. Save the childish insults. Until you can prove to me that your word is of higher worth than anyone else's - as a player - then I'm through with you.

This is all you have to watch to see how terrible this game is.  Maybe you arent sensitive to how bad this game is, but I notice it all over.

Ive been playing video games a long long time. And it seems AND runs fine for me.

yates435 wrote:

Ive been playing video games a long long time. And it seems AND runs fine for me.

Wow, could you please record your Movie theatre screen on Drive In for me.  I would love to see a PS3 version that doesnt tear.  Thanks.

TwinWolf954 wrote:

I won't reduce myself to such a level. Save the childish insults. Until you can prove to me that your word is of higher worth than anyone else's - as a player - then I'm through with you.

I didnt insult you but I am glad you are through.   Hope you remain with B.O. forever.
                                                          Personally I think Black Ops is the worst cod game, but that's just my opinion.

A year later and the knifing is still broken. Commando lunges take place, I'll knife someone and get blood but then they turn around and kill me, or I'll even come right up behind someone and somehow miss. What the heck :\ And I've found more campers in B. Ops than I have in most of the other cod games. It's just dumb.

And my boyfriend got so mad at the game that he bent the disk today, so now he can't play. Oh well I guess
                                                            XxReggieKushxX

TwinWolf954 wrote:

I didnt insult you but I am glad you are through.   Hope you remain with B.O. forever.

Remember the part I posted about blind Treyarch followers who refuse to admit the major flaws in the game?
                                                              dlundebjerg28(2)
                                                              I'm not sure I would call BO the worst CoD to date, but it has two major failings in my opinion.

The entire connection/online play is extremely f*cked up in this game. If you play in Combat Training and an offline split screen game, the guns are pretty balanced, the framerate is good and obviously theres no lag. Go into online multiplayer, and its completely different. Guns like the Famas/AUG/Rapid Fire SMG seem so overpowered because the lag is so bad that their high rate of fire puts them ahead of other guns since they are the only ones that can make up for being 1 second behind the enemy. I think the bad lag and hit detection can be traced back to poor matchmaking. I am constantly in lobbies with foreign players or people on the other side of the United states nowhere near me. Also, about halfway through the game Treyarch stopped caring about fixing the actual game, and more about pleasing the whiners in the community. After the AK74u was nerfed, it went down hill. The next big patches all had to do with allowing quickscoping and nerfing the Famas. Issues like the Gunship glitch and other legitimate problems were ignored by Treyarch and more unimportant things were patched.

The second major failing of Black Ops is the pre release hype. Black Ops was the most hyped up CoD title in my experience. After hearing what was being said about the game I honestly thought it was going to be hands down the best CoD. Unfortunately, Treyach failed. The above problems have taken a relatively balanced game with some pretty good maps and turned it into sh*t. It did not live up to the hype in my opinion because Treyarch put too much time into things like the emblem maker and not enough time into working with matchmaking.

So I wouldn't call Black Ops the worst CoD title, I still think its better than W@W, but it definitely is not what it was made out to be. I think it is still a decent game, I just don't think its near as good as anyone expected it to be
                                                                I won't say Black Ops is the worst COD of all time - possibly the worst "running" COD for the PS3. 

I have enjoyed Black Ops despite the MAJOR framerate issues, lag and poor hit detection.  Had Black Ops been properly coded for the PS3 it could well have been one of the best.  I talked to Vahn at Call of Duty XP and he knows the game runs poorly on the PS3 - he told me their lead PS3 developer - if they had more than one - had been fired.  We learn from our mistakes and hopefully Treyarch has taken enough heat on the internet and will do more testing of the PS3 version next time.

Until then we will soon have MW3 to play and enjoy.  IW always gives the PS3 a version equal to the Xbox version and thats really all we are asking for.
                                                                  I've always known you to be a standup guy DSP, but the way you interacted is beneath you.

Locking. You're obviously entitled to your opinions, but when you veil your insults against your peers you lose the right to have an open thread.
                                                                    Bansheelegend

DUDE they have done as much as they can so respect what they have done.