36 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2011 10:12 AM by IRAssault100 RSS

Why Motion / Heartbeat Sensors?

brsox

I can't understand why there has to be motion sensors / heartbeat sensors in COD. What is their place in the game? It is such a cheap tactic, I don't know how people aren't ashamed. Its so easy when you know where your enemy is coming from. Motion sensors made me despise BO and I hope that it's not the same for MW3.

Does the EMP grenade destroy the heartbeat sensor as well as the motion sensor? That would be nice.

• Re: Why Motion / Heartbeat Sensors?

Yea I think the EMP Nade will disable them for a bit, but I know a EMP will also lol.

Yes, and motion sensors/heartbeat monitors are put in because the devs wanted them in.

I use em, not ashamed.

brsox

If anything they should just leave that cheap pile of crap as a gun attachment. At lease these brave souls might think about moving then. Screw that deployable sensor crap.

Make these cowards wear that flaming badge of courage on their gun for all to see!

Why not?? What's wrong with motion or heartbeat sensors??

iamhollywood5

They include them because IW likes to take the easiest game in the world and make it even easier for the kids who hold the controller backwards and so their game appeals to more 12 year olds and dudebros.

Haven't you learned about IW?  They love ridiculous cheap bullshit, they take so much joy in purposely designing their games with the primary focus of making you rage.

There is nothing wrong with them... If you are so disturbed by them use assassin & dead silence. Just because they know where you are doesn't mean they are going to kill you. Also from the OP statement you might as well include Spy Planes & Blackbirds, etc because they let you know where the enemy is coming from

brsox

It really disturbs me when people take this approach. This is the reason the COD community has gone to poop.

The thing is,people shouldn't have to be forced to use a perk. Just like mw2. In hardcore I felt like I had to use ninja cause all the noobs used heartbeat sensors which means you can't use sit rep to spot claymores because your too busy trying to not show up on the noobdar sensor(the work noob and radar combined. another word for heartbeat sensor)

if you not able to kill some noob that uses heart beat sensor maybe you should play mario lol.... Get over your self dude.

vileself

That is entirely untrue. Its the precise reason why everything has something to counter it. If people on the opposite team are using HBS then you better switch to a class that has ninja on it. You should be forced to choose your class based on what kind of tactics and equipment your enemies are using, otherwise there would be classes that you could select that would dominate the game.

Besides when are you people going to realize that its not the HBS getting the kill, the guy still has to aim and shoot his gun. He may have a slight advantage in knowing where you are but you may have a different advantage like having a scope or a silencer on your gun.

All attachments bring a specific advantage to a firefight so its rediculous to hate on one attachment and not the others.

P.S. anyone here claiming to be a hardcore gamer who is hating on IW for making the game accessible to everyone needs to chill out. CoD was never ever intended to be a game merely directed at hardcore gamers. Besides, I would concider myself to be a hardcore gamer but its not like I can go out and win every single match with a 5.0 KDR. Even noobs pose a threat and thats because of the tools they are given.

If you see it the way I do then the game would actually be a lot easier if things like HBS were removed from MP because the people who dont use it would have one less thing to worry about. So if you're claiming to be a hardcore gamer then you should really embrace things like the HBS because in the end its job is to give you a bit more of a challenge, much like if your enemies are running around shooting with a silencer.

avengedyesterday

Same reason all guns will now have built in stopping power. Same reason why kill streaks will stack. Same reason why some killstreaks will stack even if you die. Same reason ghost hasn't gone away.

It's a game ment for everyone to play, from the casual to the hardcore gamer.

esmorgue

All the CoDs are taking a turn towards catering to the weak. The Vets are basically. IMO opinion being forced to deal with more game simplifying crap.

If you have a problem with a certain weapon, perk, equiptment, or anything of that sort, AND you think you're good, then deal with it. There's a counter to everything, if you can't counter it, then you're probably not as superproawesomesauce as you think you are...

SmokeyCheese1

Ima dudbro but I dont use the heartbeat thingy. It distracts from shotgunning guys in the face who do use it.

I'm glad I have several friends who play CoD because this approach from the majority of the community pisses me off. I don't use the cheatbeat or sensor in past games, I do find they are cheap, but they are there for people to choose.

They are part of the game and they are there for VARIETY. Variety is the spice of life so they say, if everyone had the same gun, the same perk, the same attachment it would be boring.
                                      There are perks and counters. NO you are NOT forced to use them, but you can CHOOSE to if you have trouble with people using sensors.

The logic used by people saying its unfair would be if I said that using Quickdraw would be cheap because that person can aim faster than me. Its the same as saying that Sleight of Hand is cheap because the enemy reloaded and killed me before I had even discharged the magazine. Its like saying Steady Aim is cheap because the enemy can spray and pray better than I can aime down sights.

See man, the thing is, people are crap, they need all the help they can get, and the devs gladly give it to them. Im with you 100%, cant stand stupid radars like that. It promotes camping, and the user thinks hes doing the team a favour, cos hes an idiot.

Trust me, putting this on the forums is poinltess cos this is pretty much where Motion Sensor fanboys hang out.

My proudest stat on ALL of my Combat Record, is down at the bottom of equipment usage, it says....

Motion Sensor : 0 Deployed. Now thats a stat to be proud of.

HBS, Motion Sensors, Portable Radar and QkScoping are all crappy things that just shouldnt be in the game. Ever.

i fully agree with the original post. Heartbeats & motions take the fun out of the game. aleast the heartbeat is mw2 had a good counter, but why would they put the counter in the tier 2 perk slot? so imagine, if every one uses heartbeats & motion sensors then everyone else would be using assasin which is basicalyu gonna make things worse then on black ops. there would be no point in using uav's ever. being able to see where the red dots of the enemy are should be a reward EARNED. u shouldent be able to just start off a match. run to the nearest corner, hold L1 and wait til u see a red dot show up. which is what people who use heartbeat & motion usually do. because its usually the non-skilled layer who cant find people with their eyes and ears or who cant win a fire fight who decide to use those cheap tactics. but the thing is... your never going to become a good player if you NEVER LEAVE THE CORNER. becoming a good player is all about knowledge. repetition is the father of learning. leave the corner... go get into some gun fights so your reaction speed gets faster an you get better aim; so you can get those tough kills. move around so u can learn hot spots on the map, or learn to anticipate your competition, use your ears if u hear somebody walking through grass, u will be able to tell which way they are coming from. ...everybody wants to say and feel that they are good but nobody wants to take the time to work for it. i only really play SND and im also very active on Gamebattles, so i follow the rule set they have. so i cant use flak jacket or claymores or motion sensors. we play off of pure skill. and let me tell u it feels good to go 13-2 in every game of search an know that you didnt use flak jack, claymores, motion sensors, it feels good to know it was all skill.

in my opinion people who do gamebattles are 8/10 better then most players, an thats because we arent allowed to use nooby equiptment to help us, which pushs our talent to level far beyond that of regular players, solely cause we learn to rely on our selves.

so yeah... no noobdars. FORCE those players to leave their corners. play the game like a MAN.

It's almost like IW just wants everyone to camp with Assassin, Blind Eye, Ninja, Silenced AR, Heartbeat Sensor, Motion Sensor, and rack up Air Support kills, all from one corner while the guy trying to run around and play this "fast paced, arcade shooter" gets r@ped.

To answer your last question,

Yes. EMP grenade disables motionsensors.

To answer your whole topic, here is a counter question...

Why not have them? Does having them make a player unstopable/impossible to kill?

from my experience, only noobs used heartbeat sensors and they usually just camped and never scored well.  Doesnt seem to help them at all.  Let them use them.

In MW2 I have never ben killed by someone useing a heartbeat sensor, and whn I use it it is so distracting that I don't get any kills.  If it really bothers you, use EMP grenades, Ninja, and the support strike pacage with AUAV and EMP.

Honestly, i didn't mind the motion sensore because it was static. but the hb sensor annoyed me because you could move around with it (making it a mobile motion sensor)

goosu2006

i actually played a little with a hb sensor (never played MW2, so to actually see a little of the story, i went back and at least downloaded the demo to MW2 off of PSN). In just that mission, u were using the hb sensor with a silenced ACR, sneaking through a snowstorm. I found that thing useful, sure, but i would never use it, because it was so distracting. It seems to me that some people would be too worried about where the enemy is AT, and not worrying about how they are going to kill them, or at least thinking ahead to the point of WHEN the enemy is in your sights. Im not too worried about these little helpers. They arent game breaking. After beating some teams of people in blops, that (no joke) all used Ghost Pro and Motion Sensors, nothing scares me. Bring it all on, and ill defeat it all.. The mark of a true pro is defeating anything and everything. Complaining and making up excuses for you getting beat is just trying to hide the very fact that you got beat, and is the mark of a scrub that wants a game catered to just them. Those tools are avaliable to everybody, so learn how to use/combat them and quit complaining, lol

I know what you are saying. I have beat teams using the HB sensor in MW2 without the use of ninja. Honestly it was very complained about but from what i have heard from twitter is that they make it pulse slower and balanced it out overall making it much less powerful. I won't be using it mostly because i feel like the other attachments will be better suited for me.