8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2014 8:48 AM by qistercz RSS

r_multigpu = 1, cannot connect to servers?

Has anyone else tried this? Change r_multiGpu from 0 to 1 in the config file, if you have a crossfire or SLI setup. Then try to play online. You'll constantly get "Unable to connect to host" or "Connection to the server has timed out" while trying to play a match. Set it back to 0 and it works fine.

Why the **** can't we use SLI/Crossfire if we have it?

• Re: r_multigpu = 1, cannot connect to servers?

Playing r_multiGpu 1 in SP is perfectly fine for me, runs flawlessly except for the fact i feel like I'm going crosseyed with the low FoV.

I set r_multiGpu to 1 for the MP config, and it's unplayable. I could connect to servers, but everything became choppy and it looked and felt like i was running 200mph on my screen and shooting 1 clip per millisecond. So I have no idea what's wrong. Hopefully either a patch or profile comes out, not sure if its AMD or the game itself at this point.

Mine refused to connect with r_multigpu enabled. I did notice all the menu icons and stuff blinked incredibly fast though. It also reported 125fps in the menus insread of 90fps with it off. I tried private match and it worked fine, and felt significantly smoother than without, however it just didnt work in mp at all

Also happens to me to! I was wondering why this crap was happening.

No idea how multi GPU can affect that.

I'm having the same issue. If I turn multigpu on I have a VERY hard time connecting to servers. If I get in, the stutter is horrible.

If I create an own private game the FPS cap seems gone but the game still considers 90 frames to cover what should happen in one second. If I sit down in a corner and look into the wall I get 500 FPS and I can literally empty a clip in a second.

Why would they release a clearly non finished product? Please patch asap.

I'm having the same issue. If I turn multigpu on I have a VERY hard time connecting to servers. If I get in, the stutter is horrible.

If I create an own private game the FPS cap seems gone but the game still considers 90 frames to cover what should happen in one second. If I sit down in a corner and look into the wall I get 500 FPS and I can literally empty a clip in a second.

Why would they release a clearly non finished product? Please patch asap.

I'm having the same issue. When I finally get in it stutters like crazy. Probably because the client gets ahead of the server and gets reverted all the time. More fps = more stutter.

It seems like its because the FPS is not locked at 90 any more, but it still considers 90 frames one second.

If I create my own game it moves incredibly speedy. Looking into a wall and emptying a clip at 500 FPS is crazy.

I'm thinking the issue shouldn't be that complicated to fix. Just make sure that the r_multigpu still locks the FPS at 90.

OT: 90 fps is horrible. Let me have my 120 to actually use my 120Hz monitor properly!

qistercz

I haven´t got r_multigpu ...What I must do ?