9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2013 7:53 PM by xplaguesxwarx RSS

▷ WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE WHAT ACTIVISION CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS LIKE? CLICK HERE!!

Greetings,

I just wanted to take some time, to show everyone here what Activision "Customer Support" is like.

You see, I preordered the most expensive version of the game and it ended up costing me over 100 dollars. However, I have not been able to use ANY of the premium services that "came" with my game.

So the other day, a friend comes over to my house and he put his account on my PS3 console to play some MW3. Now he owns the game as well, but he just got the normal edition with no extra stuff.

Guess what? It gave HIM my premium stuff, but nothing I did would give it to me. Not before and not after.

I even uninstalled my account and reinstalled it on the PS3, I even tried to use my other PS3. Nothing works.

So I contact them via the support option on this site and I submitted my problem to them.

Well, what do you know? They have NO CLUE on how to deal with this.

Here is the submission with their response:

http://thecyndicate.com/Images/ScreenShots/Horrible-Activision-Support-for-MW3.p ng

Now, I saved the best for last.

If you look at the image I posted above and read the responses they gave me, they asked me to call a number to get more help.

So I went ahead and called that number. I made sure to record it, so I would have my answers recorded.

Well the first time I called, I pushed the button for "Help with Elite". That was a mistake. It just sends you to a recording that says they are doing the best they can, then it hangs up on you.

So I called back and pressed 1 for "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3" and this is what happened:

http://thecyndicate.com/Recordings/Horrible-Activision-Support-for-MW3.mp3

Enjoy my misery.

• Re: ▷ WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE WHAT ACTIVISION CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS LIKE? CLICK HERE!!

Sounds like your SOL buddy, I really don't there is anything that they could possibly do.  For all they know your just some guy trying to get a free elite membership.  But I am really sorry for what happened to you that sucks,but kinda funny in a way too, the thing that you couldn't get on your account your friend got on his account by just making an account on your ps3.

Maybe you should trade him accounts?

• Re: ▷ WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE WHAT ACTIVISION CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS LIKE? CLICK HERE!!
              Pker

Dawn of the Dinosaurs is a great game. Their elite service works. When you said wow she would've said "Wii." I do believe that Activision does need to help you with this situation as it seems all they care about is that you paid your money and there's a possibility that you'll pay MORE money to buy elite AGAIN. I am sorry for your misfortune ACTIVISION take a look at this and the OTHER people who have similar problems.

sk8hosoi wrote:

Sounds like your SOL buddy, I really don't there is anything that they could possibly do.  For all they know your just some guy trying to get a free elite membership.  But I am really sorry for what happened to you that sucks,but kinda funny in a way too, the thing that you couldn't get on your account your friend got on his account by just making an account on your ps3.

Maybe you should trade him accounts?

Why would I be "SOL"?

I paid for my game. I have my original Founders Code.

I also have my receipt for the purchase.

The PSN Name I am using, was REGISTERED AND LINKED to my Elite/Premium/Founders functions, as they FORCE you to link accounts, just to redeem these things.

There is a complete history and paper trail showing everything I mentioned above.

Not to mention I have Developer status, with a Dev ID and a Developer Console.

Let me also reiterate that I have the normal Elite service working just fine. The problem is with the premium side of the service.

This entire situation is absolutely insane.

And of, course, there will also, always be people that look at a thread and try to find anyway possible to insult the OP, in order to get "E-Popularity". Due to some sort of problem they have in their real social life.

It doesn't matter how you cut it.

They ask you to press 1 for "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3", so you do it, then a MACHINE asks you what game you are calling about.

If they can't even get their own phone system programmed properly, then how in the hеll are they going to have a game programmed properly?

OK, I see.  Dawn of the Dinosaurs... LOL!

If you paid for it by credit card, you can have the charges reversed. At least you'll get your money back .. Have fun with Dawn of the Dinosaurs !!

Hey look who it is!

How is life treating you after losing that argument?

Just came across this post. I had a story along the same line.had a founders code entered it all to see that I was logged onto my wife's account. And she never played the game. Within two mintutes I was on the phone and twenty minutes later I was a few words shy of being called a thief or a fraud. Look, they need to realize that though they deal with people with bad intentions not all of us are trying to do something illegal. Mistakes happen, but in activisions eyes once we gave them our money, we now become criminals if there was a mistake made either on our end or theirs. I refuse to support anything anymore that was made by activision. I have all the call of duty games, put a lot of money into this franchise, and I make one simple blunder and all they say is F U.

xplaguesxwarx

This is Activisions Standard Operating Procedure. You submit an issue to them. They take weeks to get back to you, and their reply has nothing to do with your actual issue/question that you first presented to them. Instead you get a very generic response. Pretty much they have a document filled with generic responses that they just copy and paste. They don't actually read what your issue is about.

It's like calling a help line and you are transferred to India or some other garbage country with people who aren't even True-Blooded Americans, can't speak hardly any English at all and the little bit they can is a mixture of their native language.

One would think with the Hundreds of Millions of dollars Activision makes they could afford to HIRE people who 1. Live in the United States, 2. Speak English Correctly, 3. Actually give a crap.

Activision is about as helpful at resolving issues as Iran and N.Korea are at becoming Best Friends with the United States....

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.