29 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2009 2:19 PM by bamtoman RSS

    Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be

    WillieStuder
      hacked in like two days?  It's about time the developers got real serious about this problem!
        • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
          emmure408

          Kastro187420 wrote:

           

          Thats why I don't play on PC. Its much harder to develop hacks for the PS3.


          There was hacks for the PS3 version within the first 2 weeks. lol nice try though.
          • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
            NOTOR1OUS
            You know there are hacks for almost all PC games. If you really don't like it then just get an xbox 360 or Ps3 because hacking them are very difficult. I think you need to mod a console for you to be able to start hacking a game for it.
            • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
              AwakeTheDead
              A PC game that is absolutely "hack-free"?

              Hmm...interesting.
              • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                bamtoman
                During my 7 year gaming in the PC I only encountered with 4 hackers and I seen them get banned from the server I was playing.
                • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                  Cirap1
                  it was basically a non-issue in CoD4

                  I encountered only a few hackers, and even then, it only takes about 10 seconds to find another server
                  • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                    Zwerke
                    In W@W i encountered Lvl 65 freaks who were pwning noobs in the boot camp. That was unfair.

                    Have you ever encountered something like it??

                    PS: Please edit your title, Mustafus.
                    • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                      Chester920
                      Honestly, if you play on a server with an active admin you should have no problems.
                      • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                        Signal
                        PC Games will almost always be hackable, people will find ways. Consoles they can still hack, but it is seen 99% less.
                        • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                          BULLY ON SPEED

                          Zwerke wrote:

                           

                          In W@W i encountered Lvl 65 freaks who were pwning noobs in the boot camp. That was unfair.

                          Have you ever encountered something like it??

                          PS: Please edit your title.



                          thats a glitch similar to the cage match on cod4 you cant join boot camp at a high level but you can be invited into one
                          • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                            Cheeseman666
                            I don't see the problem. On PC the host can kick hackers, and on consoles hacking happens less.
                            • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                              finc.Loki
                              Here we go, the console fan boys are at it again ******** and whining.

                              Play the game on your consoles and don't bother with us players on PC.

                              I have logged 600 hours on the PC COD4 and come across few hackers.
                              Most are insta banned and most get voted out.
                              If all else fails just leave to another server among the 19,000 available for PC players.

                              I've even beat hackers and got more points , it is only the real nutters that use auto aim that kills anything that moves with a pull of the trigger.
                              Then people stop spawning and he leaves, or gets banned when admin arrives.

                              If you have a 360 or PS3 , why are you even commenting on the PC?
                              Are you honestly thinking of buying the PC version? If not then give it a rest.
                              • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                                Soundmaniac

                                finc.loki wrote:

                                 

                                Here we go, the console fan boys are at it again ******** and whining.

                                Play the game on your consoles and don't bother with us players on PC.

                                I have logged 600 hours on the PC COD4 and come across few hackers.
                                Most are insta banned and most get voted out.
                                If all else fails just leave to another server among the 19,000 available for PC players.

                                I've even beat hackers and got more points , it is only the real nutters that use auto aim that kills anything that moves with a pull of the trigger.
                                Then people stop spawning and he leaves, or gets banned when admin arrives.

                                If you have a 360 or PS3 , why are you even commenting on the PC?
                                Are you honestly thinking of buying the PC version? If not then give it a rest.


                                U just owned them.
                                • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                                  Str1ker2

                                  Kastro187420 wrote:

                                   



                                  Fanboy? Not quite. Us Console users are explaining that we don't experience hacking nearly as bad as PC users. And besides, WE aren't the ones ********, its the PC people who are stuck putting up with hackers.

                                  Switching to a Console is literally just about the only way to avoid hacking. It doesn't eliminate it 100%, but it cuts it down so much, that you rarely hear the word "Hacker" on Consoles (ps3 anyway, never played online on 360).



                                  Enough with this b.s. already.  You act like hackers are everywhere on pc.  You said you don't have to experience "nearly as bad" sd pc players...we hardly deal with it at all anyway.  I'd rather play on pc where you may literally see only 2 hackers the entire year than 10 year olds glitching under maps every round they get the chance to on consoles.
                                  • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be

                                    Bamtoman wrote:

                                     

                                    During my 7 year gaming in the PC I only encountered with 4 hackers and I seen them get banned from the server I was playing.


                                    7 years and only 4 hackers; you're either really lucky or don't realize.
                                    • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be

                                      Kastro187420 wrote:

                                       

                                      Str1ker2 wrote:

                                       


                                      Enough with this b.s. already.  You act like hackers are everywhere on pc.  You said you don't have to experience "nearly as bad" sd pc players...we hardly deal with it at all anyway.  I'd rather play on pc where you may literally see only 2 hackers the entire year than 10 year olds glitching under maps every round they get the chance to on consoles.



                                      When I play, I rarely see people glitching, if ever. And even if they get under the map.. good for them, they can't fire through the bottom (I know, I've tried). In fact, just about the only person I ever see "glitching", is myself. And I only do it because Its the only way the game stays fresh to me. I've done literally everything there is to do in the game so far (Having completed EVERY challenge available).


                                      But anyway, hacking is alot bigger of a problem than you'll admit on PC. I know this because I watch the PC boards alot because I'm interested in Modding (Maps), and on many websites, I'm always seeing people girl about hackers.

                                      I have yet to actually hear a legitimate complaint about a console hacker in the all the time I've played online.



                                      Yeah that's really cool you admit to glitching . Yeah keep the game fresh. WTF! How old are you?
                                      • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                                        oh no epidemic
                                        lock this thread.

                                        fan boy war
                                        • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                                          Str1ker2

                                          Kastro187420 wrote:

                                           



                                          When I play, I rarely see people glitching, if ever. And even if they get under the map.. good for them, they can't fire through the bottom (I know, I've tried). In fact, just about the only person I ever see "glitching", is myself. And I only do it because Its the only way the game stays fresh to me. I've done literally everything there is to do in the game so far (Having completed EVERY challenge available).


                                          But anyway, hacking is alot bigger of a problem than you'll admit on PC. I know this because I watch the PC boards alot because I'm interested in Modding (Maps), and on many websites, I'm always seeing people girl about hackers.

                                          I have yet to actually hear a legitimate complaint about a console hacker in the all the time I've played online.



                                          No, its not that big of a problem as you make it out to be.  You watch the pc boards and that's your evidence?  You realize that most people complaining are whining because they don't' realize the amount of skills some players on on pc have, right?  You realize that if someone goes 100-20 people are quick to think they are cheating, right? You realize that when these happen they rage on pc boards which then becomes your evidence, right?  Give me a break.  Try playing on pc first before shooting your mouth off with random crap.
                                          • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be

                                            Kastro187420 wrote:

                                             


                                            I'm 20.. though I don't see what that matters. And when you're like me, and learn things very quickly, and have done literally everything, you have to keep yourself occupied.



                                            I am sorry . Didn't realize how big of a **** I was being.
                                            • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                                              Str1ker2

                                              Kastro187420 wrote:

                                               

                                              Actually, many of the complaints I see aren't about scores or anything like that. Its about people using Aim-Bots, Weapon-Mods, and other things of that sort, that is just about impossible to mistake for anything else



                                              Again, just because someone says something doesn't mean its true.  As for aim bots, a lot of people are just plain terrible and are quick to assume they are aim botting.  No, its actually quite easy to mistake for these things.  Of course, you're going off your evidence on forums so you have no idea what you're talking about anyway.
                                              • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                                                Craz3d
                                                I've gotten to lvl 55 in this Call of Duty 4 twice, and not a SINGLE time have I encountered any hacking or other exploitations.
                                                • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                                                  Str1ker2

                                                  Kastro187420 wrote:

                                                   


                                                  Forums, Videos, First Hand accounts from people who hack. Just because I'm not there to physically witness the hacking, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. Its common knowledge to anyone, that hackers have a field day on PC games. You might not encounter them every game, but you can't deny that hacking is so much worse on PC based games than Console Based.

                                                  Other people in this thread have even said that EVERY PC game has hackers. Denying they are there doesn't make them not exist.


                                                  I don't care if you see it on forums or videos.  What the hell is a first hand account?  How can you say something is so if you don't actually play the game for yourself and see?  No one is denying pc games have hackers.  Of course they do, that's not the point here.  We're saying you may hardly ever, ever run into one.  I personally have never ran into a server on cod4 which someone was cheating.  I'd guarantee you that you've seen more people glitch on maps on a console then you would see people who cheat on pc.  And if they were, they must have been terrible.  If I do run into one, who cares?  There's 20,000 other servers to join...
                                                  • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                                                    bamtoman

                                                    Kastro187420 wrote:

                                                     

                                                    Str1ker2 wrote:

                                                     

                                                    Kastro187420 wrote:

                                                     


                                                    Yeah that's really cool you admit to glitching . Yeah keep the game fresh. WTF! How old are you?

                                                    I'm 20.. though I don't see what that matters. And when you're like me, and learn things very quickly, and have done literally everything, you have to keep yourself occupied.

                                                    And besides, the only "Glitching" I do, is the occasional roof-top sniping. Hell, to be honest, most of the "glitches" in the game are harder to do than most of the in-game challenges they give you. Its actually funny when the glitches themselves require more skill than the actual game.

                                                    Actually, many of the complaints I see aren't about scores or anything like that. Its about people using Aim-Bots, Weapon-Mods, and other things of that sort, that is just about impossible to mistake for anything else.



                                                    Again, just because someone says something.  As for aim bots, a lot of people are just plain terrible and are quick to assume they are aim botting.  No, its actually quite easy to mistake for these things.  Of course, you're going off your evidence on forums so you have no idea what you're talking about anyway.



                                                    Forums, Videos, First Hand accounts from people who hack. Just because I'm not there to physically witness the hacking, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. Its common knowledge to anyone, that hackers have a field day on PC games. You might not encounter them every game, but you can't deny that hacking is so much worse on PC based games than Console Based.

                                                    Other people in this thread have even said that EVERY PC game has hackers. Denying they are there doesn't make them not exist.



                                                    The hacks or what you call mods in console are way much worse then the PC hacks. Yes there are hackers but little, I think you are just saying that majority of PC gamers are hackers. The console hacks are speed hack, god mode, unlimited ammo, aimbot, laser, etc.
                                                    • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                                                      BastardTrees
                                                      don't people that use hacks on the PC get banned via punkbuster anyway?

                                                      I don't see the issue...
                                                      • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                                                        finc.Loki

                                                        Kastro187420 wrote:

                                                         



                                                        Fanboy? Not quite. Us Console users are explaining that we don't experience hacking nearly as bad as PC users. And besides, WE aren't the ones ********, its the PC people who are stuck putting up with hackers.

                                                        Switching to a Console is literally just about the only way to avoid hacking. It doesn't eliminate it 100%, but it cuts it down so much, that you rarely hear the word "Hacker" on Consoles (ps3 anyway, never played online on 360).




                                                        Look, read through this thread and look at the platforms listed under the avatars.
                                                        All the complaining about hacking on PC are from people with 360 or PS3 under their names.
                                                        The ones with PC is trying to explain it is not that bad.
                                                        Now you wonder why I say "console fanboys".

                                                        Why would someone that is playing on a console even bother talking about a "problem" on the PC version.
                                                        The way you are talking is in a console fanboy tone saying how excellent it is without hackers and how bad it is on PC.

                                                        Let me tell you 90% of the kiddies that whine about hacking are talking about skilled players.
                                                        I get called hacker all the time.
                                                        Not my fault I go 50-4 in KD ratio in FFA HC whilst many of the others read 12-18 KD.
                                                        Automatically I can't be better than them so I hack.
                                                        Which I don't and never will.

                                                        You on the other hand admitted to glitching, that is a form of cheat since it is not intended by the game designers for you to go to those "areas".
                                                        I very seldom hear whiny 12 year olds screaming in voice either.

                                                        I play on servers that I know and get to learn the people that own and administer it.

                                                        Yes hacking happens on PC , but not as often as you delude yourself into thinking.

                                                        Just read the topic of this thread "waste another $60 on a PC game"
                                                        It is clearly just a bunch of BS talk.
                                                        I certainly would gladly pay $60 for a game with 600 hours of pure fun.
                                                        But, no the 360, PS 3 crowd immediately chime in with their thoughts regarding PC.
                                                        • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                                                          Str1ker2

                                                          FAMAS FAMAS wrote:

                                                           

                                                          don't people that use hacks on the PC get banned via punkbuster anyway?

                                                          I don't see the issue...


                                                          Eventually, yes.
                                                          • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                                                            finc.Loki

                                                            Kastro187420 wrote:

                                                             

                                                            Str1ker2 wrote:

                                                             


                                                            I don't care if you see it on forums or videos.  What the hell is a first hand account?  How can you say something is so if you don't actually play the game for yourself and see?  No one is denying pc games have hackers.  Of course they do, that's not the point here.  We're saying you may hardly ever, ever run into one.  I personally have never ran into a server on cod4 which someone was cheating.  And if they were, they must have been terrible.  If I do run into one, who cares?  There's 20,000 other servers to join...




                                                            Its only natural that not EVERYONE will run into a hacker. If you consider that, lets say even just 50,000 people play PC (I'm using a low-ball number to simplify), and lets say even 1% of PC people hack, thats still 500 people.

                                                            500 people against 49,500 others, of course most of them won't encounter hackers. Now amplify that number by how many people there really are playing on PC. Simple numbers will tell you that while not EVERYONE will run into a hacker, many still will.



                                                            Yes and you can get run over by a bus at a cross walk.
                                                            Give it a rest.
                                                            • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                                                              bamtoman

                                                              Kastro187420 wrote:

                                                               

                                                              Str1ker2 wrote:

                                                               


                                                              I don't care if you see it on forums or videos.  What the hell is a first hand account?  How can you say something is so if you don't actually play the game for yourself and see?  No one is denying pc games have hackers.  Of course they do, that's not the point here.  We're saying you may hardly ever, ever run into one.  I personally have never ran into a server on cod4 which someone was cheating.  And if they were, they must have been terrible.  If I do run into one, who cares?  There's 20,000 other servers to join...




                                                              Its only natural that not EVERYONE will run into a hacker. If you consider that, lets say even just 50,000 people play PC (I'm using a low-ball number to simplify), and lets say even 1% of PC people hack, thats still 500 people.

                                                              500 people against 49,500 others, of course most of them won't encounter hackers. Now amplify that number by how many people there really are playing on PC. Simple numbers will tell you that while not EVERYONE will run into a hacker, many still will.



                                                              Not really dude, most people of the 49,500 people won't meet a hacker reason one, the 500 people might have already been banned from many servers
                                                              reason two, PB could spot a "commerical" hack which is a hack that is only downloadable from hacking websites. People have to create their own hacks in order to prevent PB to spot it (And creating your hack is complicated and you need to have some knowledge of programming) No I don't hack I play the game for fun
                                                              • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                                                                finc.Loki

                                                                Kastro187420 wrote:

                                                                 



                                                                My point is, while you can say that 1% of people on PC spend time hacking (and I'm sure its probably a little higher), even less than that do so on Console. Which is what I was saying in my original post. The reason I play on Console, is because the probability of running into a hacker is so low, that its no even worth thinking about.

                                                                Meanwhile, on PC, people have to go through alot of trouble to prevent hacking, and to stop those that manage to successfully hack.

                                                                Its one of those things where its just easier to go onto a console and not have to worry about it at all.



                                                                How many on console are using sticks taped to their triggers to get almost full auto on weapons that are single shot?
                                                                Take a peak on you tube, what about modded controllers?
                                                                Here is a great advice you worry about problems that can happen on PS3 and we that ACTUALLY play the PC version worry about our end.
                                                                Is is a deal?
                                                                • Re: Are we going to waste another $60 on a PC game that will be
                                                                  bamtoman
                                                                  Damn Kastro187420 look at other people replies to you, maybe reading them?