23 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2009 2:26 PM by CrazyHand RSS

For Halo players.

wuut
      Okay so I got Halo 3 when I first got my 360, and I haven't really played it since the first day that I got it.
      Got kinda bored with CoD4 and decided to try out the Halo multiplayer, as I had never really gotten into it before. Passed through all the Basic Training etc. and tried out Team Snipers, and basically got whipped. It's not that I was having any trouble hitting enemies at all, but I always seemed to get killed in one shot, regardless of whether it was a headshot or not, whereas I always had to put two shots into an enemy to kill them.

So, any tips etc?
        • Re: For Halo players.
          xAsesinatox
          BE a noob and youll win i am not flaming :)
            iif0xh0undii
            I have more fun playing social matches than ranked. Just aim for the head essentially and when in close quarters shoot to body and follow with a melee.
              borat304
              Halo is kinda like algebra
              A+B=Win
              If they use A before you use B you will lose...

Shields are to blame for this...

Just play more you'll get better. Try green thumb controlls.
              Default = great for sniping
              Green thumb = great for everything else.

CrazyHand
                Try to get the battle rifle as much as possible. 4 bursts usually kills them in the head. Also if you love the assult rifle, play as a human because the elites have weaker damage for some reason... but yet I use them and do really good.
                  IWfan
                  The younger you are the better you are at Halo...no joke
                    N3wSpaRtA

Knights Armament Co. wrote:

The younger you are the better you are at Halo...no joke

Chromekatana

wuut wrote:

Okay so I got Halo 3 when I first got my 360, and I haven't really played it since the first day that I got it.
                      Got kinda bored with CoD4 and decided to try out the Halo multiplayer, as I had never really gotten into it before. Passed through all the Basic Training etc. and tried out Team Snipers, and basically got whipped. It's not that I was having any trouble hitting enemies at all, but I always seemed to get killed in one shot, regardless of whether it was a headshot or not, whereas I always had to put two shots into an enemy to kill them.

So, any tips etc?

Try to get the shotgun alot with a BR. A nice close up weapon with a small-large range weapon.

Go into forge mode and remember the layout of the maps. Also,even though map vairent change them,try to remeber where weapons spawn. This is very helpful so in normal matchs you want be running around with a Assault Rifle.

Also,try to the good old grenade trick! When some1 is aproaching you,and you have a Battle Rifle,you the grenade at the floor in front of you. If done right,this will take off almost all his shields and leave you to take off the rest with a burst shot to the head.
                        wuut
                        Yeah, I was doing pretty well in most Slayer matches that I played, finished first in quite a few, but I just can't seem to nail the sniper rifle, it always takes me two shots with it unless it's a headshot.
                          addition
                          Hit enemy with 3 to 4 bullets from the AR and melee.

Throw grenade at enemy, shoot in head with BR.

It's really not that hard.
                            wuut

wuut wrote:

Yeah, I was doing pretty well in most Slayer matches that I played, finished first in quite a few, but I just can't seem to nail the sniper rifle, it always takes me two shots with it unless it's a headshot.

ALIHISGREAT
                              Tips:-

(bold = power weapon)

Sniper = 1 shot headshot/2 shot anywhere else
                              BR = the best gun (think M16) 5 shots to the head in everything except MLG where it is 3 shots to body + 1 to head for the quickest kill
                              Assault Rifle = junk
                              Plasma Pistol = charge up to halt vehicles
                              Needler = Beast because of homing needles - but remember you have to empty the mag or the needles won't explode.
                              Plasma rifle = junk
                              Hammer = junk
                              Sword = crap... press 'B' to get a quicker swipe but press right trigger to lunge)
                              Rockets = effective and an important power weapon.

I covered most guns there...

but you basically have to play halo to become good at it because alot of it isn't skill... its simply knowing where the weapons are and how to use each weapon.

The best way is to watch some Halo 3 MLG on youtube and learn from how they use their BRs etc.

oh and Rumble Pit is full of n00bs to practice on.
                                spider xtc
                                I only play 'Team Swat'. I suggest you try that out if you haven't yet. Very quick gameplay where headshots count and teamwork is needed. I also recommend the following classic halo tactics: jumping works, vehicles own, battle rifle is your friend, weapons count, grenades grenades grenades. Assuming you are a decent gamer then I think in time, you will master halo.
                                  BruteShotHero
                                  throw frags around corners it helps
                                    ttaylor0024
                                    Look what i did in Halo today...:D

i didnt play well, but that guy is screwed...
                                      super beast89

ttaylor0024 wrote:

Lol nice ball stick:)
                                        ttaylor0024

super beast89 wrote:

ttaylor0024 wrote:

Lol nice ball stick:)

And that's how all the spartan's died
                                        [/Halo]
                                          GutsAndglory
                                          Try using the BR and aim for headshots with that, or throwing a frag grenade at someone to take out their shields and shoot them with the BR.
                                            ttaylor0024

GutsAndglory wrote:

Try using the BR and aim for headshots with that, or throwing a frag grenade at someone to take out their shields and shoot them with the BR.

Spike grenade to the genetically enhanced spartan testicles pwns.
                                              borat304
                                              The GEST system
                                              Genetically Enchanced Spartan Testicles.

Works like a charm ;0

SpringShot
                                                Don't put three people in a Warthog. Rolling death trap=free triple kills for the enemy team. You want someone driving and someone gunning.
                                                  Chromekatana

wuut wrote:

wuut wrote:

Well a few tips for sniper is to raise sensitivty. Also try just going for headsohts with it. Remember,Snipers are paitient and need to lineup their shot. Another thing is,Halo Sniper rifles pretty much shoot where you point so it is extremly easy to no-scope on there,so watch out and try that too.

CrazyHand wrote:

Try to get the battle rifle as much as possible. 4 bursts usually kills them in the head. Also if you love the assult rifle, play as a human because the elites have weaker damage for some reason... but yet I use them and do really good.

Actually, Elites do the same amount of damage. BUT they take more damage from Assault rifles because of their large size.
                                                    (More rounds hit because of their wide body, and thus they take more damage from many weapons)

The only real advantage of Elites is that it is difficult to headshot them from the front or back.
                                                    (Easy to headshot from the side, though)
                                                      CrazyHand

Dead Ninja1 wrote:

CrazyHand wrote:

Actually, Elites do the same amount of damage. BUT they take more damage from Assault rifles because of their large size.
                                                      (More rounds hit because of their wide body, and thus they take more damage from many weapons)

The only real advantage of Elites is that it is difficult to headshot them from the front or back.
                                                      (Easy to headshot from the side, though)

They all take the same damage from anygun BUT the assault rifle thing is true. I tested it out in a private match. Just go as far as the reticule can be red and try it out with an Elite and Spartan.