23 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2009 8:18 AM by frost16 RSS

How about

WillieStuder
      deducting points for deaths and getting points for downing helis!
        • Re: How about
          Hola Senior
          naw...
            Jehovahenker
            no, it's oké the way it is...
              FKGSparrow
              points for killing helicopters and Ac130 and what ever there will be would be awesome, cause that would make the ppl really shoot at them.
                Jehovahenker

FKGSparrow wrote:

points for killing helicopters and Ac130 and what ever there will be would be awesome, cause that would make the ppl really shoot at them.

True, didn't think of that ;) I forgot that people simply won't shoot the heli's in CoD 4 because they dont get points for it and dont realise they will get more deaths...
                  saltan

Jehovahenker wrote:

FKGSparrow wrote:

True, didn't think of that ;) I forgot that people simply won't shoot the heli's in CoD 4 because they dont get points for it and dont realise they will get more deaths...

you do get pounts but only once till you prestige again :)
                    Should have some XP for shooting down the helicopters. Would be good :)
                      Dwight.
                      They shouldn't deduct points for deaths, but I agree with points for taking down stuff like choppers.
                        FKGSparrow

saltan wrote:

Jehovahenker wrote:

FKGSparrow wrote:

you do get pounts but only once till you prestige again :)

and thats why there sould allways be points for you, and not only as a challange. Infact you have to get points when shoot down a AC-130, if you think about that that the player is in the AC-130.
                          kittypoo
                          I really don't think that would appeal to the casual gamer.  Which is what IW is trying so hard to do.
                            JohnnyNutman
                            u get points in ur match bonus for downing a chopper. however, i think it would be nice to get 10xp or 20xp as soon as u destroy them.
                              santadapker
                              yeaaa... okkkkkkaaaayyy
                                Nah.
                                  saltan

FKGSparrow wrote:

you do get pounts but only once till you prestige again :)[/quote]

and thats why there sould allways be points for you, and not only as a challange. Infact you have to get points when shoot down a AC-130, if you think about that that the player is in the AC-130.[/quote]

as far as i can tell from the multi player vedio you control the ac-130 with a laptop from the ground so find the player and kill him for your points. (i could be wrong but hopping i'm not)

JohnnyNutman wrote:

u get points in ur match bonus for downing a chopper. however, i think it would be nice to get 10xp or 20xp as soon as u destroy them.

If thats true then you dont need the extra xp.
                                    nitromedusa
                                    deducting points for deaths would make the game unpopulat for people that arnt going positive every game  and discurage people from playing but dowing helecopters would be a good idea
                                      Willthethrill_H
                                      Points for downing helicopters........................................YES!!!!!!!!!! No negative for getting killed though. How would noobs get past first rank?
                                        JohnnyNutman

saltan wrote:

JohnnyNutman wrote:

If thats true then you dont need the extra xp.

i think they should give it 2 u straight away instead of in the match bonus. then people know they are getting it and wont complain.
                                          FKGSparrow
                                          If you think about xp for downing a heli is much better, cause without bandoiler you dont even think about shooting the helicopter. but when you get something out of it, sure everyone would use their ammo for the heli.
                                            Noble Truce
                                            I strongly oppose getting points deducted for dieing. Maybe the Helicopter Idea could get in but honestly in ANY game I doubt you see people getting points deducted for dieing.
                                              saltan
                                              very true JohnnyNutman

but how would the points be worked out will all players who shot the chopper get the same points even if some did more damage then others.

its a nice idea but ill rather keep it to match bonus plus you could just tell your team that buy shooting it down we all get more exp end of game
                                                FKGSparrow

saltan wrote:

very true JohnnyNutman

but how would the points be worked out will all players who shot the chopper get the same points even if some did more damage then others.

its a nice idea but ill rather keep it to match bonus plus you could just tell your team that buy shooting it down we all get more exp end of game

assist points :) (I hate them)
                                                  swiminsausage
                                                  Yeah getting points for downing choppers would be nice, but then the choppers would get destroyed too quickly. Another killstreak wasted.
                                                    klawer

Dwight. wrote:

They shouldn't deduct points for deaths, but I agree with points for taking down stuff like choppers.

Agreed............w/ Dwight
                                                      frost16

Dwight. wrote:

My thoughts almost exactly.

But not too many points though, maybe make it like getting two kills.