9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2009 10:17 AM by Dwight. RSS

Tactical Insertion

FourZeroTwo said in an interview you can set them in search and destroy.
      So what is stopping me from setting one behind the enemies spawn for the next round?
      telixion
        • Test #1
          Re: Respawn Flares
          I dont think he said SnD
          Last Edited: Sep 17, 2009 1:41 PM
          • Test #1
            You may be able to get away with it for one round, but remember the fact that the enemy can destroy it and it only lasts for one respawn.
            Last Edited: Sep 17, 2009 1:42 PM
            • Test #1
              Yeah, I don't think he was talking about S&D... that would defeat the purpose of on respawn gametypes.
              Last Edited: Sep 17, 2009 1:44 PM
              • Test #1
                I heard him say that too, maybe he mispoke?
                Last Edited: Sep 17, 2009 1:45 PM
                • Test #1
                  Go to 6:20 of the video found here and he talks about it!
                  <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.giantbomb.com/modern-warfare-2-interview/17-1374/">http://www. giantbomb.com/modern-warfare ... w/17-1374/</a><!-- m -->
                  Last Edited: Sep 17, 2009 1:50 PM
                  • Test #1
                    Re: Tactical Insertion
                    What's to stop you from doing that? Nothing.
                    However, they're bright flares that the enemy can easily see, and just wait for you to spawn. Or they can just destroy it, so you get spawned normally.

As for S&D, it will probably disappear after each round, same as all other stuff like C4 etc.
                    Last Edited: Sep 17, 2009 1:56 PM
                    • Test #1

Dwight. wrote:

What's to stop you from doing that? Nothing.
                      However, they're bright flares that the enemy can easily see, and just wait for you to spawn. Or they can just destroy it, so you get spawned normally.

As for S&D, it will probably disappear after each round, same as all other stuff like C4 etc.

Hm I would still like to see some developers ideas on this.
                      Last Edited: Sep 18, 2009 10:15 AM
                      • Test #1
                        Noobs these days.

Fourzerotwo wrote:

There are no respawns in Search and Destroy. That was my bad. Was rambling and said CTF (which is accurate) and S&D, when I was meaning to say Demolition (which is a new gametype).

Last Edited: Sep 18, 2009 10:16 AM
                        • Test #1

There are no respawns in Search and Destroy. That was my bad. Was rambling and said CTF (which is accurate) and S&D, when I was meaning to say Demolition (which is a new gametype).

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.infinityward.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=100902&p=1951298#p195 1298">viewtopic.php?f=13&t=100902&p=1951298#p1951298</a><!-- l -->
                          Last Edited: Sep 18, 2009 10:17 AM