1 2 3 4 Previous Next 60 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2013 12:11 PM by UndreamtStone Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: Who to blame for all the issues... (hint: project manager)
        Lt_Latency
        Well again correct me, if I'm wrong but i'm pretty sure the PS3 is already ahead of patches over the 360 because it's free for them.

This is all second hand info i have heard about.    I have never actual confirmed it myself.   So there is a chance i am wrong about all this.

I just heard PS3 was a ahead in patches.   Like the network patch and the nerf to the 1887 and X-box 360 was behind do the the patch fee charge to companies by microsoft
        • 11. Re: Who to blame for all the issues... (hint: project manager)
          m40a3 user
          they should be working even harder after the release, its a given with a game this big
          • 12. Re: Who to blame for all the issues... (hint: project manager)
            Link n Load
            I think the bigger problem is not they relaxing and being off.
            But they dont telling us, not communicating so we just rattel around here.
            They could make a post about "we worked our asses off" some staff is taking off resulting in some things goeing slower as usual.
            • 13. Re: Who to blame for all the issues... (hint: project manager)
              boris360

Lt_Latency wrote:

ROFL,  They are not our slaves.

Sure there are problems here and there but nothing that says

"Zomg, You better code day and night while you fans whip you until every single player has the perfect game from their point of view.

Seriously some of you people need a reality check.

Yeah give them a vacation. Just not immediately after release. Even then, the vacations could be staggered so that there are always people available to sorts stuff out. That's the REALITY of business. At the end of the day, they're are the ones that get bitten in the ass for not organising things properly because it just makes them look slapdash! To compare them to slaves is ridiculous. They'll gross hundreds of millions of OUR dollars for this so put the violin away please!
              • 14. Re: Who to blame for all the issues... (hint: project manager)
                jorge wreemas
                Well we can blame the no recoil assault rifles on people that thought the m16 wasn't overpowered in cod4.

What happened was that you had people that complained that it had zero recoil and no sway. Then you had people who said it was fine. So what IW did was make all the assault rifles balanced to the m16.

Now people that said the m16 wasn't overpowered in cod4, tell me that the assault rifles aren't overpowered in mw2!
                • 15. Re: Who to blame for all the issues... (hint: project manager)
                  EGNeoMorph
                  @Lt_Latency

OK so we should expect shoddy work as a matter of fact and they we should be honoured that they coded a game for us to play even though we were expected to pay MORE than any other game on the market atm?

Say you are waiting for a new DVD to come out and you take it home and it skips scenes and some scenes keep repeating themselves. You would be rather annoyed yes... you could then take it back an get your money back. Unfortunately with software you CAN'T take it back if you have opened the box even if the game is the biggest POS out. So what can we do? Just say "No matter, it was only £43." and write it off? HELL NO!

What I do expect to get when I open a game box is a finished or very nearly finished software package. I think in this instance the sheer fact that IW was so obstinate in that they didn't need a public beta test has ended up kicking themselves in the nuts. If they had of done the public beta test and allowed extra time then the game would have had a MUCH better launch. As it is though, the public image of IW is now of a company that doesn't give a crap about their customers... that they just want the money and then they can go off and have a nice long vacation while the people who have paid for said vacation are screaming about the bugs and glitches ruining their game.

I'm just wondering what the kids will say when they join the community on Christmas Day! If IW hasn't bogged off for a month the many problems could have been nearer to being sorted by the time the Xmas Pressie crowd join up.
                  • 16. Re: Who to blame for all the issues... (hint: project manager)
                    leatherfaace
                    @Lt_Latency
                    why would microsoft charge fees to xbox, xbox is owned by microsoft...
                    • 17. Re: Who to blame for all the issues... (hint: project manager)
                      Lt_Latency
                      Not to X-box.   They charge them to the 3rd party game developers.

It how microsoft like to make money they build the base platform and pinch you here and there for each cash.

The logic behind it is.

It makes companies think twice before going with a launch it and patch it style of development.
                      It makes them extra coin.

Again.  I have never read anything offical about that.   I have just heard people talk about it.

As for the game,  There are problems but they are not as bad as people make them out to be.

People don't understand how hard it is to catch some of these glitches.   Sure, some times you get messed over but for the most part it's not too bad.
                      • 18. Re: Who to blame for all the issues... (hint: project manager)
                        PwGTsP
                        @Jorge Wreemas   Assault rifles arent overpowered in MW2......
                        • 19. Re: Who to blame for all the issues... (hint: project manager)
                          boris360

Jorge Wreemas wrote:

Well we can blame the no recoil assault rifles on people that thought the m16 wasn't overpowered in cod4.

What happened was that you had people that complained that it had zero recoil and no sway. Then you had people who said it was fine. So what IW did was make all the assault rifles balanced to the m16.

Now people that said the m16 wasn't overpowered in cod4, tell me that the assault rifles aren't overpowered in mw2!

I think you're right that they boosted the other guns to M16 status but they could have easily just added some sway to the M16 and that would have been it, job done! They must've known themselves that the M16 was overpowered just by looking at the sheer number of people using it and how much more effective it was. The problem with taking the sway and recoil from a fully auto weapon is it becomes a death laser. The ACR is ridiculously accurate, even when you hold the trigger down.

Edit: and if people say "the ACR is ok because it doesn't have as much power" It doesn't need it because as soon as the first round lands, the other guy is f*Cked because you can no longer keep your gun still enough to counter them. The person getting hit has an epileptic fit with their gun flailing in the air.
                          1 2 3 4 Previous Next