1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 60 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2013 12:11 PM by UndreamtStone Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: Who to blame for all the issues... (hint: project manager)
        dzs Awez0me
        Why not first fix the game , then release it ?? Like in the good old days
        • 21. Re: Who to blame for all the issues... (hint: project manager)
          EGNeoMorph

awez0me wrote:

Why not first fix the game , then release it ?? Like in the good old days

Dude I hear you... The ones responsible are Microsoft with Xbox Live allowing the developer to patch the title after launch. I bet all the devs were rubbing their hands like Scrooge and saying something like...

"RAWR.... We don't have to totally finish a title before releasing it now... we can haul in some cash while we fix the title and say to the players 'Ooops, sorry... we really thought it was OK' and then rush through patches afterwards."

In Ye Olde Days of the Playstation (no number) where sometimes you had to turn the thing over for it to read the disc) the titles were almost perfect in detail. I played many Playstation titles and not one made me rant the way I have come across games on Xbox Live. Even the original Xbox had better finished games than the 360.

Today it is all about Money, Money, Money... Credit Crunch means more money grabbing even if the title needs more work. Why we paid extra for MW3 I have NO clue whatsoever.
          • 22. Re: Who to blame for all the issues... (hint: project manager)
            Dwight.
            They're a company. They make money. Some people seem to forget that and see IW as their own personal slaves.

Why not first fix the game , then release it

You realise that it really doesn't work like that, right?
            • 23. Re: Who to blame for all the issues... (hint: project manager)
              EGNeoMorph

Dwight. wrote:

They're a company. They make money. Some people seem to forget that and see IW as their own personal slaves.

Why not first fix the game , then release it

You realise that it really doesn't work like that, right?

Worked on the original Xbox and Playstation...
              • 24. Re: Who to blame for all the issues... (hint: project manager)
                Dwight.

EG NeoMorph wrote:

No, it really didn't. Are you seriously suggesting that games on the original Xbox and Playstation were completely glitch-free?
                • 25. Re: Who to blame for all the issues... (hint: project manager)
                  dzs Awez0me

Dwight. wrote:

EG NeoMorph wrote:

No, it really didn't. Are you seriously suggesting that games on the original Xbox and Playstation were completely glitch-free?

They where definitly not as unfinished as todays games.
                  • 26. Re: Who to blame for all the issues... (hint: project manager)
                    Dwight.

awez0me wrote:

Dwight. wrote:

EG NeoMorph wrote:

But you never said anything about them being 'a bit unfinished'. You implied that games that got released were perfect.
                    • 27. Re: Who to blame for all the issues... (hint: project manager)
                      dzs Awez0me

Dwight. wrote:

awez0me wrote:

Dwight. wrote:

EG NeoMorph wrote:

But you never said anything about them being 'a bit unfinished'. You implied that games that got released were perfect.

In my oppinion games of the past where almost perfect( i never said they where perfect), they had theyrelaws and the one or other bug here or there but they where finished,they where ready to sell,ready to release. in the case of MW 2 (and most other gamers that came in the "last time") its far from finished. There lots of bugs glitches exploits and the whole balancing isnt finished. i know they have to keep timeline for theyr product. but thats not my roblem. i whant to get a finish3ed highly qualitative product , not a half finished beta version. And ill gladly accept a delayed release if its needet. And in MW2 it would definitly be needet.I mean i grew up with delayed releases , but in the end it was totaly worth it. Today everygame gets patched patched patched and patched again, then the sequel comes and the strory starts again. But whatever. Check my Sig, Quakelive FWD . Its free its awesome its QUAKE
                      • 28. Re: Who to blame for all the issues... (hint: project manager)
                        Vaaaan
                        To be fair, games are a lot more complex than they used to be, but it's also interesting to note that nobody's been complaining about glitches in campaign mode or spec-ops.

And Dwight, you're missing the point by so much that it seems deliberate. Nobody ever said IW employees are our slaves. I'm suggesting that with the development process they use, design->build->release->patch, it probably would have been a smart move from a business standpoint to keep the programmers in the studio after launch (and everyone else involved in making patches). So in other words, whoever dictated the project timeline would be at fault, whether it be someone at IW or Activision, I really have no idea who it would be.

Instead of guaranteeing everyone a month of paid vacation, they could have told everyone that for two months after launch they could have paid vacation as long as all major glitches are patched. This not only would have solved the current problem, but also would have given everyone extra incentive during the development process to design a flawless game.

Again, I'm just suggesting an idea, personally I'm having a great time with the game.
                        • 29. Re: Who to blame for all the issues... (hint: project manager)
                          bkblazer
                          Out of all the problems and glitches in the game, the only one that I would have legitimately encountered is the 1887 akimbos. All the other glitches were exposed and abused by jerks that spend their time searching for these holes. I blame IW for creating a great game that I'll continue to enjoy for the next year.
                          1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next