13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2010 10:20 AM by phoenixrageZERO RSS

boosting?

phoenixjm57
      Im not a play till you die gamer.  I am simply a programmer who plays for fun and something to do with your friends.  I read all the time on these post about Boosting.   somebody please inform my nondiehard self what the flip you mean by Boosting. Because what boosting appears to me doesn't make any sense in the terms of what i read on these post.
        • Re: boosting?
          CorrectJeans
          If you play some FFA, you'll figure it out pretty quick.
            phoenixjm57
            barely play that one..  more of a team and hardcore team deathmatch person.. I may have to play a bit to see what you mean. aint' like i really care about my ratio enough to worry about dieing alot in FFA
              mboy86
              Unfortunately, people often use "boosting" too much and the meaning gets mixed up. To me, these "boosters" are those that use glitches or other means not meant to be put into the final product of the game to "boost" their own scores and way up the leaderboards. For instance, if you were to look at the top of the worldwide leaderboards you would see people without rank that have outrageous numbers that are so easy to tell as being boosted.

To me that is the most serious of the boosting. There are people that get into 3rd Person Cage Match and invite a buddy into the lobby so they can take turns shooting each other to get headshot challenges and other challenges. This isn't "glitch boosting" to me but it still isn't the way the game is meant to be played and you're not technically earning your points the way you're supposed to. A perfect example of this is when you get the 10th Prestige level 70 people who constantly make new accounts, boost in "boosting lobbies" and then sell the account for microsoft points online.

It's pretty obvious to me when someone isn't really maxed out because they usually suck really bad (like 3-10 or worse bad lol). It is ashame that these people do this though because then some people who really earn their rank get called boosters just because they have a high rank. I have a friend who has a K/D of 1.12, is 6th Prestige, and is in the top 5,000 in score. He gets called a booster all the time when in fact he is just someone who plays the game a lot. Sorry for the long post, but I hope this helped clear up what boosting really is.
                RazzLee
                The boosting that you are likely hearing about the most lately is the FFA boosters. Two or more guys sit in a corner of the map that typically sees low foot-trafic. One guy kills the other over and over until he has a large kill-streak. then he lets loose with his streak bonus and reeks havoc on the board. Ultimately they go for the nuke.

Now, the argument is that "they are not hurting anyone" and we should leave them alone. That is BS. If you are using a kill-streak bonus on the entire lobby and they have to die over and over even though you didn't legitimately earn the bonus...that is impeding the natural flow of the game.

Please not that it's not ONLY FFA. That just happens to be the easiest place at the moment.
                  jamesiscummins
                  This is why I try not to play FFA to much.  I do run into them from time to time playing search, that is where the only time ricochet comes in handy, because you can run in between them while one of them is shooting and it instantly kills them.  On hardcore team you can just shoot your team mate.

I ran across this link earlier [url:2olu2j4z]http://forums.xbox.com/31003175/ShowPost.aspx[/url:2olu2j4z], so unfortunately "nuke boosting" or "riot shield boosting" won't get someone banned.

This is my "boosting buster" class
                  Any AR with grenade launcher
                  rpg
                  scavenger
                  semtex or frag
                    knucklesamitch
                    Well this thread has cleared something up for me as well...When I got close to reaching 1st prestige (which I have never done in any previous CoD), I started playing 3rd person Cage Match because I realized the matches are quick and you can earn a decent amount of bonus XP.

3rd Person Cage match quickly became my favorite game mode because there's just somethign about the 1-on-1 aspect that I really like...People pop into a lobby and say "headshots?" all the time, I had (until now) no idea what the hell they were talking about, and since there's really no need to wear a mic for Cage Match, I've never responded, which usually results in people  leaving the lobby, or worse (the option which annoys me), is realizing I'm not partaking in their stupid "headshots" BS and quitting after I got 1 or 2 kills on them.

Here's what I don't get (maybe because I'm not 12)...Do people really care that much about prestiging multiple times (even though it gets you nothing other than a stupid symbol) that they are willing to sacrifice their kill/death ratio?
                      r6ixer

Here's what I don't get (maybe because I'm not 12)...Do people really care that much about prestiging multiple times (even though it gets you nothing other than a stupid symbol) that they are willing to sacrifice their kill/death ratio?

First off being 12 has nothing to do with prestige's anybody any age can do this there is no requirement. Second of all if you actually knew anything about prestige's a)you unlock more create a class's and b)you unlock new titles. Third prestige's also do not affect your K/D ratio, YOU DO.. so basically stfu noob unless you know what your talking about
                        knucklesamitch
                        I never said you had to be 12 to prestige...The intention of my post was to ask the following question:

Do players really care that much about unlocking new symbols/titles that they sacrifice their kill/death ratio?    I'm fully aware that you impact your kill/death ratio depending on your skill in the game, but by "boosting", your voluntarily adding deaths.

You're obviously a ******* idiot, and your probably one of those people I meet up with in Cage Match who says "headshots" then quits 20 seconds in when I don't partake in your douchebaggery.
                          RdKetchup
                          If they take turn boosting, they should end up with a 1:1 KD for those matches, so unless their ratio is already over 1.0 (and lets face it, boosters are no talent punks, so that would be quite surprising), it should help their overall ratio.

Basically boosters are trying to get various titles they cannot get trough talent.  Things like getting 2 headshots from a single sniper bullet, calling nukes, calling AC130s, headshots to unlock camos for various weapong etc...
                            knucklesamitch
                            I guess that's where the concept loses me...The title/emblem I use has no effect on gameplay, and I don't care what color gun I use.
                              zXSwordXz
                              I disrupt these booster a couple time.  I saw one where one guy had a tactical insertion hidden in the corner where no one goes. So the tactical insertion makes him spawn in the same spot so his buddy can keep killing him for the nuke.  If you watch the scoreboard, you can figure it out because you'll see one guy zero deaths and another guy have massive deaths.
                                Scorm
                                Nuke Boosting
                                <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Nuke_Boosting">http://callofduty.wikia.c om/wiki/Nuke_Boosting</a><!-- m -->
                                  phoenixrageZERO
                                  in regards to that xbox forums link, i'd like to say that if enough people brought up the point of how it still ruins the flow of the game, then i'm pretty sure the ppl on XBL will start looking at it differently.  On paper, they are right, since they aren't hacking or glitching, but they are showing poor sportsmanship and like others have siad, it does effect the game for the rest of the people in the lobby, which IMO, should be a bannable offense.