1 2 3 Previous Next 77 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2010 6:14 PM by Nick716 RSS

Fix the Desert Eagle **Updated with Pics**

JAlenX06
      Fix the broken sights and the horrendous recoil. The gun is practically unusable. If you aim at someoene's chest, and you shoot, the second shot is above them. You call that balanced?

Post here if you agree that the Desert Eagle needs a fix.

EDIT: Pic for recoil comparison.

You get the magnum earlier, it has less recoil, and it's stronger. Basically makes the Desert Eagle obsolete.
        • 1. Re: Fix the Desert Eagle
          JAlenX06
          bump
          • 2. Re: Fix the Desert Eagle **Updated with Pics**
            PROx Texas
            its a .50 cal. has hecka kick
            • 3. Re: Fix the Desert Eagle **Updated with Pics**
              Tactical Snook
              shoot it in real life and see what your target looks like then come back and whine. you cant make up the ballistics of a gun thats made in real life.
              • 4. Re: Fix the Desert Eagle **Updated with Pics**
                Chrisx95x
                i agree, DE never gets kills for me. i know, im not the best player, but it shouldnt have the kick it does. does give it its cod4 stats...
                • 5. Re: Fix the Desert Eagle **Updated with Pics**
                  egypt 003
                  **** it. The game's broken and watered down in so many ways that things like this don't even matter. It sucks and all, but rather than hope for select improvements, I think we should more or less start mourning the cod franchise. mw2 killed it.

If they fixed everything that needed it, they might as well start from scratch on a new game... it's just, y'know, nobody would buy it.
                  • 6. Re: Fix the Desert Eagle **Updated with Pics**
                    JohnMatrix117
                    I loved the deagle in MW1. I think everyone used it too much (so much more than the other pistols) and so they erred on the side of caution and made it terrible this time around. I'd like to use it but I have had crap luck with it in this game.
                    • 7. Re: Fix the Desert Eagle **Updated with Pics**
                      JAlenX06

PROx Texas wrote:

its a .50 cal. has hecka kick

The Scar also shoots a higher caliber than the F2000, but has more recoil.
                      • 8. Re: Fix the Desert Eagle **Updated with Pics**
                        HolmyJ
                        Those images are terribly inaccurate, because:

1. Guns recoil differently every time you shoot them. One time, it could hardly move, another time, it could have incredible recoil. The recoil is random for each shot.
                        2. Pistols are semi-automatic. Not only that, but with the patch they put in - they put it in CoD4, as well. Pistols besides the Desert Eagle are garbage now in CoD4... I always used the Colt .45 because of its fast recoil and I could get 8 shots off and kill a guy really fast... now, it takes about 2 whole seconds to empty a clip. It used to take me about half a second, or less. Anyway, the maximum rate of fire for the pistols vary between 500 and 550 RPM, dependent upon which gun. If the person who took those photos shot those guns at different rates of fire (very likely, unless he has a modified controller which he could set to, say, 500 RPM), then that is a major uncontrolled variable.

I agree, though. I have one kill with the Desert Eagle in MW2 - but I've only used it one game - and that was on someone standing still. I've gone head-up against someone using an automatic, and man, it sucks.
                        • 9. Re: Fix the Desert Eagle **Updated with Pics**
                          JAlenX06

HolmyJ93 wrote:

Those images are terribly inaccurate, because:

1. Guns recoil differently every time you shoot them. One time, it could hardly move, another time, it could have incredible recoil. The recoil is random for each shot.
                          2. Pistols are semi-automatic. Not only that, but with the patch they put in - they put it in CoD4, as well. Pistols besides the Desert Eagle are garbage now in CoD4... I always used the Colt .45 because of its fast recoil and I could get 8 shots off and kill a guy really fast... now, it takes about 2 whole seconds to empty a clip. It used to take me about half a second, or less. Anyway, the maximum rate of fire for the pistols vary between 500 and 550 RPM, dependent upon which gun. If the person who took those photos shot those guns at different rates of fire (very likely, unless he has a modified controller which he could set to, say, 500 RPM), then that is a major uncontrolled variable.

I agree, though. I have one kill with the Desert Eagle in MW2 - but I've only used it one game - and that was on someone standing still. I've gone head-up against someone using an automatic, and man, it sucks.

Well, he said he shot two clips into the wall, not just one, so I guess it sort of tests the variable. You can't deny that the recoil for the Desert Eagle isn't bad though. It takes almost a full second to have the gun calm down after each shot. It needs to be fixed.
                          1 2 3 Previous Next