30 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2010 6:11 AM by CODfanboy2k9 RSS

    Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?

      This may be one of my biggest pet peeves. In my opinion, no matter how smart you really are, whatever you post on here (or anywhere) lacks credibility if you can't spell a 5 letter word correctly, form a complete sentence, or punctuate properly. Try learning the correct usage of the words there, their and they're, yes, they're (not there) all different. You don’t always put an apostrophe on a word with an "s" on the end. I know there's people on here from all over the world, and to those of you to whom English is a second language, no offense meant. Actually, some of you write better than most American high school students.
      Thanks for reading my rant. Sorry to whoever it might have offended.
      Member
      charlie0824
        • Test #1
          Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?
          tooo b4d thiz is teh interwebs and not every1's nativ3 tongue is Engrish
          Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 9:05 AM
          • Test #1
            Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?
            I learnt mine grammar here an me spelling too. :)
            Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 9:10 AM
            • Test #1
              Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?
              Thanks to two wonderful men in my life I can spell and speak properly. Thank you Mr. Boring and Mr. Ellis for not allowing me to be a stupid 1337 douche-y kind of person. (Ha ha ha) Is it bad that I speak some Spanglish? Anyways I have a challenge someone write a sentence using they're, their and there. I'm bored. ^_^
              Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 9:15 AM
              • Test #1
                Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?

                DEATHRACERCHEVY wrote:

                 

                Thanks to two wonderful men in my life I can spell and speak properly. Thank you Mr. Boring and Mr. Ellis for not allowing me to be a stupid 1337 douche-y kind of person. (Ha ha ha) Is it bad that I speak some Spanglish? Anyways I have a challenge someone write a sentence using they're, their and there. I'm bored. ^_^




                There was once two men and their friends who decided they’re going to dinner.
                Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 10:09 AM
                • Test #1
                  Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?

                  charlie0824 wrote:

                   

                  This may be one of my biggest pet peeves. In my opinion, no matter how smart you really are, whatever you post on here (or anywhere) lacks credibility if you can't spell a 5 letter word correctly, form a complete sentence, or punctuate properly. Try learning the correct usage of the words there, their and they're, yes, they're (not there) all different. You don’t always put an apostrophe on a word with an "s" on the end. I know there's people on here from all over the world, and to those of you to whom English is a second language, no offense meant. Actually, some of you write better than most American high school students.
                  Thanks for reading my rant. Sorry to whoever it might have offended.



                  You must be new to blogging and forums...or this whole thing Al Gore invented we call "The Internet".

                  I would give you a pass and dismiss this post as a joke, but i think you really are serious...You do realize forums are made up of people from all over the world, not just your neighborhood?  Some of the people on here do a pretty good job considering their second language is english...and there have only been a couple of threads that i couldn't understand the message the person was trying to get across.

                  Don't come on here and play english teacher and vocab police.  I can't believe you haven't been flamed off of the board completely.  I'd rather read a post with misspelled words and bad vocab that actually makes a good point about MW2 (this is the right forum right?) than garbage like this...
                  Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 10:28 AM
                  • Test #1
                    Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?
                    the sad tw--- ,get a life it just a web-site ,the information is more imortant than the formation,
                    thought in your case .......
                    Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 10:36 AM
                    • Test #1
                      Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?
                      Some people do not know english that well but it's not a problem for me as long as I can understand what people are trying to express. Personally, I mostly learned some grammer by self educating myself through reading various books (My school does not offer any grammer classes so I took matters into my own hands).
                      Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 11:01 AM
                      • Test #1
                        Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?
                        Maybe you should "axe" Obama where he learned his and go from there. He will tell you that he got it from the "internets".
                        Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 11:14 AM
                        • Test #1
                          Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?
                          I aggree, eduKate urself's u bunche' of tards....
                          Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 11:14 AM
                          • Test #1
                            Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?
                            from "doin you mom" of course.. i'm just sayin
                            Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 11:41 AM
                            • Test #1
                              Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?
                              Finally, someone posted this!  I was thinking about it, but I am far to lazy.  Thank you for telling these children.

                              Also, when you spell a word wrong a big red line appears under it.  All you have to do is right click the word and it will be spelled(<---I actually think that word is very wrong) correctly, please learn how to do this kids!!!
                              Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 12:03 PM
                              • Test #1
                                Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?
                                diz iz the internetz u gremmer na zi!!11!1!

                                n diz s a mw2 forum!!! nut essay writing contezt!!111!!!1!eleven!!!
                                Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 12:09 PM
                                • Test #1
                                  Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?
                                  I lernt in skewl.

                                  Seriously, as bad as that is, what is worse is the long rants with run on sentences and no paragraph breaks.  These old eyes can't be bothered to get past 2 lines.
                                  Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 12:15 PM
                                  • Test #1
                                    Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?
                                    When a post is too terrible to read, I just say "What a retard" and hit the backspace key. It's pretty simple.
                                    Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 12:22 PM
                                    • Test #1
                                      Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?
                                      Finally, someone posted this! I was thinking about it, but I am far to lazy. Thank you for telling these children.

                                      Also, when you spell a word wrong a big red line appears under it. All you have to do is right click the word and it will be spelled(<---I actually think that word is very wrong) correctly, please learn how to do this kids!!!

                                      knot on my computer grandad
                                      Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 12:50 PM
                                      • Test #1
                                        Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?

                                        el camper wrote:

                                         

                                        the sad tw--- ,get a life it just a web-site ,the information is more imortant than the formation,
                                        thought in your case .......



                                        Here's the perfect example!

                                        @digthewells - I was half joking and didn't mean to offend anybody. I also kinda knew I would get flamed a little, it doesn't really bother me.  I did address the fact that some people on here don't speak English as a first language and might not be "from my neighborhood". Thanks for revoking my Vocab Police badge.
                                        Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 12:56 PM
                                        • Test #1
                                          Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?

                                          el camper wrote:

                                           

                                          Finally, someone posted this! I was thinking about it, but I am far to lazy. Thank you for telling these children.

                                          Also, when you spell a word wrong a big red line appears under it. All you have to do is right click the word and it will be spelled(<---I actually think that word is very wrong) correctly, please learn how to do this kids!!!

                                          knot on my computer grandad



                                          Damn I actually thought you were making gramatical sense until I realised you'd erased the quotes lol, the true meaning of slight of hand eh :)

                                          I <3 you el camper keep up the good work and ignore the grammar reich, they use instuction manuals while ' making love ' :)
                                          Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 1:08 PM
                                          • Test #1
                                            Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?

                                            Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?



                                               
                                                I would not, could not, in a box.
                                                I could not, would not, with a fox.
                                                I will not eat them with a mouse.
                                                I will not eat them in a house.
                                                I will not eat them here or there.
                                                I will not eat them anywhere.
                                                I do not eat green eggs and ham.
                                                I do not like them, Sam-I-am.
                                            Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 1:16 PM
                                            • Test #1
                                              Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?
                                              can you help me with this please,apart from one laps of spelling .my original post is gramaticly correct
                                              terse but correct are you all americans this could be the problem


                                              el camper wrote:
                                              the sad tw--- ,get a life it just a web-site ,the information is more imortant than the formation,
                                              thought in your case .......
                                              Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 1:31 PM
                                              • Test #1
                                                Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?

                                                el camper wrote:

                                                 

                                                can you help me with this please,apparte from one laps o spelling .my post is gramaticly correct
                                                are you all americans this could be the puoblem


                                                el camper wrote:
                                                the sad tw--- ,get a life it just a web-site ,the information is more imortant than the formation,
                                                thought in your case .......



                                                Just one lapse in spelling ???
                                                Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 2:15 PM
                                                • Test #1
                                                  Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?

                                                  charlie0824 wrote:

                                                   

                                                  I know there's people on here from all over the world, and to those of you to whom English is a second language, no offense meant.


                                                  I know there are people on here from all over the world, and to those of you whom English is a second language, no offense meant.

                                                  :)
                                                  Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 2:22 PM
                                                  • Test #1
                                                    Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?

                                                    th3sundanc3kid wrote:

                                                     

                                                    charlie0824 wrote:

                                                     

                                                    I know there's people on here from all over the world, and to those of you to whom English is a second language, no offense meant.


                                                    I know there are people on here from all over the world, and to those of you whom English is a second language, no offense meant.

                                                    :)



                                                    lol :)
                                                    Last Edited: Mar 5, 2010 2:30 PM
                                                    • Test #1
                                                      Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?
                                                      probably in school, from someone like you, an anal perfectionist.
                                                      Last Edited: Mar 6, 2010 10:53 PM
                                                      • Test #1
                                                        Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?
                                                        Why are you posting on mw2 forums that you are obsessed with other people's grammar?  No one gives a **** about your opinion.  I wish I could reach through this monitor and slap you.
                                                        Last Edited: Mar 6, 2010 10:59 PM
                                                        • Test #1
                                                          Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?
                                                          as long as ppl understands what ur writing, it doesn't really matter about grammer

                                                          especially not the difference of there, their, they're
                                                          Last Edited: Mar 6, 2010 11:14 PM
                                                          • Test #1
                                                            Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?
                                                            prison
                                                            Last Edited: Mar 6, 2010 11:22 PM
                                                            • Test #1
                                                              Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?
                                                              To be honest english isn't my main luanguage , and i'm still learning but however ist not alays easy for me due to trying new things to change some ways to not use always the same words as i always do.

                                                              i'm from belgium so english isn't my main luanguage.
                                                              Last Edited: Mar 7, 2010 2:44 AM
                                                              • Test #1
                                                                Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?

                                                                el camper wrote:

                                                                 

                                                                can you help me with this please,apart from one laps of spelling .my original post is gramaticly correct
                                                                terse but correct are you all americans this could be the problem


                                                                el camper wrote:
                                                                the sad tw--- ,get a life it just a web-site ,the information is more imortant than the formation,
                                                                thought in your case .......



                                                                You mean apart from having way to many commas and lets not forget the lack of capital letters.

                                                                Just so you know your sentance should look like this;

                                                                The sad tw--. Get a life it just a web-site and the information is more important than the formation.
                                                                Thought in your case.

                                                                It doesn't take much to type a corrct sentence, add paragraphs or press one of the shift keys to create a capital letter. To be honest using the correct grammar and spelling in your posts will allow more people to read them and take them seriously.

                                                                Here are a few links for Firefox users:
                                                                <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3366">https://addons.mozil la.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3366</a><!-- m --> (UK English)
                                                                <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3497">https://addons.mozil la.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3497</a><!-- m --> (US English)

                                                                For Internet Exploer users
                                                                <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://download.cnet.com/ieSpell/3000-12512_4-10208550.html?part=dl-ieSpe ll&subj=uo&tag=button">http://download.cnet.com/ieSpell/3000-1 ... tag=button</a><!-- m --> (Canadian, UK and US English)
                                                                Last Edited: Mar 7, 2010 5:52 AM
                                                                • Test #1
                                                                  Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?

                                                                  dazmaz wrote:

                                                                   

                                                                  el camper wrote:

                                                                   

                                                                  can you help me with this please,apart from one laps of spelling .my original post is gramaticly correct
                                                                  terse but correct are you all americans this could be the problem


                                                                  el camper wrote:
                                                                  the sad tw--- ,get a life it just a web-site ,the information is more imortant than the formation,
                                                                  thought in your case .......



                                                                  You mean apart from having way to many commas and lets not forget the lack of capital letters.

                                                                  Just so you know your sentance should look like this;

                                                                  The sad tw--. Get a life it just a web-site and the information is more important than the formation.
                                                                  Thought in your case.

                                                                  It doesn't take much to type a corrct sentence, add paragraphs or press one of the shift keys to create a capital letter. To be honest using the correct grammar and spelling in your posts will allow more people to read them and take them seriously.


                                                                  If you're going to criticise and correct someone, at least do it properly.
                                                                  Last Edited: Mar 7, 2010 6:01 AM
                                                                  • Test #1
                                                                    Re: Where did you learn your spelling and grammar?
                                                                    not related in anyway to mw2, locked
                                                                    Last Edited: Mar 7, 2010 6:11 AM