26 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2010 2:30 PM by Nms9807 RSS

New Prestige Challenges

I was thinking of some Prestige/Regular challenges since I've been away from MW2 for 2 weeks and here's a few ideas I thought of.

Newest ideas :

"Ace!" Kill the entire enemy team in a round of Search and Destroy (Min. of 4 players). Would be accompanied by the Ace of Spades emblem and a title that reads "Ace!" with the background looking like the money titles, except the money is the aces in a deck of cards.

Accolade challenges. Get X amount of X accolade.

Get X amount of kills with a certain camouflage.

10/25/100/500/1000 kills by no scoping with a sniper

10/25/100/500/1000 kills with ____ attachment. (This would give us a use for the shotgun attachment or the holographic sight. They could be specific for guns or they could just be with whatever attachment.

Never-ending challenge. Get 1,000 kills with every attachment on every gun. >:). That would be a crazy ass challenge. Title could be Get Some Sun or Your Family is Worried (I think these were with 10th prestige achievements for WaW

Also I'd like to see an update where you don't actually have to look down the Red Dot Sight or the ACOG to actually get the kills for it..

Get 1,000 kills on [Map Here]. This would give people a reason to buy the Map Pack or even not to skip certain maps.

Prestige challenges for equipment. Not just getting 30 kills. I want a challenge that makes us have to get 1,000 kills with it.

Most of these challenges would be very tedious, but honestly, I want a goal in this game. The titles/emblems gave me one. Once I finish those it'll be finishing all the guns, then all the killstreaks. But I will still want more by then. This would show who the true players are.

Give some suggestions of what you would like to see.
        • Re: New Prestige Challenges
          Geemaa
          I wouldn't mind 1000 kills for equipment

1000 kills for semtex - Title: The Sticky

lololol
            Are you guys retarded!? I'm 10th Prestige 57 and have THOUSANDS of headshots to look forward to getting LEGIT during the remainder of the year... this alone has got me almost to tears... 2500 headshots for each weapon! This is jokes already!
              GUNN3R
              @alian aruba - you do realize it's 2500 kills and 1000 headshots, correct? which still isn't difficult. if you used the same gun for 300 kills per each prestige you should be somewhere around 700-800 headshots by the time you get 10th 70. i'm a 10th 70 and working on perk challenges (effing sitrep and lightweight need to go home). but, i wouldn't mind more challenges. although there's plenty more than in call of duty 4, i wouldn't mind more. what are we supposed to do when all the challenges are completed? play for fun? play for rank? the leaderboards are so messed up it gives us no reason to shoot for top 50,000 or 10,000 etc. i was 38th in wins that was my drive to continue playing - now i'm 19,000.

but, yes. i would like more attachement challenges. more prestige challenges. map challenges. etc. maybe not no-scoping challenges just because kids who do that are called "montage" by my party and it takes 100% luck and 25% skill.
                @GUNN3R

I agree about pretty much everything, but the no scoping thing would just be in there for ***** and giggles. It'd be nice to see how many no scopes you've gotten, which I get a lot of.

Haha I think the guy before you is clueless.. 2500 headshots for each gun? Since when? It's always been 100. There wasn't many things to do in CoD4 though. Get golden guns I guess was everyone's goal, but after that it was boring when you did everything.

Come on guys let's hear your suggestions!
                  Crazy224
                  1000 kills with deagle = gold deagle
                    @Pepperz

I never even thought of that! That'd be awesome.

Maybe with 1,000 kills with every attachment on a secondary you could get a camo on it. Red Tiger on the Javelin = orgasm. Well not really but that'd be kick ass haha.

Yeah. If they did this there would be no reason to hack for Shotgun camos or Gold Deagle, then maybe idiots wouldn't waste 20 dollars for it.
                      RJPWNS

Ext3rMiiNat3 wrote:

I was thinking of some Prestige/Regular challenges since I've been away from MW2 for 2 weeks and here's a few ideas I thought of.

10/25/100/500/1000 kills by no scoping with a sniper

10/25/100/500/1000 kills with ____ attachment. (This would give us a use for the shotgun attachment or the holographic sight. They could be specific for guns or they could just be with whatever attachment.

Never-ending challenge. Get 1,000 kills with every attachment on every gun. >:). That would be a crazy ass challenge. Title could be Get Some Sun or Your Family is Worried (I think these were with 10th prestige achievements for WaW

Also I'd like to see an update where you don't actually have to look down the Red Dot Sight or the ACOG to actually get the kills for it..

Get 1,000 kills on [Map Here]. This would give people a reason to buy the Map Pack or even not to skip certain maps.

Prestige challenges for equipment. Not just getting 30 kills. I want a challenge that makes us have to get 1,000 kills with it.

Most of these challenges would be very tedious, but honestly, I want a goal in this game. The titles/emblems gave me one. Once I finish those it'll be finishing all the guns, then all the killstreaks. But I will still want more by then. This would show who the true players are.

Give some suggestions of what you would like to see.

The bolded point is a terrible idea because it avoids using the attachment for it's challenge, which is stupid. All though you have great ideas, the map challenges would be awesome.
                        @RJPWNS

I don't really think it's a bad idea.. I'd rather be able to just slap Steady Aim on a UMP and hipfire with the ACOG to get the Thermal rather than have to try to aim with it.

Plus in the beginning of my prestiges I'm torn between getting a Holographic sight or getting steady aim done which I have yet to successfully do.

Thanks for the input though.
                          RJPWNS

Ext3rMiiNat3 wrote:

@RJPWNS

I don't really think it's a bad idea.. I'd rather be able to just slap Steady Aim on a UMP and hipfire with the ACOG to get the Thermal rather than have to try to aim with it.

Plus in the beginning of my prestiges I'm torn between getting a Holographic sight or getting steady aim done which I have yet to successfully do.

Thanks for the input though.

it would be more conveinient because some guns perform terrible with some attachments but it makes no sense to give them the challenge for it if they din't have to use it. That is why mastery is called mastery because you must learn to use all the attachments (well, 1st level). It would be conveinient but not logical.
                            @RJPWNS

It doesn't really make a big difference.. I mean 20 kills isn't that hard to come by anyways.

I really just wish they would have put some thought into the challenges.. Why have the exact same challenge no matter what gun it is?

I'd say 15 kills with an ACOG on the SMG would be good, but maybe 30 on the AR or Sniper because those are meant to be used long range.. UMP isn't.

It's a ***** to get the 40 FMJ kills with a SMG too..I hate having to give up my silencer but oh well.. Game isn't perfect and they won't change it now.
                              RJPWNS

Ext3rMiiNat3 wrote:

@RJPWNS

It doesn't really make a big difference.. I mean 20 kills isn't that hard to come by anyways.

I really just wish they would have put some thought into the challenges.. Why have the exact same challenge no matter what gun it is?

I'd say 15 kills with an ACOG on the SMG would be good, but maybe 30 on the AR or Sniper because those are meant to be used long range.. UMP isn't.

It's a *** to get the 40 FMJ kills with a SMG too..I hate having to give up my silencer but oh well.. Game isn't perfect and they won't change it now.

I know it doesn't make a difference which is more of the problem, it should require 50 kills with ACOG imo, because it shows that you can adapt which is more appropriate for the challenge. I also agree that it should be different for different guns, but I would not decrease any of the challenges that are set right now, they should be more challenging to show that you really can adapt and come through strong.

RJPWNS wrote:

I know it doesn't make a difference which is more of the problem, it should require 50 kills with ACOG imo, because it shows that you can adapt which is more appropriate for the challenge. I also agree that it should be different for different guns, but I would not decrease any of the challenges that are set right now, they should be more challenging to show that you really can adapt and come through strong.

What I'd really like to see is more perk challenges.. I mean I get stopping power done before I'm level 25 yet I haven't even come close to getting Lightweight 5 done yet. I could get Ninja Pro done in one night and not even destroy 10 devices with Sitrep on in one night.. I really wish they would have thought out the challenges a little bit better..

Like why is Lightweight 100+ miles longer than Marathon?

Also going back to secondary challenges.. I would love to see them come out with a camo on shotguns..Not just modding but an actual camo selection. I'd love to have an Arctic SPAS-12 :D or a blue Striker.
                                  Just thought of some new challenges.

How about accolade challenges? Get [accolade] 1000 times and you'd get some emblem.

What about Camo challenges? Get X kills while using Arctic Camo..

Anything at all to spice the game up would be awesome.
                                    RJPWNS

Ext3rMiiNat3 wrote:

RJPWNS wrote:

What I'd really like to see is more perk challenges.. I mean I get stopping power done before I'm level 25 yet I haven't even come close to getting Lightweight 5 done yet. I could get Ninja Pro done in one night and not even destroy 10 devices with Sitrep on in one night.. I really wish they would have thought out the challenges a little bit better..

Like why is Lightweight 100+ miles longer than Marathon?

Also going back to secondary challenges.. I would love to see them come out with a camo on shotguns..Not just modding but an actual camo selection. I'd love to have an Arctic SPAS-12 :D or a blue Striker.

Again I fell that no challenges should be easy to do.

Also lightweight take more miles because marathon is constant sprint wich allows for even more travel than lightweight if you to go strait to the a certain milestone (ex. 100 miles)

RJPWNS wrote:

Also lightweight take more miles because marathon is constant sprint wich allows for even more travel than lightweight if you to go strait to the a certain milestone (ex. 100 miles)

I agree to a certain extent. They really didn't put the challenges on the same level though. 40 bullet penetration kills with an AR or LMG is easier than with a Sniper (I've been using FMJ since I unlocked it on the Intervention. I have close to 400 kills now and 5 penetration kills.)

Is it 750 or 1,000 kills with SP? I can't remember. But that is far easier than say.. Shooting down what is it 250 Enemy killstreaks? I can't remember that either.

I guess I should pay more attention to the game :P, but you get my drift.
                                        RJPWNS

Ext3rMiiNat3 wrote:

RJPWNS wrote:

I agree to a certain extent. They really didn't put the challenges on the same level though. 40 bullet penetration kills with an AR or LMG is easier than with a Sniper (I've been using FMJ since I unlocked it on the Intervention. I have close to 400 kills now and 5 penetration kills.)

Is it 750 or 1,000 kills with SP? I can't remember. But that is far easier than say.. Shooting down what is it 250 Enemy killstreaks? I can't remember that either.

I guess I should pay more attention to the game :P, but you get my drift.

Yeah I understand what your saying.

Also I believe sP is 1000.
                                          One more idea : Get so many kills in a certain game mode. This would give me a reason to play Sabotage or 3rd Person.

Solo Challenge : Kill the entire enemy team by yourself in a round of Search and Destroy.

Title would be ACE! and the background would be the Ace of Spades similar to the Money ones.
                                            RJPWNS

Ext3rMiiNat3 wrote:

One more idea : Get so many kills in a certain game mode. This would give me a reason to play Sabotage or 3rd Person.

Solo Challenge : Kill the entire enemy team by yourself in a round of Search and Destroy.

Title would be ACE! and the background would be the Ace of Spades similar to the Money ones.

That is a great idea.
                                              blackangel209
                                              Just an idea for getting the sniper FMJ kills. For me, Blinging a thermal seems to help as it lets me see them easier. Might not work well for some but just a possibility. It'll still take a damn long time, though. Haha

blackangel209 wrote:

Just an idea for getting the sniper FMJ kills. For me, Blinging a thermal seems to help as it lets me see them easier. Might not work well for some but just a possibility. It'll still take a damn long time, though. Haha

I can't really snipe without Sleight of Hand Pro anymore to be honest. I've mastered the Intervention, .50 Cal, Scar, M4A1 (Three times tyvm.) and UMP so I made it work somehow haha.

It's really just easiest to do it the old fashion way. Slap on FMJ and just use it 'til your done.
                                                  blackangel209
                                                  Oh I didn't mean to say any other way wasn't better. Maybe I just suck with sniper rifles lol (this seems most likely)
                                                    Yeah I know what you meant. Thermal does really help me snipe.

I also notice I get so many more headshots when I use Thermal. Maybe there's an aim-assist with Thermal that makes it go toward the head more often? Or maybe just being able to make out their head from the rest of them makes a difference.
                                                      Any other guys want to post?
                                                        CantSkiForSheet

Any other guys want to post?

Your topic is dead, don't try and bump it back to the top of the Forum boards.

Your topic is dead, don't try and bump it back to the top of the Forum boards.

Well thanks for the post :). You just did exactly what I did too.

Sorry I think that these are good ideas, and instead of making a new post which would just add more posts to this already flooded forums, why not just revive the old ones?

Also I didn't feel like typing all that **** out again.

Have a good one.
                                                            Just added the things in all the random posts to the first post so it's neater.