29 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2012 11:54 PM by The-Duck-On-Quack RSS

A VOTE (POLL): Which would you rather have happen?

Exigos Mortis
      Wishes being fishes, which would you rather see:

A. The ability for people to rank up more quickly and easily, and obtain titles, call-signs, camos and emblems without having to actually "work" to earn them.

B. Game types like FFA, TDM, DOM and GW being infected with boosters who essentially affect not only the outcome of public matches, but tend to force other players who are not there to boost to change the way the currently game type is being played altogether.

You MAY choose only one.
      You do not have to justify your choice, or explain it in any way.

You MAY NOT suggest another choice. There is only A or B in this poll.
        • Re: A VOTE (POLL): Which would you rather have happen?
          A definitely. I hate boosters in FFA's, although I do enjoy killing them having a Turtlebeach. They have earned me quite a few titles as well. :)
            RockyTheSniper.
            none m21 and wa200 taking out of the game and replace them with m40a3 and r700 thats what i would like to happen and stop WHINNING! lol
              Exigos Mortis

RockyTheSniper. wrote:

none m21 and wa200 taking out of the game and replace them with m40a3 and r700 thats what i would like to happen and stop WHINNING! lol

The instructions for this poll were very simple and I tried not to use any BIG words so simpletons like you would understand. I guess I failed.

Your off-topic banter is nothing more than noise, and that is the definition of whining. Perhaps you might want to start your own poll about replacing sniper rifles? In the meantime, don't come back to this thread until you have something relevant to say... like A or B.
                RockyTheSniper.
                emmm no i disagree with both A is u moaning about how slow it takes to lvl and some titles emblems hard to get which i dont care about becz i have already got the 1000 headshots with the intervention what wasnt hard and i dont care about how long it takes to rank up and B well thats u moaning again u can easly kill the boosters so all i can see is u moaning so i diasgree with both and IW have more important things to take care of which they probably arent even taking care of becz there too busy swimming in money and same can be said to activision who are worse than IW
                  Exigos Mortis

RockyTheSniper. wrote:

emmm no i disagree with both A is u moaning about how slow it takes to lvl and some titles emblems hard to get which i dont care about becz i have already got the 1000 headshots with the intervention what wasnt hard and i dont care about how long it takes to rank up and B well thats u moaning again u can easly kill the boosters so all i can see is u moaning so i diasgree with both and IW have more important things to take care of which they probably arent even taking care of becz there too busy swimming in money and same can be said to activision who are worse than IW

Read into it whatever you will. I fail to see how anything I am asking can be considered moaning, since I never said anything about my personal opinion on the matter in to OP. In fact, I only asked which you would choose without providing any specific connotation (negative or positive) about either choice. However, by reading your response, I derive that you don't agree with either one, which begs the question WTF are you here except to start trouble?
                    RockyTheSniper.
                    well it does look like ur moaning about boosters and about how long it takes to lvl and about the titles and emblems(there just pointless ive just got ''get to the choppa'' and a pic of a chopper cz i dont care about them cz the nuke ones mean nothing becz of boosters) otherwise why did you put only them 2? and im not here to cause trouble are you?
                      Big Stick Vet
                      B

People will still boost, even if it's easier.  May as well make it more challenging for those of us that enjoy playing straight up.

(sorry for not following the rules to the letter)
                        Exigos Mortis

RockyTheSniper. wrote:

well it does look like ur moaning about boosters and about how long it takes to lvl and about the titles and emblems(there just pointless ive just got ''get to the choppa'' and a pic of a chopper cz i dont care about them cz the nuke ones mean nothing becz of boosters) otherwise why did you put only them 2? and im not here to cause trouble are you?

It is funny that you read all that into what I posted. Truth is that I don't care how long it takes to lvl up or obtain titles. I think all that is just fine. Although, you are right if you think I am irritated to exhaustion with boosters. Call it moaning if you will, but when I want to play FFA, I don't think it is an unrealistic expectation to actually play FFA instead of hunting boosters. Same with DOM or GW or anything else. It is, IMHO, just contrary to game play to stop capping flags and concentrate on killing the boosters when domination is supposed to be about capping flags. I think we can agree there.

And now the question of the hour. Why did I put only those 2 choices?
                        Let's be realistic, IW is not going to put code changes in to deal with boosters. They are not going to remove TI, they're not going to remove "Join Session in Progress", they're not going to disallow private chat, they're not going to change the behavior of TI, etc...etc...etc.

So, what is one thing they "might" do? They might consider bringing back cage match with a 30 kill limit, since it requires no code changes, no certification with MS and no real work at all. The two choices I provided can be read as

A: Bring back cage match. Who cares how they rank up or get their titles and emblems, etc.

B. Do not bring back cage match. I enjoy hunting boosters and I am okay with the "you never know what you're going to get when you choose to play DOM, or FFA, or GW" idea.

Since you think titles and emblems are just pointless, I guess if you HAD to choose you would choose A?
                          Exigos Mortis

Big Stick Vet wrote:

B

People will still boost, even if it's easier.  May as well make it more challenging for those of us that enjoy playing straight up.

(sorry for not following the rules to the letter)

It's fine. I did not say that you couldn't explain, just that you don't have to if you don't want to.
                            kidjete
                            Sorry this goes against your rules but if they would just remove titles and emblems all together there would be far less boosting, especially nuke boosting which is the most annoying of all.
                              Exigos Mortis

kidjete wrote:

Sorry this goes against your rules but if they would just remove titles and emblems all together there would be far less boosting, especially nuke boosting which is the most annoying of all.

That's fine.... but if you only had 2 choices, which would you choose?
                                Bismuth von Pherson
                                The two options are so horribly biased it's not even funny.

But 'A'.
                                  Exigos Mortis

Bismuth von Pherson wrote:

But 'A'.

No doubt about it... they ARE horribly biased. But I am trying to be realistic.

If you were IW/Activision and you didn't give a crap about boosters messing up public matches and heard the community was tired of it, then how would you answer these questions from the community:

Q: Hey IW/Activision, can you remove TI from free for all?
                                  Would you answer be: Sure, we will devote 80 man hours to making the code change, then 80 man hours to testing it, then send it off to MS for certification, then spend another 10 man hours deploying it?

Q: Hey IW/Activision, can you change the way TI works so you can't kill the same person X times in a row with it?
                                  Would you answer be: Sure,we will devote 10 man hours trying to understand the best logic to employ, then we will devote 80 man hours to making the code change, then 80 man hours to testing it, then send it off to MS for certification, then spend another 10 man hours deploying it?

Q: Hey IW/Activision, can you <insert whatever idea requires a CODE change here>?
                                  Would you answer be: Sure, we will devote XX man hours to XXXXX, then XX man hours to XXXXX, then send it off to MS for certification, then spend another 10 man hours deploying it?

Q: Hey IW/Activision, can you please bring back cage match in any form with a 30 kill limit?
                                  Would you answer be: Sure, we will spend the 2-3 hours to deploy a plat list update?

If you were IW/Activision and felt compelled to do at least something, which would you choose?
                                    bballer03
                                    @Mort,

I have given my opinion to you many times on this subject, and I think 99% of the time we agree. I would choose (A).

My reasoning might differ from yours. I would choose (A) because I know IW LOVES it that there are boosters...Why? Because boosters paid for this game as well. If they tried to "rid" of boosting, they would lose a portion of players that actually enjoy boosting.

Just to throw a number out there, lets say that 25% of the MW2 community cheats (boosts, hacks, etc). So if IW does everything they can to stop cheaters, they will no doubt turn away 25% of their buyers because those people only want to play there way, and there way is cheating. Maybe they only have fun when they can cheat as sad as we think that is. And maybe they keep playing because they can cheat. So, if cheating was taken away, they might not want to play or pay for there next game.

Now, some people might say that they will lose legit players if IW doesn't stop the cheating. But I think we can agree that no matter how much we complain about cheaters, lag, game mechanics, cheat tatics or whatever, we still find MW2 fun and we WILL buy the next COD game.

I guess I am saying, give them somewhere away from all of us to go cheat. Allow us to play legit games. Who cares about Titles/Emblems, and if you do, be proud if you get them legit, who gives a crap if other people don't think you got them legit?

Sorry so long, but I think some people need to take a different approach to boosting. It is a money maker for IW, and they won't do anything to stop it. We might as well make a booster lobby so we can have fun in our legit matches.

Simply put, I agree with you. :)
                                      Cl1vo
                                      OP
                                      You sound like a booster trying to justify his dirty little secret.
                                        Cronniss

But 'A'.

^^^^
                                        This.

To make the "poll" fair, you need to have a third ('C') option: None of the above.

Which is what I would choose.

The game is really not that difficult.  And it doesn't really take that long to level up.  Its just that the boosters, modders and hackers (all cheaters) are too lazy to take the time to play the game the way its meant to...but for some reason can take the time & energy to work around it.
                                          Freshkid85
                                          as much as i hate the idea of giving boosters a place to boost its better then lossing a match to them in FFA or having to waist time to hunt them, it can be fun hunting but the effort to get to them while being shot in the back by the other players because there not paying attention is annoying
                                            I SniFF GLuE
                                            A,

I think it would be for the best.

It's pretty sad that the community can't be trusted to obtain things fairly through their own effort.
                                              kidjete

Exigos Mortis wrote:

kidjete wrote:

That's fine.... but if you only had 2 choices, which would you choose?

Well I guess A since you're holding the gun to my head.
                                                Exigos Mortis

Cronniss wrote:

But 'A'.

^^^^
                                                This.

To make the "poll" fair, you need to have a third ('C') option: None of the above.

Which is what I would choose.

The game is really not that difficult.  And it doesn't really take that long to level up.  Its just that the boosters, modders and hackers (all cheaters) are too lazy to take the time to play the game the way its meant to...but for some reason can take the time & energy to work around it.

This is my poll. It does not have to meet your criteria of "fairness". The only thing it has to do is meet my criteria to answer a very specific question to which there are only two choices.

In case you have difficulty reading between the lines, this poll is really asking this question:

Would you rather that boosters were able to boost in cage match or that they continue ruining public game types like FFA, DOM, GW, etal?

See, there is no need for a third option, because "neither" (that you suggest) will never happen. If boosters don't have cage match, they will boost in FFA, etc... that is a fact of life.
                                                  Exigos Mortis

Freshkid85 wrote:

as much as i hate the idea of giving boosters a place to boost its better then lossing a match to them in FFA or having to waist time to hunt them, it can be fun hunting but the effort to get to them while being shot in the back by the other players because there not paying attention is annoying

Very well said. I have actually left a match with boosters telling all the non-boosters that I hope the boosters get a nuke on their dumb-asses. This was after the fifth or sixth nube toob while I was trying to stop the boosters.
                                                    Sethdoom

B, i choose to justify my choice. Without boosters I wont be able to constantly join games and destroy their fun to help YOU the player out. We cant stop it, but we can supress it.

kwama

A of course. A doesn't effect the gameplay while B does.