22 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2010 3:24 PM by yeoldesierra RSS

Re: callofduty.com forums

Not for a few years. Can't stand that place.
      Dwight.
        • Test #1
          That place is just like the bungie forums.  There are a few intelligent posters, but as soon as you try to talk intelligently people start flaming you and calling you stupid or a noob if you think that Call of Duty has flaws in any way.
          Last Edited: Dec 6, 2010 7:38 PM
          • Test #1
            Id rather not deal with all the "OMG patch snipers!" bs >.>
            Last Edited: Dec 6, 2010 8:00 PM
            • Test #1
              I sometimes try to talk sense into, people, only to be barraged with insults. Also, now half of the place is "watch my awesome tomahawk kill".
              Last Edited: Dec 7, 2010 3:31 AM
              • Test #1
                Haven't been able to post over there in over 3 weeks.  When you click post a reply it just reloads the page I'm looking at......

I don't go there any more and just use the Steam Forums to talk about BO
                Last Edited: Dec 7, 2010 5:21 AM
                • Test #1
                  IMO the forums right now are worse than they ever were here, pre or post release of MW2. It seems like there are just more dumb people there, in one place, then there ever should be.

BTW the last "there" that I used in my post, is that the right form?
                  Last Edited: Dec 7, 2010 5:21 PM
                  • Test #1
                    Nope, never even signed up. I laugh at something occasionally if someone links me. A lot of the better posters seem to be the old old old people from here and before though.
                    Last Edited: Dec 7, 2010 5:33 PM
                    • Test #1
                      I frequent the CODHQ. Too bad it is the most crappiest forum ever made and logs you out every time you try to make a post. >_>
                      Last Edited: Dec 7, 2010 5:42 PM
                      • Test #1
                        I signed up for it about 6 months ago and I've made 100ish posts. The forum is unbearable, full of idiots basically.
                        Last Edited: Dec 8, 2010 10:52 AM
                        • Test #1

S.Kelly wrote:

I sometimes try to talk sense into, people, only to be barraged with insults. Also, now half of the place is "watch my awesome tomahawk kill".

In all fairness, the Tomahawk IS f*cking awesome.
                          Last Edited: Dec 9, 2010 8:44 AM
                          • Test #1
                            Lol, people are complaining about Ghost over there, and are coming up with the worst suggestions possible.
                            Last Edited: Dec 9, 2010 8:47 AM
                            • Test #1

S.Kelly wrote:

Lol, people are complaining about Ghost over there, and are coming up with the worst suggestions possible.

Ghost is pretty annoying.. When the entire team camps with it and you are a guy who loves to run UAVs...
                              Last Edited: Dec 9, 2010 10:13 AM
                              • Test #1

Jassie wrote:

S.Kelly wrote:

Ghost is pretty annoying.. When the entire team camps with it and you are a guy who loves to run UAVs...

LOVE Ghost.
                                Last Edited: Dec 9, 2010 10:43 AM
                                • Test #1
                                  Ghost has always been part of CoD, and all of the 1st tier perks are balanced IMO.
                                  Last Edited: Dec 9, 2010 3:30 PM
                                  • Test #1
                                    I gave up with the CODHQ when I tried several times to simply REPLY to a post and never got further than that. Nor could I find any tutorials for how to fix it (like some of the stickies we have in Site Discussions)
                                    Last Edited: Dec 9, 2010 5:56 PM
                                    • Test #1

PandasFANBOY wrote:

ghost annoys me but you gotta deal with it. its not as bad as One Man Army Tubers.

Fix'd
                                      Last Edited: Dec 9, 2010 8:43 PM
                                      • Test #1

Addddam wrote:

I gave up with the CODHQ when I tried several times to simply REPLY to a post and never got further than that. Nor could I find any tutorials for how to fix it (like some of the stickies we have in Site Discussions)

I've been fairly lucky with this issue, but it seems my luck has gone dry. Ever since somone posted about it its been doing it to me.
                                        Last Edited: Dec 10, 2010 8:31 AM
                                        • Test #1

PandasFANBOY wrote:

do you go on the callofduty.com forums (black ops forums)

i did back in the day, but now it feels like its slow and buggy. also the community their fails, but thats probably because BO just came out.

Herbert the Nice wrote:

Too bad it is the most crappiest forum ever made and logs you out every time you try to make a post

Funny how their Forum mirrors the performance of their game eh ?
                                          Last Edited: Dec 10, 2010 9:07 AM
                                          • Test #1
                                            Well i like it being quiet here, let them sort it out over there, its working fine here :D
                                            Last Edited: Dec 10, 2010 12:31 PM
                                            • Test #1
                                              I do use the CallofDuty.com forums, as well as the Infinity Ward forums. However, I find that they are quite buggy sometimes. I haven't posted there in a while, as when I choose to create a new post it simply redirects me back to the thread I was reading. Apparently, the best thing to do in this situation is to delete cookies. Great, but I'm not entirely sure how to delete an individual cookie in Google Chrome.
                                              Last Edited: Dec 10, 2010 2:26 PM
                                              • Test #1

YeOldeSierra wrote:

I do use the CallofDuty.com forums, as well as the Infinity Ward forums. However, I find that they are quite buggy sometimes. I haven't posted there in a while, as when I choose to create a new post it simply redirects me back to the thread I was reading. Apparently, the best thing to do in this situation is to delete cookies. Great, but I'm not entirely sure how to delete an individual cookie in Google Chrome.

does it have an option like this site does at the bottom to delete all board cookies?
                                                Last Edited: Dec 10, 2010 2:43 PM
                                                • Test #1

YeOldeSierra wrote:

Great, but I'm not entirely sure how to delete an individual cookie in Google Chrome.

Preferences > Under the Hood > Content Settings > Cookies > Show cookies/other data.
                                                  Last Edited: Dec 10, 2010 3:07 PM
                                                  • Test #1
                                                    Thanks Dwight! I didn't know how to do that in Chrome, embarrassingly. I hope it works, but I'll check it later. :)
                                                    Last Edited: Dec 10, 2010 3:24 PM