1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 5,813 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2014 5:14 AM by xXMJIOLNIRXx Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread
        Rhinosaur
        I know we all have great ideas on how to improve the MW3 experience, but I just am not going to let my head get in the clouds. Main reason: look at the situation. IW got turned upside down. With all the regrouping, reorganizing and just trying to get back to normal, they lost a considerable amount of planning time...which happens almost as soon as MW2 is shipped.

I'm expecting much, much more of the same. I think graphically we will get almost the same exact game. I'm also expecting a repeat of how killstreaks are set up. The only hope I have is that the noob tube situation is addressed. If noob tubes are going to be the same, I will trade it in and they'll get zero DLC purchases from me.
        • 21. Re: MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread
          Jash
          I didn't think the BO Apparel in multiplayer even looked that good. They did their job yeah, but they looked like they were made by a collection of drunk homeless people who's resources were from the city dump.

EDIT: ^^^ The Black OPS faction in multiplayer I mean.

Anywho, I don't want to offend anyone when I say this but I think COD is really only the biggest FPS out there because of the audience between 8-14. It's why I would like to see the 3-5-7 streak return. COD sort of (Mw2 Especially) seemed to promote so many things that younger rascals wanted. MW2 had High Superficial Killstreaks, Quickscoping and ridiculous perks all of which appealed greatly to those younger kids.

All three of those things created a really bad environment within the game. Because of Superficial Killstreaks you have camping-killstreak whores. With Quickscoping you have plenty of people trying to create montages, trickshots (you know, thinking their cool and have skill) and bunch of other bull plus QS is just sad and cheap. Then you have Game-Breaking and Cheapy perks such as OMA, Danger Close and Commando which I shouldn't even need to go into full detail for.

It doesn't help that their is a bad enough camping, hacking and cheap tactics community within games. So making this game balanced is almost key and MW2 should be the greatest example of what not to do.

MW3 is going to be the last straw for me. If the Dev's can't clean up the mess that was in MW2 then I'm afraid I won't buy another COD game >.>
          • 22. Re: MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread
            Jenny
            Glad i'm not the only one at least :3

I have to say i'm looking forward to the dual scopes attachment, Having a sight for short and long range combat on weapon sounds promising,I just hope they can make the Acog actually worth a damn this time. I always found having a longer aim time for a acog to be a halfarsed counter, especially when the over the top added recoil isn't worth it just for a slightly more zoomed in aim.
            • 23. Re: MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread
              alexjt22
              I quite like the 3-5-7 killstreak set up also because its so damm simply, its easy to balence, it would also bring balence in other areas on the game like perks and it becomes about gun on gun action again.

On the other hand i would miss some of the fun you have with user controlled killstreaks and also there would be a lack of innovation that a 3-5-7 killstreak set up would have on the killstreaks and that is not what the game needs right now its close to becoming stale for many i speak to.

I just cannot see the 3-5-7 killstreak happening i remember the amount of people asking for barebones before black ops and i look at the numbers on that gamemode and its in the low thousands compared to tens of thousands for all of the normal gamemodes and the same applies to the classic(3-5-7) gamemode for black ops.

I think what the game needs is a more diverse playlist allowing for many gamemodes and gametypes unlike now where if you want to play the classic gamemode you have to play TDM they need to sort that out. Many people  just dont get to play the way they want right now and are forced to play gamemodes or types they dont like because there is no other choice for them. We need more choice or the ability to make custom games.
              • 24. Re: MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread
                IF IW implemented all these variations, the playerbase would be way too split up. Assuming they aren't bringing in dedis, the less people in a gamemode the more likely you'll find a lower quality game with higher ping, thus taking away from the overall experience.
                • 25. Re: MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread
                  What would you guys think of a new hardcore mode idea? To add even more realism, I believe the implementation of a reload system like Battlefield 2's would be pretty amazing. If you haven't played BF2, the player is given a number of magazines, not bullets.(I believe it's either 5 or 6 mags) So if you are a reload freak like me, you will run out ammo extremely fast. If this were implemented, I believe it would add a great feature to the MP. And if they want to keep the standard hardcore mode, maybe add a Hardcore+ mode. I've also posted this idea in the SP section for a Veteran+ mode. Give comments or ideas about either.
                  • 26. Re: MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread
                    venom33321
                    infity ward, you guys should have  the way mw2 multiplayer was because it was much smoother and better then black ops and everybody loved it,you guys should also keep the accuricy and steadyness the same. like for snipers,you guys should still put the barret .50 cal and intervention.those are the sniper we are expecting to have back and also DON't change the way you scope in the sniper . dont try to take take quickscoping please.keep the amin perks the same like sleight of hand,stopping power and steadyaim. keep them in the same spots. having the perks where  you put them in mw2 were perfect combos. i think that was genius:).anyways , you guys should have the same kill streaks but MORE oh and stackable:). in black ops the killstreaks arent stackable which of course you are aware of. since you guys had more killstreaks,you had it stackable(which was understandable)keeping the way the killstreak works is better and more exciting:)tactical uke was a GREAT KILLSTREAK YOU PUT IN .this made us become better at playing and survivng.should im justy asking for the  main things we want to in mw3 so please REPLY:) iwant to know what you think
                    • 27. Re: MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread
                      DFlannagan11

keep the amin perks the same like sleight of hand,stopping power and steadyaim. keep them in the same spots. having the perks where you put them in mw2 were perfect combos. i think that was genius:).anyways , [you guys should have the same kill streaks but MORE oh and stackable:)

Bold Text:

I don't think many people would agree with that. Many people find Modern Warfare 2's 'quickscoping' to be annoying, and don't want it to return. Personally, while I do find it annoying, I think it should return. People enjoy it, so why not. It just needs to be balenced, and Modern Warfare 2 nor Black Ops have found the perfect balancing. Hopefully, with Modern Warfare 3, Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games can please both sides of the community with their interpretation of quickscoping.

Underlined Text:

Again, I enjoy killstreaks that count towards the next kill, but in Modern Warfare 2 this was easily abused. It needs tweaking to work in MW3, if not complete removal.
                      • 28. Re: MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread
                        Bismuth von Pherson

Rhinosaur35 wrote:

I'm expecting much, much more of the same. I think graphically we will get almost the same exact game. I'm also expecting a repeat of how killstreaks are set up. The only hope I have is that the noob tube situation is addressed. If noob tubes are going to be the same, I will trade it in and they'll get zero DLC purchases from me.

I'm pretty much in agreement.  I jumped on the pre-order bandwagon for MW2, but I think I'll wait a week or two when MW3 comes out to make sure I'm getting my money's worth.
                        • 29. Re: MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread
                          Ag3nt D4rk
                          I'd like the Russian loyalist to return as a faction against the Spetsnaz. I know they would not be called loyalist anymore since they're against the current government in Russia. Maybe rebels?
                          1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next