13 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2011 8:11 PM by FunkDouglas RSS

Will there be a Modern Warfare 3 Beta???

Jhwx
      Hey, Jhwx here, I was wondering if any1 had ANY info on the Modern Warfare 3 Beta. When its coming out, how to get it, etc. If you have any Info please post it below!
        • Re: Will there be a Modern Warfare 3 Beta???
          DFlannagan11
          As it stands, no.

They will do an internal beta, within Activision. Activision CS, Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games employees, employees from other studios, and friends and family will get in.

As usual, big members of the community (Hutch, SeaNanners) will get in.
            There has been no information released regarding a public beta at present. It seems that IW and Sledgehammer are quite far along in development though, so it's possible but everything is speculation at this point. There was no public beta for MW2.
              neurobiologist
              100% bet there will be no public beta.

They will keep it to themselves and when the game is released modders will own it like they did MW2.
                machinimagames
                Not public.
                  TheHydro

DFlannagan10 wrote:

Am I the only one who hates the fact that people like them get in who are "famous", yet people who are veterans like us don't?  It seems like if you to prove your product to anyone, or if anyone will do extreme/detailed, critiques its the veterans.
                    DFlannagan11

TheHydro wrote:

DFlannagan10 wrote:

Am I the only one who hates the fact that people like them get in who are "famous", yet people who are veterans like us don't?  It seems like if you to prove your product to anyone, or if anyone will do extreme/detailed, critiques its the veterans.

I completely agree. It sucks.
                      Jash

TheHydro wrote:

DFlannagan10 wrote:

The problem with people who have ad's on their accounts due to the number of views they get often appeal to those people who Quickscope, Hack, Mod, and so on and so forth and really only care how many subscribers they get so they can get more attention for ad's and other perks.

Also, like you said their not like us due to the fact they don't participate in the Discussions upon said games. Yeah, those Youtube Gamers are Excellent at said Video Game but they have no insight like we do. When you hear them talk most of the times it's just them spewing a bunch of crap. I used to think those guys were a voice who could help the community make Activision, IW and Treyarch support their games and such but really their only after views and subscribers. How many times do you hear them tell you to comment, rate and subscribe?

It should be EVERYONE who get's a chance to try the beta (If there ever would be one), not just a few chosen ones.
                        TheHydro

Jash wrote:

It should be EVERYONE who get's a chance to try the beta (If there ever would be one), not just a few chosen ones.

Agreed.  I know they will get the game more popular, but its the veteran and die-hards of the franchise that are going to give you an honest opinion and quality feedback.  Like it was said, yes, Youtube commentators will get the game shown to a massive group and give general feedback, but for many big youtubers, they've only been with the franchise since either MW2 or Black Ops, not since it started like many people were.

If Robert ever checks these forums, perhaps he could give some beta codes out to us regulars considering we are actually doing something constructive considering we haven't been given MW3 forums yet and are contributing in the best way we can.
                          Leperacy

TheHydro wrote:

DFlannagan10 wrote:

Well Hutch is a Veteran, hes been playing since it all began, so i have no prob with him playing, im not to sure about seananners tho, never kept up with him.
                            Rhinosaur
                            Beta will be closed. Privileged YouTuber bigshots will get invites (Thunder already got his), but we mere mortals will not.
                              DFlannagan11

Rhinosaur35 wrote:

Beta will be closed. Privileged YouTuber bigshots will get invites (Thunder already got his), but we mere mortals will not.

I know that Thunder has been pushing for an invite, but I don't believe he has actually got one. Got a link?
                                Cpt.Colclough
                                No I heard there will be a closed beta
                                  FunkDouglas
                                  veterans? ive bought every cod game from both companies. i dont feel the need to post my games on youtube so no private invite. no hate for the machinima guys or any others, i enjoy their stuff and its helpful but cmon man no open beta. bf3 multiplayer videos released already just to flaunt how sick it looks? but hey iw has their fanboys who buy it regardless including myself... i didnt make the world just live in it right