10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2011 1:25 PM by fixcod4plox RSS

call of duty modern warfare being neglected??

Twiisted Genius
      The original call of duty modern warfare has been swamped with hackers and IW seem to be letting it happen I hope they sort it out its still my game of choice i feal like its been neglected and forgotten about any one else feal the same?
        • Re: call of duty modern warfare being neglected??
          DFlannagan11
          It's not being neglected.

Modern Warfare 1 will get a patch in time. Right now, MW3 & MW2 is their priority.
            Twiisted Genius
            I know there busy but they still have an obligation to sort these problems out we pay a lot of money for there games.I get so frustrated with the people who hack and mod they are ruining a great game.
              skyjckd
              It's ridiculous how long this has been going on. I had to create a new account because mine was hacked back to level 1 with negative XP so I couldnt play online at all. I really hope IW is going to do a little better job of taking care of the customer after they have our money with MW3. I may wait a while and see how long it takes for the hacks to start showing up before I buy it.
                BinaryRecoil
                I've owned C.o.D. 4: modern warfare and modern warfare 2 for a LONG time.
                I haven't played modern warfare 2 since last year- when people were killing me with a single glancing bullet on standard team deathmatch. Today I played original modern warfare for the last time- I took a hammer to both discs and registered just to say this. I've never been so aggravated in my entire life and plan on ignoring all future titles like they are a plague, despite my avid love of 1st person shooters. Good luck in your future endeavors Infinity Ward, I place no faith in your production abilities any longer.
                  CMitch45
                  I agree with Mr. Binary... I am NOT what you would call a gamer. I'm an old guy who works a lot and can snatch 30 mins or an hour once in a while to play a game on my daughter's XBox. I purchased COD 4/Modern Warfare and was really enjoying it. I was working my way up through the levels. When playing in Multiplayer, I noticed some strange things that I did not understand but do now after reading about these hackers. Then a couple nights ago, my game seemed to be taken over by someone else. I was spectating. Next thing I know, I had leveled up to 55! Everything was unlocked. This pisses me off! I want to go back to where I was... the rank I had EARNED, and finish on my own. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
                       I was really looking forward to buying a new CoD title but if this is how IW supports their materials, I will shop elsewhere. Please IW...can't you stop the hackers?
                    CMitch45
                    I forgot to ask...sometimes when a game begins, everything is moving super fast. Is this the result of hacking, too? I hope this can be fixed. Was really loving this game. SO disappointed.
                      Twiisted Genius
                      Aparentley theres a new patch IW are bringing out but ive been told by a few people including hackers they have already got new hacks and mods ready for when the new patch comes out so im afraid. R.I.P Modern Warfare 4!!!!
                        ToonPaul
                        Ditto CMitch45, I too am a casual user who wants to monitor my progress without cheating and who is thoroughly hacked off with the latest infection to come my way.  Playing today on MW1, my XP drains at the end of the game and I am back to level 1.  I've played this game for a couple of years now, honestly and fairly, trying to achieve L55 at the final grade.  All that enjoyment and effort has now gone to waste thanks to some purile, malovelent little toerag who has nothing better to do with his life.  I have read this was an issue with MW2 but only for those people who played in a private forum who had already activated infections (CHEATS!!!) - this was not the case in my situation on both accounts.  I am gutted at the moment. I've got MW2 and Black Ops waiting to be played at the moment but what is hte point if i am going to go through the same scenario again?  Surley something can be done to remove these cretins from the servers and protect honest gamers who just want to play fairly.
                          tango jack
                          Its a real pity this had to happen to COD4 as its real classic but now all people will remember is the hackers and not what a great game it was to play. Is it worth patching if the hackers already have a workaround,probably not but here,s hoping.

tango
                            fixcod4plox
                            Everything that's been mentioned here is exactly why I made this account. I feel like I've been used and then thrown away. The only re-playability value this game has aside from campaign is the multiplayer mode, and the community for it is leaving very fast just to escape the hackers/modders. I'm positive these people are leaving and will never trust another Infinity Ward/Activision-published game. I've paid for the game, and I pay for the ability to play this game online. Honestly, I don't really want to run through the campaign again. I just want to play the game I bought without worrying about my XBL account getting hacked (costs money, and I'd have to create another account), stats completely reset (unable to level up ever again), getting an infection from malicious hackers, and/or being kicked out of the game for doing well. (Any hack/mod you can imagine is probably being abused.) I know, for a fact, that children play this game, and the nasty messages in-game caused by hackers are unavoidable in most circumstances; not good for publicity. I will spend all day reporting people if it will help, but from what I've been told by others in the community, the responsibility lies in your hands Infinity Ward. Get a moderator to address this situation at least; I haven't heard anything from an official stating that the problems with the original Modern Warfare are being looked at or that anything will be done at all.

Just be honest if you don't care about us and don't want to fix these problems. The silence on this subject is answer enough, I guess.