1 2 3 4 Previous Next 67 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2011 3:29 AM by CODfanboy2k9 Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: Know your weapons, The Weapons of MW3
        CODfanboy2k9

v Sim CO wrote:

So what? Most of gun names are either not used because of copyright (trademark is the correct term)\... or a design decision.

Anyways the Military Advisors job is to advise....

I would agree with you on that but I don't think the US Army protect their military designations of weapons. I have never seen a part of any cod game where a gun maker has been listed in the back of the manual, like Ace Combat has to do with all the planes in the game. I don't think gun companies really care.
        • 11. Re: Know your weapons, The Weapons of MW3

thebigb82 wrote:

v Sim CO wrote:

So what? Most of gun names are either not used because of copyright (trademark is the correct term)\... or a design decision.

I would agree with you on that but I don't think the US Army protect their military designations of weapons. I have never seen a part of any cod game where a gun maker has been listed in the back of the manual, like Ace Combat has to do with all the planes in the game. I don't think gun companies really care.

Gun companies don't really care because its free advertising... Or the gun companies actually paid for the right for the gun name to be used... by providing free research for the dev team stuff like that...
          • 12. Re: Know your weapons, The Weapons of MW3
            CODfanboy2k9

v Sim CO wrote:

thebigb82 wrote:

v Sim CO wrote:

Gun companies don't really care because its free advertising... Or the gun companies actually paid for the right for the gun name to be used... by providing free research for the dev team stuff like that...

Well clearly the research part of it is lacking :D
            • 13. Re: Know your weapons, The Weapons of MW3
              banned_4_lyfe
              is Osprey Gunner - CV-22B the new chopper gunner? this ks is way overpowered i remember once getting 35kills with chopper alone on wasteland.
              • 14. Re: Know your weapons, The Weapons of MW3
                CODfanboy2k9

banned_4_lyfe wrote:

is Osprey Gunner - CV-22B the new chopper gunner? this ks is way overpowered i remember once getting 35kills with chopper alone on wasteland.

yes it is
                • 15. Re: Know your weapons, The Weapons of MW3
                  daHawk02
                  probably. I don't see why an Osprey would provide supporting fire like that though, it's an easy target when it's not in the 'airplane mode'
                  • 16. Re: Know your weapons, The Weapons of MW3
                    CODfanboy2k9

daHawk02 wrote:

probably. I don't see why an Osprey would provide supporting fire like that though, it's an easy target when it's not in the 'airplane mode'

plus its not the most well armed of vehicle

1 x tail M2B Browning Heavy machine gun
                    1 x GAU-17 Mini-gun

I wouldn't be that worried seeing that coming, its not like the A-10 or AH-64
                    • 17. Re: Know your weapons, The Weapons of MW3
                      Ag3nt D4rk
                      I don't think it's actually a AKM. The AK-200 would be more accurate. Also, the PKP would be the PKP 6P41 Pecheneg.
                      • 18. Re: Know your weapons, The Weapons of MW3
                        CODfanboy2k9

Ag3nt D4rk wrote:

I don't think it's actually a AKM. The AK-200 would be more accurate. Also, the PKP would be the PKP 6P41 Pecheneg.

AK-200 is based of the AK-74, the AK-47 would be the AKM
                        • 19. Re: Know your weapons, The Weapons of MW3
                          Ag3nt D4rk

thebigb82 wrote:

Ag3nt D4rk wrote:

AK-200 is based of the AK-74, the AK-47 would be the AKM

It still would be called the AK-200 and not AKM.
                          1 2 3 4 Previous Next