1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 67 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2011 3:29 AM by CODfanboy2k9 Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: Know your weapons, The Weapons of MW3
        CODfanboy2k9

Ag3nt D4rk wrote:

thebigb82 wrote:

Ag3nt D4rk wrote:

I don't think it's actually a AKM. The AK-200 would be more accurate. Also, the PKP would be the PKP 6P41 Pecheneg.

AK-200 is based of the AK-74, the AK-47 would be the AKM

It still would be called the AK-200 and not AKM.

the has the AK-47, it would be the AKM, not the AK-200, if the Russians where deloping their correct guns then it would be the AN-94 which should be in the game, which isn't even anything to do with the AK series but is the standard rifle of the Russian Army
        • 21. Re: Know your weapons, The Weapons of MW3
          Ag3nt D4rk
          It was hard to understand your post. But in MW3, the AK-weapon is black and looks similar to the AK-200. It's safe to assume it's either the AK-200, AK-74M or a gun from the AK-100 series.

edit: I just saw a picture of the AN-94 and it also does look similar to the supposed AK- in MW3.  

• 22. Re: Know your weapons, The Weapons of MW3
            daHawk02
            not really, but it is a similar design
            • 23. Re: Know your weapons, The Weapons of MW3
              CODfanboy2k9

Ag3nt D4rk wrote:

It was hard to understand your post. But in MW3, the AK-weapon is black and looks similar to the AK-200. It's safe to assume it's either the AK-200, AK-74M or a gun from the AK-100 series.

edit: I just saw a picture of the AN-94 and it also does look similar to the supposed AK- in MW3.  

Its similar, but its not made by Kalashnikov

the debate about the AK-47 in this game being the AK-200 is feasible but if it was to be the AK-200 as you put it would have to be renamed AK-74 because production of the AK-47 (AKM) ended in 1974 with the introduction of the AKS-74.

The people around the world still using AK-47's would either have the original gun or the AKM.
              • 24. Re: Know your weapons, The Weapons of MW3
                snormaffia
                A carbine can still be an assault rifle bigb
                • 25. Re: Know your weapons, The Weapons of MW3
                  Commandant Oreo
                  I really don't like MK names. Mk 43, Mk 16, Mk whatever. It doesn't distinguish the gun at all.
                  • 26. Re: Know your weapons, The Weapons of MW3
                    CODfanboy2k9

snormaffia wrote:

A carbine can still be an assault rifle bigb

A carbine isn't a assault rifle, they are very different
                    • 27. Re: Know your weapons, The Weapons of MW3
                      The Barrett .50Cal is the M82. ([url=http://betacache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/05/barrett_m82.jpg :1cs2mo0f]Ingame weapon model says M82[/url:1cs2mo0f]).

Skorpion should actually be Å korpion if we're going to nitpick, [url=http://betacache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/05/skorpion_screens hot_layout_01.jpg:1cs2mo0f]but seeing the ingame model it should actually be the M84 from Yugoslavia[/url:1cs2mo0f].

G18, I'm not sure, I read the G18 in MW2 was actually another Glock (I think 22 (or 20)). I assume MW3 will have the same Glock from MW2, but we haven't seen it in action yet so saying it's this or that wouldn't make any difference. And I'm really not sure about this one either, I read it at some other place.

I'm not sure about the AK-47 either, I simply have no idea.

Attachments

Holographic sight is obviously from EOTech, the dual scope has said sight with an 4x magnifier.

Grip could be GSG-5, just a guess. The ACOG scope could be from Trijicon (I think the MW2 one was from Trijicon), but again a guess, so many types.

The 44 Magnum is the Smith & Wesson Model 29 if I'm right.
                      • 28. Re: Know your weapons, The Weapons of MW3
                        CODfanboy2k9

ANNIHILATOR90 wrote:

The Barrett .50Cal is the M82. ([url=http://betacache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/05/barrett_m82.jpg:3ntmzn mh]Ingame weapon model says M82[/url:3ntmznmh]).

Skorpion should actually be Å korpion if we're going to nitpick, [url=http://betacache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/05/skorpion_screenshot_la yout_01.jpg:3ntmznmh]but seeing the ingame model it should actually be the M84 from Yugoslavia[/url:3ntmznmh].

G18, I'm not sure, I read the G18 in MW2 was actually another Glock (I think 22 (or 20)). I assume MW3 will have the same Glock from MW2, but we haven't seen it in action yet so saying it's this or that wouldn't make any difference. And I'm really not sure about this one either, I read it at some other place.

Attachments

Holographic sight is obviously from EOTech, the dual scope has said sight with an 4x magnifier.

Grip could be GSG-5, just a guess. The ACOG scope could be from Trijicon (I think the MW2 one was from Trijicon), but again a guess, so many types.

If we are going to nitpick, the M82A1 is called the M107 by the US Army :)
                        • 29. Re: Know your weapons, The Weapons of MW3

thebigb82 wrote:

ANNIHILATOR90 wrote:

The Barrett .50Cal is the M82. ([url=http://betacache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/05/barrett_m82.jpg:jovuce vd]Ingame weapon model says M82[/url:jovucevd]).

Skorpion should actually be Å korpion if we're going to nitpick, [url=http://betacache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/05/skorpion_screenshot_la yout_01.jpg:jovucevd]but seeing the ingame model it should actually be the M84 from Yugoslavia[/url:jovucevd].

Attachments

If we are going to nitpick, the M82A1 is called the M107 by the US Army :)

If we are going to nitpick, it turns out you're right. However it's the M82 that is the M107, not the M82A1. :P
                          1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next