1 2 3 4 Previous Next 55 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2012 12:08 AM by lammefitta Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: EMPs need a nerf

EMP shouldn't be nerfed at all.  It should simply be moved to the Assault section.  That way, if someone calls one in, you know it's just.

• 11. Re: EMPs need a nerf

Dougernaut wrote:

nerf everything

Its getting to that point.

What they really mean is they want everyone with single shot

pistols, no way to hid, standing in the middle of the map,

and only able to walk.

all the while they run around with weapon of choice being l33t.

• 12. Re: EMPs need a nerf

Here we go again.......

• 13. Re: EMPs need a nerf

Nerf guns were actually really cool, it's a shame the COD community has brought such a bad definition to the word.

• 14. Re: EMPs need a nerf

While I agree with most people here that the duration is a bit long, I think the root of the problem is that the EMP is in the support class to begin with, as well as the stealth bomber. I can probably even make a case for the support juggernaut. Don't forget stealthbombers and EMPS used to be assault killstreaks that were quite hard to attain, 8, 12 kills if I remember correctly. If anything I'm more sick of seeing 10 stealth bombers in 1 match. But I'm biased since I use asasin pro. Juggernaut in domination is also quite annoying. They can basically cap anything with ease.

• 15. Re: EMPs need a nerf
                  rankismet

W7PSK wrote:

Dougernaut wrote:

nerf everything

Its getting to that point.

What they really mean is they want everyone with single shot

pistols, no way to hid, standing in the middle of the map,

and only able to walk.

all the while they run around with weapon of choice being l33t.

Remove all weapons... line up both teams opposite each other at 10 paces...

...people can then hurl insults at each other.

Sadly... people will still complain about mics being OP because only 1/2 of their team will have them.

• 16. Re: EMPs need a nerf

SLiK wrote:

You realise an emp isn't a physical thing that just gets destroyed. Its an Electromagnetic Pulse that screws up electronics in an area because it screws up the electromagnetic field in that area. It isn't a bomb that usually have timers or a helicopter that flies around with a battery or an AC-130 that has many things in it that are electronic. That's it.

When multiple emps are shot say in 30 second intervals the first one will end in a minute but the second one will still have 30 more seconds till it goes away and the third will still have 30 seconds when the second one ends.

I'm familiar with an EMP, thanks. Point being, the first pulse would brown out any electronics in range INCLUDING the detonation electronics for any subsequent EMP's.

Yes it's just a game and they are doing this all to balance it out. I'm just saying with the MOAB it seems they got it mostly right. Why not with this?

• 17. Re: EMPs need a nerf

agreed. EMP should be in assault and impact both teams.

• 18. Re: EMPs need a nerf

fatedtitan wrote:

I don't care if they destroy a lower kill streak like a Pred or Attack Helicopter.  But when someone is working hard on Assault and gets a big killstreak like an Osprey, an 11-34 player should not be able to take down my killstreak with an EMP.  I've worked for it, they have died for theirs.  EMPs need to be worked on.

Or he could shoot it down with a rocket. Next.............................

• 19. Re: EMPs need a nerf

zedsdeadgraphics wrote:

Or he could shoot it down with a rocket. Next.............................

LMAO, thought it was just Wiggy...

Saluting you Sir, you can't see it, but Wiggy is doing it.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next