1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 92 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2012 4:53 PM by trialstardragon Go to original post RSS
      • 70. Re: AK-47 weak? Do not think so at all.

Do you have proof it is from teh code eh? And even if it were to say that do you actually think that everything anyone says is true on the internet. I could make up an stats about any game I wanted and say it was true and from the code. Only the developers can really verify if it is or not. So do not take some sites stats as law about how this game works unless one of the devs said it is correct. Geez are you that stupid really. Never just openly believe anything you see on the internet and think it is 100% truth. WoW some people are just dumb I guess when it comes to the internet.

• 71. Re: AK-47 weak? Do not think so at all.

trialstardragon wrote:

Do you have proof it is from teh code eh?

Do you have proof that a skill changes a entire gun from teh code?

• 72. Re: AK-47 weak? Do not think so at all.

No, because I never said it changes the so called stats. but the so called stats do not 100% determine if a gun is good or bad unlike so many of you want to think. It is the so called skill(learned ability) of the player that determines if a gun is bad or not for them. Not some stats on some site. Just because some of you do not well with it does not make it a weak or bad gun to use. But you will never see or understand that.

• 73. Re: AK-47 weak? Do not think so at all.

It is the so called skill(learned ability) of the player that determines if a gun is bad or not for them.

This is where you're getting confused I think. A gun can be good for an individual player, but still be a bad weapon in comparison to the others in the game. Everyone has their preferences when it comes to weapons, but preferences do not determine how good a weapon actually is.

• 74. Re: AK-47 weak? Do not think so at all.

You do have a point Kastro. But the point I was trying to make is that the gun is not nearly as bad as those that proclaimed it to be. Yes some guns may have what looks like terrible stats. But those stats alone do not really decide if the gun is actually good or bad for each person that uses it. It is sort of foolish to just look at the stats and say omg that gun is terrible I will never use it. For as long as somoene has that level of thinking that gun will be terrible for them. I tried the gun out with the understanding that people were saying it was bad. And yet I did ok with the gun. Not stellar by any means; but not nearly as bad as some were trying to claim the gun was. If the gun was so terrible as others think, I should not have even been able to do what I did with it compared to all the other guns in the match. I should have had one of the lowest scores in the match. Yet I was 3rd on my team and 5th out of the entire lobby. And I am by far not a great player. I break even on k/dr once out of every 3 matches. Which is why my k/dr is only 97.1 at the moment. Yet I have an average accuracy of nearly 20% overall.

That is why I say people should not just look at stats alone when choosing a gun. And not just follow what some site says about how good or bad a gun is, when that information is subjective at best and not really defenitive on how the gun can peform for each person that uses it. Unlike what some people try to claim. That if the gun has bad stats its a bad gun and should not be used and you should not do well with it. Yet I proved that was not the case. That even the so called bad guns can do just as well as the so called good guns in the proper hands. So stats alone do not say everything and never has and never will.

• 75. Re: AK-47 weak? Do not think so at all.
                  avengedyesterday

Ak47 is just outclassed in MW3. In past titles it had a lot of kick but it also had a lot of damage. Now even with kick on it still has a lot of recoil and not near enough damage. Ak-47 was my favorite gun in every single call of duty but this one.

• 76. Re: AK-47 weak? Do not think so at all.

I try to use the weapons that people tend to under use myself if I can, so I'm no stranger to the "bad stat" guns that people talk about. I spent a lot of my 2nd prestige using LMGs with some level of success.

A weapon having bad stats doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't use it or that you will do bad with it.. it just means it's inferior when compared to most of the other weapons. As you said, a player with a decent skill level can make up for that inferiority, but the weapon itself is still inferior nonetheless. My current KDR is 1.49, and I've rarely used the OP weapons that people talk about. The Type-95, Akimbo FMG, Striker, ect... I do it as a means to challenge myself and improve.

I'll be prestiging yet again here in a day or two, and once again I'm going to go through a series of weapons that I either haven't used much, or are considered "not very good". It's something I try to do to keep the game fresh each prestige so that I don't play the same way every time. Next prestige, as much as I hate it, I'm going to use the Dragunov as my exclusive sniper rifle.. and that gun really is terrible, with it's only 1hko zone being the head.

I myself never let other people's opinions sway me towards what guns are bad and what aren't. Half the time I use a weapon based upon it's visuals rather than it's functions lol. But between personal experience and the actual weapon stats that you can view from the game's code, certain weapons are unfortunately, outclassed by others and rendered obsolete. You can still use them with some effectiveness, but unless patched, they'll still be pointless in comparison to others.

• 77. Re: AK-47 weak? Do not think so at all.

Yeah know, my level of respect for you just jumped a few notches Kastro. Your last few posts have a greater understanding and intelligence on the matter than many of the others that just tried to prove me wrond with useless examples with out ever understanding where I was coming form nor trying.

I still do not believe any weapon is obsolete though, maybe less effective for some players but not obsolete. And that is part of the fun and challenge of the game. Using the so called obsolete weapons and still doing well with them. It can be boring to use the so called OP/easy/skillless weapons.

It can be very fun to take a so called underdog weapon and do well, making everyone in the lobby look silly for thinking their madz skills with the so called elite weapon would make them better.

And before anyone comes in and says it.

No, a lambo would not beat a Ford in all cases. Depends upon the driver and course they are both being driven on. :-p

• 78. Re: AK-47 weak? Do not think so at all.

trialstardragon wrote:

Yeah know, my level of respect for you just jumped a few notches Kastro. Your last few posts have a greater understanding and intelligence on the matter than many of the others that just tried to prove me wrond with useless examples with out ever understanding where I was coming form nor trying.

We understood where you came from, but then you made yourself an idiot by never admitting when your statements are wrong.

You made it even worse by saying that the statistical information is not fact. Meaning that a weapon that kills in two shots isn't exactly true.

This is why no one will take you or anyone else who really thinks the "skill>gun statistics" argument should be applied seriously.

• 79. Re: AK-47 weak? Do not think so at all.

Eh its my way of writing at times. I can be very annoying when I do it. I know; but that is the challenge of figuring out what I mean. I dun seldom like to just come out and say it; because that can be boring too. the whole point of communication is learning, not just throwing out the answer clear as day. But then that is just me being me a half-troll-half-dragon.

what I meant by stats are not fact, is not all stats are based on factual information all the time. Anyone can make up a list of stats and call it fact. Never just assume what someone says is a fact with out first learning how and where they came up with those stats first. Oh and for the record the 95 and mk14 do not always kill in two shots, they only do that at certain ranges, outside of that they take 3 at least someitmes even more depending on where you hit and how bad lag is at that moment. So saying it always kills in two is not completely factual and misleading.

I understand how some may feel that because of the stats some guns may seem worse then others. But really that is just on paper, or on digital text. But that information alone is not the sole factor in if the weapon can be used well. It is just one piece of the pie to be looked at. You must take into consideration the players ability to use the weapon when deciding if the weapon is really bad or not. If a player can do well with a so called bad weapon then it is not really bad for all players. Note, I said 'all' players.

But many here like to rely on stats too much it seems and that was my main issue. Stats are only one part of the equation, the player is the other. With both you can realy see if a weapon is truly bad or just not as good as maybe another can be. Same as with cars. no matter how well the car could perform it does not always make it the best choice depending on the drivers ability and the track being driven on.

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next