21 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2012 11:33 AM by dtinsomnia RSS

STILL NO CLAN OPS 2 AND A 1/2 MONTHS IN !!!!!

This is really ridiculous its been 2 and a half months since the game was released and still no sign of us elite PAYING members reciving clan operations. I am very disapointed and i for one wont be purchasing cod elite again. The new maps that were released yestarday i still havernt had chance to play them as everyone dosent vote for them on the Elite TDM i must have played 30 games yestarday and i didnt play them once. To actually see them i had to go into a private match and look at them.

• Re: STILL NO CLAN OPS 2 AND A 1/2 MONTHS IN !!!!!

I agree with you, i as well will not be renewing membership of Elite. I only play HC tdm and think it is bs that i cant play the maps on hc tdm that i PAYED for unless i play on mosh pit.

What are clan ops supposed to be?

Your not thinking, Treyarch had no problem with this. Your blindly makeing excuses for IW.

They are already being built, look at the source code of your clan page and scroll down the page, you will see evidence of the clan challenges and ops, "Reward" "0 of 1 clan ops completed" etc !

If this happened in any other industry - the would be a huge lawsuit.  Since 99% of the players are under 25, these companies take advantage of consumers and their rights.  Elite is an absolute joke.  I got more stats for free in Black Ops.  While its great that I get the DLC for free.....many people dont end up paying for EVERY DLC otherwise - and this is where Elite makes its money.  From those casual users who spent $50 for Elite that wouldnt otherwise pay for EVERY DLC.

There have been plenty of other games (like Forza) where I am a casual player and never buy every DLC.  I lose interest after 3-5 months.  This is where Elite is going to be a HUGE winner for Activision.  Its a damn shame that there were not only a MOUNTAIN of problems with the Elite application, but here we are 75 days in and its still missing MAJOR frunctionality.  If my company did this to our customers, we would be out of business 70 days ago.

Its a shame.  The people responsible for this should be embarassed. 

I too will not be purchasing Elite ever again, and most likely not another game by Infinity Ward. Elite took a month after launch before we could even get on it, and now it has been almost 3 months, and the site still isn't fully functional. I did talk to a representative and asked him what it would take to file a lawsuit. He gave me a phone number and told me to talk to the legal team for Activision. I'm sure that I'm not wealthy enough to stand up against a billion dollar company, but I think it's pretty ridiculous that they think that they can just f*** us over.

There is so much wrong with this it's just pathetic.  First of all, the average age of gamers is 36, not 25.  I'm pretty sure several of those older, and likely just as many not-so older, gamers are fully aware of their civil rights.  And it's kind of hard to sue when you agree to a contract that doesn't give you the right to sue.

And if you're a "casual player who wouldn't buy every single DLC drop", why would you pay for Elite Premium....when you can access plenty of Elite's features for free, and go buy the maps you want, as they come in.  The only people who are being taken advantage of here, are the ones who are simply lacking in common sense.

Is it disappointing that Clan Ops aren't up yet?  Yeah, kind of.  Is it the end of the world?  Nope.  Are we more than likely going to get another block of time added to our subscriptions, or some other means of compensation?  Probably.

jxspyder-01 wrote:

There is so much wrong with this it's just pathetic.  First of all, the average age of gamers is 36, not 25.

The average age of ALL gamers is 36 years old?  Are you crazy?  99% are under 25.  75% are under 21.

MikeH0ncho wrote:

The average age of ALL gamers is 36 years old?  Are you crazy?  99% are under 25.  75% are under 21.

Don't know what the exact numbers are, but the gamers with any purchasing power are in their 30's for certain.

Wiggy certainly falls into that category with Wiggy being 37, so don't dismiss those numbers so quickly Sir. Wiggy can also tell you that 99% number is wrong.

the only way that the average "gamer" is 35 is if angry birds counts as gaming... lol

average age on consoles is more like 20.... but as wiggy pointed out, most of them rely on us older people to buy them everything...lol

but again... its a number that is so hard to factor.... maybe the average age of people with mics is 20... maybe there ARE a ton of 40 year olds running around and we just dont hear anything from them... i know im 29 and rarely put my mic on because i cant stand all the kids yelling and screaming..

rm212 wrote:

They are already being built, look at the source code of your clan page and scroll down the page, you will see evidence of the clan challenges and ops, "Reward" "0 of 1 clan ops completed" etc !

It should have been built in to begin with as it was a heavily advertised feature. 

CowboySr

They sold something that was incomplete. Its kinda sad. But the maps are cheaper then buying them individually. 

The added functions of elite are becoming less and less appealing.

Except being able to join a clan there is no way to improve a clan other then invite more members.

The enlistments are not really worth it as the winner is usually someone that has cheated or boosted.  With the exception of the Lone Wolf ops were then it's down to pure chance.

This has been the worst COD i've played.

I to am pretty disapointed with Elite.  Only half of it works which I think Activision should be embarrised about.  A multi billion dollar company that is one of the biggest devs in the world can't get an app to work. 

If I was 2.5 months behind on my work, I wouldn't have a job anymore.

BTW, i'm 30.  I don't think the average console/pc gamer is 36, but i'm sure its late 20's or maybe even 30.  This is just a guess and I obviously don't have any concrete numbers. 

ghostsniper2010

we should make a petition to get IW to move there arse because the have given us false info on all this so we paid for something that was broken we need to do something about this

Unfortnately I signed up for elite exclusively for the clan battles. I can afford the maps and what not and who doesn't like saving 10 dollars? I only really purchased it though for the fact I could bring my team and place a beat down on fools and find out exactly were my clan ranks. It's really dissappointing that I still have to wait.

I agree that Elite is an incomplete product. Kind of like selling a car without the wheels. I am also a member who paid for premium thinking I would be able to earn challenges and see rankings for my clan. If I would have known that Elite wouldn't be fully functional for the first almost 3 months I would have waited to become a member until the clan section actually became operational...