14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2012 6:12 AM by lilasn RSS

Some improvements are on the way...

esmorgue

G IH A IN ID IIInfinityWardDeveloper

293 posts since

Nov 11, 2011

Fix to Akimbo just went live along with MG-36 grip firing rate issue. Signing off now to test this.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• Re: Some improvements are on the way...
          esmorgue

G IH A IN ID IIInfinityWardDeveloper

293 posts since

Nov 11, 2011

Update on a couple of issues:

Dead Silence/Sit Rep Pro. We have determined what is occurring and are looking at the feasibility of a fix to revert to MW2 functionality. This will not be hot fixable.

The latest patch resolves the problem of truncated custom class selection in split screen modes. All 10 custom class options are now selectable.

Best,

G IH A IN ID II

featherman84

waaauuH we really wanted that.

esmorgue

featherman84 wrote:

I didnt ask, I am just informing of some help. Some may, and that is why it is getting fixed possibly because they make them selves heard/read. Instead of cramming words onto a page where noone but someone like themselves are reading it.

featherman84

esmorgue wrote:

featherman84 wrote:

I didnt ask, I am just informing of some help. Some may, and that is why it is getting fixed possibly because they make them selves heard/read. Instead of cramming words onto a page where noone but someone like themselves are reading it.

didn't mean to offend you but I thought the devs should be looking to heavier problems then some custom slots for splitscreeners.

esmorgue

featherman84 wrote:

esmorgue wrote:

featherman84 wrote:

didn't mean to offend you but I thought the devs should be looking to heavier problems then some custom slots for splitscreeners.

I understand fully. They need to cram Split Screeners and their classes in a lobby where it is the only place they can play.

Will the dead silence / sitrep pro update enable you to hear dead silence users while using Sitrep pro? That would be great, but if that happens the Sitrep / Trophy system glitch (knifing your own trophy system counts towards the challenge) should be fixed, because now it's way too easy to get sitrep pro. Especially when it becomes an even more powerful perk.

Sorry to be pessimistic. But I'm going ahead and predicting the next patch (if we ever get 1.08) will be Feb 24th.

4 long weeks away.

Improvents dont mean nothing when the game is unplayable. Fix Lag Compensation!

I don´t think the game improves anymore, that´s why I already sold it. They just fixing BS, not the bloody host compensation, which completely ruined this game.

Hey Esmorgue.  I love how you are helping the community and speaking out for the silent majority.

I wanted to add that today, with a hotfix update .20(at the end) I noticed that the Lag Compensation/Host Disadvantage no longer seem to only be for the host. I joined a game in session and before 1 minute, I feel my controls being weighted down just like how I would feel when I was host and there was a player lagging in the game. Mind you I joined a <50ms game and got 4 bars but am getting myself served on a silver platter to 1-3 bar players. Thought this Lag Compensation/Host Disadvantage only affects the host but it now seems to affect all players with a good connection to the host as well.

Thus, as always, I tested it out a bit more by joining games in session to make sure I wasn't host. The result is the same. A group of 3 bar players were owning the group of 4 bar players on my team. Thankfully, the tweaks that I did to not make myself host as well as improve my hit detection gave me the upper hand in combat but the rest of my 4 bar team were dying left and right. Could you confirm this?

At the same time, I now wish I could lower my ping since I was kicking some serious butt on a 3 bar as compared to a 4 bar. If anyone knows how to do that, could you kindly share with us?

This is truly upsetting though. Making people with good connection get the advantage they deserve and win will only push society forward and encourages people to upgrade thus improving our internet connection worldwide. This Lag Compensation fiasco is instead bringing innovation backwards and encourages people to have worst connection when gaming. I was really hoping I could finally allow the small population of players in my region to enjoy my 100Mbps down & 30+Mbps up and <10ms ping to me like we used to when the game first came out but it seems like I still can't do that after seeing how update 1.08 for the Xbox 360 only improved it slightly. In the mean time, I will have to limit my connection and join games where there are constantly host migrations left and right because nobody wants to be host.