12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2012 12:49 PM by stade RSS

Elite Playlist

Judging by how many people are playing the new maps, it does not look like many people purchased Elite premium.  I was checking the play list population and it looked to be about 10K players.  If this is true, I am happy that IW is not making a lot of money off this garbage.

• Re: Elite Playlist

I will play a few of the new maps a day and then go back to normal. Quicker matchmaking, etc.

I think a lot of others do that too because after the game ends, more than half leave... even if both of the new maps come up as options (and thats generally why people are in this playlist to start)...

Just playing enough to get to know them a bit before everyone else does since I am not the best. with that said, these two maps are easily the hardest to remember spots in (at least I don't recall feeing this way in the others).

teknicfire

Most people including myself are not playing the Elite Playlist due to the lack of Hardcore Game Modes.  I feel that if you add a Core Mode there should be a Hardcore as well not some stupid Mosh Pit.  The Elite Playlist is geared toward the Core Player not HARDCORE.

rankismet

teknicfire wrote:

Most people including myself are not playing the Elite Playlist due to the lack of Hardcore Game Modes.  I feel that if you add a Core Mode there should be a Hardcore as well not some stupid Mosh Pit.  The Elite Playlist is geared toward the Core Player not HARDCORE.

Barely played the Elite HC playlist last night because I'm done with the mosh pit.

#OperationCoreKid

mcdonamw

teknicfire wrote:

This!  Where is the freaking HC love IW?!?!  I can't stand regular core BS.  I am strictly HC.  Why did I waste money on Elite if I can't even play the maps I bought it for?  This is absolutely BS.

Also, why is there no HC FFA???!

a) Not everyone will be on at the same time so the current player count is not a very good estimate of the total number of Elite subscribers.

b) Not everybody wants to play Mosh Pit.

c) Hardcore players seem to upset at the lack of HC game modes offered in the Elite playlist.

Also a lack of FFA!

I kinda like the way that every map can be rolled in matchmaking not only two speccific ones...I play the new maps for a while and get bored then switch back to normal maps. And for some reason, there are tons of people using silenced MP7 running into each other in PIAZZA...that makes me want to unlock MP7 and do the same boring thing.

A few of my friends do not have the new maps yet, so if I'm in a party with them, I don't play the Elite playlists.

c4rl

I am one of the few people on my friends list that has the map pack now and yes the population is low. 1200 people in the Elite TDM list last night, which makes matchmaking brutal for people like me who are not in densely populated areas.

it's a small playlist...  i.e. it doesn't have all the game modes on it.  My group will play in it for a bit nd then switch off to play some defender once we have a full squad

I personally think that they should add a hardcore playlist to the elite just like in core, ino we got the hardcore moshpit but the major problem with that is you dont always play the game mode that you want and have to wait until a vote is made in your favour e.g. you want team death match but keep getting search and destroy or domination. also i think that capture the flag is a possibility but not no where near as important to the elite players as a hardcore playlist because if the non paying core players have it why whouldnt we ??