1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 57 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2012 7:21 PM by trialstardragon Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: Infected fix

The moab encourages players to find glitch spots to hide and camp, not to play the objective. 90% of the games are meant to end in the infected's favor, not the survivors.

The objective of the game is to face unyielding numbers and survive for as long as possible knowing that you will fail eventually. But with moab camping in the high spots that the infected can not reach, it has become camp the highest location fest. Which is not really what the game mode is about.

Which is why it needs to be removed and they do need the throwing knife back.

• 31. Re: Infected fix
          scumbaggah

Very rarely do the survivors win, I have been playing infected only pretty much and have only seen the survivors win a couple of times, Once when I hid in a corner the whole game on Outpost the other i can clearly remember was the a guy was hiding behind the desk in the sunglass shop on Arkaden, God knows how he got behind there. Even when a guy got his moab we stilled killed him before it detonated and won the game.

I got a moab hiding in the burger place on Arkaden and called it then died, The game said it was 18 infected and 0 survivors but the game was still going, Moab went off killing me and my 18 teammates lol.

<3 Infected, The only game mode where i can get a 19 feed with an RSASS lol.

• 32. Re: Infected fix

trialstardragon wrote:

Moab camping is just stupid and lame and it needs to be removed from that game mode. It is not meant for the survirors to set there in the high spots and camp moabs the entire match.

The logic in this.

• 33. Re: Infected fix

trialstardragon wrote:

The moab encourages players to find glitch spots to hide and camp, not to play the objective. 90% of the games are meant to end in the infected's favor, not the survivors.

The objective of the game is to face unyielding numbers and survive for as long as possible knowing that you will fail eventually.

EXACTLY! thats why you never lose... infected should win just about every time... if you can manage to hold down a corner with some teammates and stay alive... awesome!!

but it isnt meant to happen every single game by hiding in some retarded place nobody can get you... the fun is being on the ground where they have a chance to get you...and blowing them away as they try!! lol.. plus its fun for them trying to dodge and weave to get in knifing range

they always get you eventually.... but its 100x more fun then camping the damn catwalk for 15min and MAYBE going 25-0 when i just went 30-1 running around... that single death is really screwing my stats over.... lol

• 34. Re: Infected fix

TurdFerguson00 wrote:

EXACTLY! thats why you never lose... infected should win just about every time... if you can manage to hold down a corner with some teammates and stay alive... awesome!!

but it isnt meant to happen every single game by hiding in some retarded place nobody can get you... the fun is being on the ground where they have a chance to get you...and blowing them away as they try!! lol.. plus its fun for them trying to dodge and weave to get in knifing range

they always get you eventually.... but its 100x more fun then camping the damn catwalk for 15min and MAYBE going 25-0 when i just went 30-1 running around... that single death is really screwing my stats over.... lol

Survivors should have a chance to win. Removing the spots not intended to be reachable is fine, but the MOAB is a reward for reaching 25 kills. There is no point of removing it as the whole game mode is a large field made for boosting stats and simple leveling.

Might as well remove the game mode. It is available in private matches, you know.

• 35. Re: Infected fix

I completely agree about the MOAB issue, aswell as returning the Throwing Knives.. and this is coming from someone who has dropped 4 MOABs tonight alone, and come super close to multiple more. Every single game I play, someone either drops a MOAB, or comes really close. In maps like Dome and Seatown, it's not uncommon to see 2 or 3 drop per game.

The infected simply stand very little chance. Even in Downturn it's hard to kill them when they get onto that white truck. I dropped a MOAB from there when it was just me and one other friend defending it. When you get 2 or 3 people up there, gf infected.

For perks/weapons:

1) Increase the starting ammo, and remove Scavenger. Make people choose their shots a little better.

2) Give the Infected smoke grenades or Stuns so that they can help with their approach on some of these maps. IMO, Hardhat is probably the most balanced map, that and Fallen, now that those glitch spots are removed... and that's because you have to actually try to hold up and fight them back to win.

This game mode went from people asking "Is it possible to even get a MOAB? Is it disabled?" to "Let's see who can get the MOAB first!". I think that alone says enough about the problems of this playlist right now.

• 36. Re: Infected fix

I have to agree with you on this.. strange.. I am agreeing to someone about sometihng.. weird  but it does happen some times..

• 37. Re: Infected fix

platinumb wrote:

TurdFerguson00 wrote:

Survivors should have a chance to win. Removing the spots not intended to be reachable is fine, but the MOAB is a reward for reaching 25 kills. There is no point of removing it as the whole game mode is a large field made for boosting stats and simple leveling.

Might as well remove the game mode. It is available in private matches, you know.

i agree with you completely... i have no issue with it being included... they would still be pretty rare if people couldnt camp these places... far too easy to attain as is for people that shouldnt get them...

survivors still won once and awhile with the TK, i even had a guy run and gun to 46-1 (tho alot were moab kills i assume) when the throwing knifes were included.... and they can still win without abusing an unreachable location... but its supposed to be maybe 10-20% of games, not 100%

• 38. Re: Infected fix

Seriously. I was actually enjoying MW3 for once. Being infected was just as fun as being a survivor. Now its just a huge campfest. Just give the throwing knife back, and then everything is okay.

This is stupid.

• 39. Re: Infected fix

They need to take off the shitty throughing knives they have made it so **** now sort the game out ffs