7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2012 7:08 PM by platinumb RSS

When I start getting MOABs...

iamhollywood5

... that means Infected is broken.  The infected should get throwning knives!! I mean come on, there is no other way to stop the idiots who get up to elevated glitch spots where you can't knife them and you have absolutely no chance.  I never get MOABs but I can get a MOAB almost every other infected game just by camping in some cheap-a$$ glitch spot that only certain people know how to get up to along with 10 other survivors, all bunched up like a family of penguins.  Every game goes like this:  First 2 people get infected, the other 16 get in some ridiculous untouchable spot, and when the 10 minutes is up it's still 16-2, or the 2 infected players rage quit and the game ends.

This is not how infected was meant to be played.  Every infected player should get 1 throwing knife per life so that the survivors actually have to work to survive.

• Re: When I start getting MOABs...
          anoreo

No, Infected do not deserve knives. You don't need them. People just want them so they don't have to put in the effort to actually knife them so remove personal stats from the playlist. IW just needs to do something about the spots people like to get to that just makes it hard. MOABs just add to the fun if playing legitimately.

anoreo wrote:

No, Infected do not deserve knives. You don't need them. People just want them so they don't have to put in the effort to actually knife them so remove personal stats from the playlist. IW just needs to do something about the spots people like to get to that just makes it hard. MOABs just add to the fun if playing legitimately.

they cant magically stop people from climbing on everything in the map... the TK was the only option and it worked just fine... stat whores just got upset they couldnt get easy moabs in public games like they thought they could... but IW made their dream come true...

anoreo

The thing is, when you start crowding with Infected, for example, 12 on 6, the survivors can't kill them all off, plus they have tac inserts. The infected can win by pure attrition. Mind you, more of them may be willing to do that if they removed stats from the equation in the playlist.

For example, some people like to camp the spawn area on Mission for the PMC which is a good spot. That's a textbook example of how the gametype was made to be played.If they can survive and get MOABs, those are good to have when they are swarming you and you are outnumbered. It's only one death.

thebiindsniper

Problem with infected, there's only 1 initial infected.  Meaning, the rest would instantly huddle in the camping spot.  I've seen it before--2 infected trying to get the camping survivors, who climbed the ladder in Dome.

It's just too boring, and completely not equal.  I find it better to have my heart racing against certain doom, than sitting in a spot and chilling out.  If I wanted to chill out in a spot all day, I'd play Battlefield (oops said that out loud). 

Battlefield fans, I'm kidding.  Don't put a hit on me.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior

iamhollywood5

anoreo wrote:

People just want them so they don't have to put in the effort to actually knife them so remove personal stats from the playlist.

What are you talking about? It's always easier to stab someone compared to throwing a knife at them.  IW cant simply make it impossible to get onto high places for only 1 game mode, it doesn't work that way.  Those spots are going to stay, and the only thing the throwning knife is for is getting people out of those ridiculous untouchable spots.  There's absolutely no chance once people start lining up on the ledge at Arkaden or the arc on Seatown or the ladder spots on Outpost and Dome.