5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2012 5:15 PM by Gerbera RSS

Make it so the Assault drone isn't visible on the radar

scumbaggah

It's stupid that the enemy team can see the Assault drone on the radar, everyone just runs away from it and since it's so slow you have no hope of catching anyone. It should only be visible if there is a UAV up otherwise it should be hidden.

Also why can't I name a class "Assault" it says it contains profanities... Are you kidding me?

• Re: Make it so the Assault drone isn't visible on the radar
          kylet345

The point of it being on the radar is so we can spot it so it can be destroyed or ran away from. The reason why you can't put assault in one of your class names is for precisely this reason: ASSault. I did it after I saw this and had no message popping up on my screen in the Create-A-Class menu. Put it with a capital 'A' and see if that works.

scumbaggah

It's not only ran away from but completely avoided, It goes too damn slow for it to be visible plus it can be taken down very easily.

You can't see sentry guns unless there is a UAV so it should be the same with this, Especially considering it's a 10 streak. It should be a 7 streak imo or make it so you can't see it, This thing is considered better than a reaper?..

As for "Ass" nah it doesn't matter that there is a capital A, I have it written as A.ssualt which is retarded. It's an MA15+ game here and I'm pretty sure there is swearing in the campaign but we can't use the "Ass" in a word? I see kids running around with C*nt as there clan tags but they censor this.....

Its kind of a terrible 10 killstreak IMO. For basically the reason you stated and that you have to call it in like a cp. I hate having to wait.

Gerbera

I only really don't like it because of needing to call in a package for it.

But during the times I did use it, it was pretty devastating. It's at least a lot easier to get kills with it than the Reaper IMO (controlling those missiles is tricky). It's also more versatile in that it can work fairly decently in pretty much any map while the Reaper is essentially useless in any map with some kind of decent cover like Bootleg, Arkaden, and so on.

If people run away from it, you can at least use it to herd opposing team members towards your teammates and surround them. Easy to take out...only if the enemy is lucky enough to have a clear view with the Javelin and Stinger and enough distance to not get gunned down while locking on. Or they're damn lucky to hit it directly with an EMP Grenade. Otherwise, while it's no Juggernaut, it can take quite a bit of punishment overall.

The thing is, with Sentry Guns, you at least got Sitrep to be able to easily see them and know they're there even without UAVs, Portable Radar, etc. Might as well apply all this stuff to the Juggernaut while we're at it...