19 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2012 3:12 PM by ZaneHayden RSS

    Can anyone advise on a morally and ethically sound way to play MW3?

    WKMMS

      It used to be that I just picked up a gun I liked, added in a set of perks I thought would best serve my needs, maybe throw in some equipment, nades etc and go merrily on my way to try and kill everyone that had a red name over their head, in any way possible.  It's only since reading through many of the discussions on this very forum that I have come to learn that some of the tactics I have used, not always, but occasionaly, might have been less than sportsman-like, according to the unwritten laws of MW3 gaming conduct.  With that in mind, I would therefore be very grateful to anyone who could advise me on a class set up and play-style that would meet with the approval of the unofficial CoD ethics police that seem to patrol these forums and seem to vehemently shoot down (pardon the pun) any and all play-styles but their own (though never actually owning up to which guns and perks they run with themselves).  I thank you in advance for your help.

        • Re: Can anyone advise on a morally and ethically sound way to play MW3?

          Awesome. Well put.

           

          - vTc Goose

          • Re: Can anyone advise on a morally and ethically sound way to play MW3?

            Fool around with some SMGs and go rushing.

            A good class would be:

             

            Primary: P90 Supressor & rapid fire

            Secondary: MP9 Suppressor

            Lethal: Semtex

            Special: Stun Nades

             

            1st perk: Ext conditioning Or SOH pro

            2nd perk: Quickdraw Pro

            3rd perk: Steady Aim Pro

            Kill streaks: Specialist:

            1st perk: Dead silence

            2nd perk: assasin

            3rd perk: Scavenger

            Play a gametype like domination and run around flanking the enemy's spawn.

            It's pretty enjoyable

              • Re: Can anyone advise on a morally and ethically sound way to play MW3?
                WKMMS

                Puft wrote:

                 

                Fool around with some SMGs and go rushing.

                A good class would be:

                 

                Primary: P90 Supressor & rapid fire

                Secondary: MP9 Suppressor

                Lethal: Semtex

                Special: Stun Nades

                 

                1st perk: Ext conditioning Or SOH pro

                2nd perk: Quickdraw Pro

                3rd perk: Steady Aim Pro

                Kill streaks: Specialist:

                1st perk: Dead silence

                2nd perk: assasin

                3rd perk: Scavenger

                Play a gametype like domination and run around flanking the enemy's spawn.

                It's pretty enjoyable

                I don't know... that sounds like something I could get in trouble for... I mean Steady Aim and a P90 with rapid fire... I could be very tempted to hip fire that... and the suppressor would mean the other enemies wouldn't know where I was... doesn't seem very fair... as for Assassin and Dead Silence... gosh, I could be very tempted to sneak around knifing people in the back and surely that's ungentlemanly conduct?

              • Re: Can anyone advise on a morally and ethically sound way to play MW3?
                maccabi

                WKMMS wrote:

                 

                It used to be that I just picked up a gun I liked, added in a set of perks I thought would best serve my needs, maybe throw in some equipment, nades etc and go merrily on my way to try and kill everyone that had a red name over their head, in any way possible.  It's only since reading through many of the discussions on this very forum that I have come to learn that some of the tactics I have used, not always, but occasionaly, might have been less than sportsman-like, according to the unwritten laws of MW3 gaming conduct.  With that in mind, I would therefore be very grateful to anyone who could advise me on a class set up and play-style that would meet with the approval of the unofficial CoD ethics police that seem to patrol these forums and seem to vehemently shoot down (pardon the pun) any and all play-styles but their own (though never actually owning up to which guns and perks they run with themselves).  I thank you in advance for your help.

                as a rule of thumb, any gun you use that kills someone is a no0b gun or over powered,

                using any equipment in the game if it kills someone is a wrong,

                moving is wrong

                whereas standing still is equally wrong,

                using the minimap is wrong

                using any perk at all is wrong

                using a perk that stop people following you on the mini map is very wrong

                sniping is wrong regardless of if you qs or hardscope

                using any shotgun is wrong

                where any ar is fine as long as it doesnt kill someone or you aim with it

                all secondaries are wrong

                using any machine pistol in akimbo mode is wrong

                using any machine pistol without akimbo is wrong and makes you a no0b

                claymores, bettys, nades, c4 , or anything that makes a bang is wrong

                  • Re: Can anyone advise on a morally and ethically sound way to play MW3?

                    Anyone making a legitimate response to this thread is just...Wro...DUMB!

                    • Re: Can anyone advise on a morally and ethically sound way to play MW3?
                      WKMMS

                      maccabi wrote:

                       

                      as a rule of thumb, any gun you use that kills someone is a no0b gun or over powered,

                      using any equipment in the game if it kills someone is a wrong,

                      moving is wrong

                      whereas standing still is equally wrong,

                      using the minimap is wrong

                      using any perk at all is wrong

                      using a perk that stop people following you on the mini map is very wrong

                      sniping is wrong regardless of if you qs or hardscope

                      using any shotgun is wrong

                      where any ar is fine as long as it doesnt kill someone or you aim with it

                      all secondaries are wrong

                      using any machine pistol in akimbo mode is wrong

                      using any machine pistol without akimbo is wrong and makes you a no0b

                      claymores, bettys, nades, c4 , or anything that makes a bang is wrong

                      hmmmm.... how about if I just stand out in the open and ask people politely to lay down their armaments and enter a peaceful discussion so we can end all this senseless bloodshed... CoD -> Call of Diplomacy??

                        • Re: Can anyone advise on a morally and ethically sound way to play MW3?
                          maccabi

                          WKMMS wrote:

                           

                          maccabi wrote:

                           

                          as a rule of thumb, any gun you use that kills someone is a no0b gun or over powered,

                          using any equipment in the game if it kills someone is a wrong,

                          moving is wrong

                          whereas standing still is equally wrong,

                          using the minimap is wrong

                          using any perk at all is wrong

                          using a perk that stop people following you on the mini map is very wrong

                          sniping is wrong regardless of if you qs or hardscope

                          using any shotgun is wrong

                          where any ar is fine as long as it doesnt kill someone or you aim with it

                          all secondaries are wrong

                          using any machine pistol in akimbo mode is wrong

                          using any machine pistol without akimbo is wrong and makes you a no0b

                          claymores, bettys, nades, c4 , or anything that makes a bang is wrong

                          hmmmm.... how about if I just stand out in the open and ask people politely to lay down their armaments and enter a peaceful discussion so we can end all this senseless bloodshed... CoD -> Call of Diplomacy??

                          nope you'll just get called a liberal peace loving hippy in the lobby

                            • Re: Can anyone advise on a morally and ethically sound way to play MW3?
                              rankismet

                              maccabi wrote:

                               

                              WKMMS wrote:

                               

                              maccabi wrote:

                               

                              as a rule of thumb, any gun you use that kills someone is a no0b gun or over powered,

                              using any equipment in the game if it kills someone is a wrong,

                              moving is wrong

                              whereas standing still is equally wrong,

                              using the minimap is wrong

                              using any perk at all is wrong

                              using a perk that stop people following you on the mini map is very wrong

                              sniping is wrong regardless of if you qs or hardscope

                              using any shotgun is wrong

                              where any ar is fine as long as it doesnt kill someone or you aim with it

                              all secondaries are wrong

                              using any machine pistol in akimbo mode is wrong

                              using any machine pistol without akimbo is wrong and makes you a no0b

                              claymores, bettys, nades, c4 , or anything that makes a bang is wrong

                              hmmmm.... how about if I just stand out in the open and ask people politely to lay down their armaments and enter a peaceful discussion so we can end all this senseless bloodshed... CoD -> Call of Diplomacy??

                              nope you'll just get called a liberal peace loving hippy in the lobby

                               

                              Pacifists have no place in COD.

                               

                              hehehehe

                        • Re: Can anyone advise on a morally and ethically sound way to play MW3?

                          Playing the objective while using th support streak will make you cheap.

                          Playing the objective while using the support streak will make you a tryhard.

                          Not playing the objective while using any streak will make you a camper.

                          • Re: Can anyone advise on a morally and ethically sound way to play MW3?

                            Well...  If you want to ensure that no one has a problem with your class setup and playstyle theis is the class for you:

                             

                            -Dragnov with stability and variable zoom

                            -USP with ext. mags

                            -Throwing knif... wait, since infected throwing knives are no longer acceptable

                            -Radar Scrambler

                            -Recon

                            -Blast Shield

                            -Sitrep

                            -Assault Strike package:

                                 UAV

                                 Precision Airstrike

                                 Osprey gunner

                            -Juiced death streak

                             

                            For a playstyle to go with this class, walk slowly around the map, but not too slowly, or youd be camping, and move generally towards the objective.  Make sure to zoom in on targets for at least 1 to 2 seconds before firing, and fire only one shot at the time, or youll be a spammer and quickscoper, and that would be immoral.  Never aim for the head, as this is a one shot kill, and therefore cheap.  Also, if you somehow get your precision airstrike, make sure you dont use it while your UAV is up, because it would be unfair to know where enemies are if you are using an airstrike on them.  Finally, whatever you do, make sure you dont ever win.  Everyone knows that the only way to win at MW3 is to cheat.

                             

                            This class set up should keep you out of trouble with the MW3 ethical police.

                            • Re: Can anyone advise on a morally and ethically sound way to play MW3?
                              JetEye

                              If you're talking about unsporting conduct, then not following the rules or the spirit of the game type would be considered unsporting.  For example, not capping bases, allowing the enemy to cap the base when you could have stopped them, not collecting tags, allowing the enemy to collect tags when you could have stopped them, not playing the objective, etc...Those are all less than honorable ways of playing.

                              • Re: Can anyone advise on a morally and ethically sound way to play MW3?

                                For the ultimate in non noobliness, I would use the following class.

                                 

                                Type 95- HB sensor, rapid fire

                                FMG9- Akimbo

                                 

                                Any lethal

                                Portable Radar or stuns/flashes

                                 

                                SOH pro

                                Assassin pro

                                Steady aim pro

                                 

                                Support package

                                UAV

                                Stealth Bomber

                                EMP

                                 

                                Final stand/DMH

                                • Re: Can anyone advise on a morally and ethically sound way to play MW3?

                                  Lol, OP nice one! =P To anybody who actually wants a serious answer, though, maybe read this, as it is actually an interesting issue.

                                   

                                  An important thing to note here is that you shouldn't pay too much attention to any negativity you may receive as a result of your playstyle/load-out choice/whatever. The main reason for this is because no matter how you play/what you do, somebody somewhere will dislike it and chuck an insult in your direction, misguided and inaccurate as it may be. For example, sometimes I get called a try-hard for capturing/defending objectives and racking up lots of kills... I just don't let it bother me. It is impossible to play in a a way that pleases everybody.

                                   

                                  At the end of the day, the game is for enjoyment, so do whatever is required for you to have fun. As long as it doesn't involve sitting in random corners for extended periods of time/ignoring the objective, it's ok in my books. Getting 'tubed may annoy me, but I don't think I have the right to tell that person to play in a different way, as they are fulfilling a purpose of sorts. For example, they may defend objectives using them or whatever. Only thing I cannot stand is corner camping in random spots as it greatly reduces the pace of the game and rarely aids the team effort.

                                  • Re: Can anyone advise on a morally and ethically sound way to play MW3?

                                    We really need a sacasm font;(

                                    • Re: Can anyone advise on a morally and ethically sound way to play MW3?

                                      You're suppose to run around like an idiot with your head on fire and let the other team win. No strategy is allowed at any time. You cannot stop for more then 2 seconds, otherwise it's camping. You're not allowed to hold down an area. You're not allowed to use a type 95, scar, acr or any other gun that shoots bullets. You have to take down enemy air assests with sniper rifles. You cannot have a high K/D (mine is 1.81 and I only play HTDM). If you do have one you're clearly a cheater. Skill is just crazy talk.

                                       

                                      The most important thing is to always remember; you're suppose to make the other team feel better about themselves.

                                      • Re: Can anyone advise on a morally and ethically sound way to play MW3?

                                        Yeah, get 12 of your mates and dress up in some army attire, "easy to aquire". Then go to your nearest corner shop, "about the size of these maps" and be quick about hiding behind one of the boxes containing quavers. Now you could just sit there all day waiting for one of your buddies to pop his head up from behind the counter containing fanta or you could run in the middle of the shop and spin around whislt spraying completely avoiding any tags along the way.

                                         

                                        This is not a dig at you m8.

                                          • Re: Can anyone advise on a morally and ethically sound way to play MW3?

                                            Lmao, but on a serious note, i've long learned not to play fair against people in this community. No one else does except for that one dude out of 5 games.

                                             

                                            FAD and MP9 both with extended mags, C4, SoH, Assassin and Dead silence. Come the fuk at me bros.

                                            • Re: Can anyone advise on a morally and ethically sound way to play MW3?
                                              WKMMS

                                              Adeeez100 wrote:

                                               

                                              Yeah, get 12 of your mates and dress up in some army attire, "easy to aquire". Then go to your nearest corner shop, "about the size of these maps" and be quick about hiding behind one of the boxes containing quavers. Now you could just sit there all day waiting for one of your buddies to pop his head up from behind the counter containing fanta or you could run in the middle of the shop and spin around whislt spraying completely avoiding any tags along the way.

                                               

                                              This is not a dig at you m8.

                                              I laughed so hard a little bit of pee came out.... true story

                                            • Re: Can anyone advise on a morally and ethically sound way to play MW3?

                                              The best way to play dis poo game is to take it out your box and smash the fuckin disc until it cries.