42 Replies Latest reply: Feb 29, 2012 2:43 PM by trialstardragon RSS

PLEASE, give us a Veteran Playlist.... PLEASE

iamhollywood5

Look, I want to enjoy MW3.  I honestly do.  But I just can't... I haven't played this game in over 3 weeks.  Sometimes I want to put MW3 back in and play it again but I'm instantly reminded of all the garbage in this game that is impossible to avoid and made me stop playing in the first place and almost break the disc.

Before the game launched, Robert Bowling was going about his usual trolling activities and fulfilling his job description of lying to the community, telling us that he was "pushing for a no-deathstreak playlist."  Well, this game has been out 4 months and that playlist has yet to see the light of day.  We shouldn't be suprised that we were blatantly lied to about just 1 more thing, but seriously, why can't we just have 1 bullsh*t-free playlist? Just 1, a simple moshpit type rotating the most popular game modes that has restrictions on all the things people find annoying.

I literally can't play more than 2 consecutive games of MW3 without rage quitting, ejecting the disc, and going back to Black Ops or BF3.  I haven't even tried the new Overwatch map because I just can't get myself to go through the chore of putting up with deathstreaks, akimbo machine pistols, stealth bomber spamming and EMP spamming, heartbeat sensors, Type 95's, and overall terrible weapon balance.

Please, IW, for the sake of your long-time hard-core (ex)fanbase that have played since pre-COD4 days, give us a Veteran Playlist.  All it needs is:

-No Deathstreaks

-No Support Strike Package

-Either no akimbo or no machine pistol secondaries at all

And then various restrictions on things that the community would vote on in these forums or elsewhere (voting on whether certain weapons like the ACR, Type 95, MP7, and Striker should be restricted, and other things like the Assassin perk, the UAV, heartbeat sensors/portable radars, and the Kick proficiency).

I'm skeptical because restricting certain guns from this playlist would basically mean IW would be admitting that yes, those weapons/attachments/etc actually are OP, and IW doesn't like to admit when they make mistakes.  Look, I really don't care if people can run around with all the OP garbage they want in every other public playlist, just give us ONE playlist where we can be free from that garbage. PLEASE!  Stop only caring about the casual weekend gamer crowd who want the easiest, most noob-friendly game ever made simply because they give you more of an economic profit because they are larger in numbers.  Please support the old-time COD veterans who got you to where you are today.

One last thing: Trialderpdragon isn't allowed to post here.  I tried to get that in the CoC but it didn't work.

• Re: PLEASE, give us a Veteran Playlist.... PLEASE

iamhollywood5 wrote:

Stop only caring about the casual weekend gamer crowd who want the easiest, most noob-friendly game ever made simply because they give you more of an economic profit because they are larger in numbers.  Please support the old-time COD veterans who got you to where you are today.

Not going to happen. Sad but true. I would love this.

The problem with this idea is that the non-veteran players would jump in and complain that those things aren't there to help them, and IW would eventually cave and reintroduce "just one or two" things, and then one or two more later, and eventually we'll just end up back to square one.

Otherwise, I support something like this.

Love the idea. Some things you have I am in dilemma, but good, nevertheless.

I would like for a total nerf of the knife lunge in that gamemode, as well. If possible.

vims1990

Not much work required by IW on their part:

- Disable deathstreaks (as they did for the Infection game mode)

- Disable support strike package (as they did for the Infection game mode)

- -Either no akimbo or no machine pistol secondaries at all (customized weapon loadouts - as they did for the Infected game mode)

Wow, what they did for Infected can be done for the Veteran Playlist.

Problem is that it doesn't cater to casuals who still require a helping hand.

anything that disables assassin and deathstreaks and camping little noobs im down

With as many players that bought the game, why should they cater to the so called dedicated fanbase that does nothing by whine and cry and rant because things are not how they think they should?

Basicly you want and old school game with new school graphics... pretty silly really if you can not get through more than a couple of matches because you have to rage over the weapons or perks or death streaks people use.

whats wrong with an old school playlist , lets bring in a paintball playlist to show homage to 007 goldeneye and perfect dark .

iamhollywood5

trialstardragon wrote:

With as many players that bought the game, why should they cater to the so called dedicated fanbase that does nothing by whine and cry and rant because things are not how they think they should?

Basicly you want and old school game with new school graphics... pretty silly really if you can not get through more than a couple of matches because you have to rage over the weapons or perks or death streaks people use.

apparently you have just as little respect for old school gamers as IW does.

Look, if there are 30 playlists in MW3, you can have 29 of them be as noob-friendly and skill-irrelevent as you want.  All we want is ONE freaking playlist out of all those 30 that is enjoyable for the old-schoolers.  You can have 29 playlists in which you can enjoy using your Dead Man's MOAB.

what is a veteran playlist?

dont listen to trial with his 0.9 KD. He jsut wants a noob friendly game lol

There you go again assuming I give a damn about K/Dr like the rest of the elitest pricks that think it means something. I play more than just TDM, infact I play every game mode, so K/Dr means nothing to me. I play the objective, I do not need to kill whore to have a high k/dr to feel good about playing the game like you must need to do. Sad really, yet funny at the same time.

Go chase some red dots.. oh wait you cant as much and that is why you hate assasin pro.

yup keep raging show that 12 year old spark in you. people who say KDR means nothing usually have a bad one..... to scared to show your pitiful stats so carry on young padawan.

You think im assuming?''I do not need to kill whore to have a high k/dr to feel good about playing the game like you must need to do. Sad really, yet funny at the same time.Go chase some red dots.. oh wait you cant as much and that is why you hate assasin pro.''

oh the irony.

find some friends please. You clearly dont have any here.

You really are an idiot I take it. I am 39 years old will be 40 in just a few months. Been playing games like these for over 30 years. I had my first console at age 9, my first computer at age 10. So I do understand a lot about how these games work. I lived through the time when consoles were nearly killed off because big producers kept trying to give the consumers what they wanted and it eneded up ruining the quality of the games to where consumers finally stoped buying them and consoles like the Atari and the intelevion and colecovision were hurt in sales.

Oh I have friends I play with in the game, as for here I do not need friends on some website you tool of a fool. So yeah try again big guy you failed with that one patheticly.

It is not that I am affraid to show my stats, stats mean nothing to me you moron. I do not give a damn what your kdr or wlr is in this game and never will. So those stats you like to make a big deal about mean nothing to me. They do not prove a damn thing at all. Unlike how you seem to think they do. there is no reason for me to show them to try and prove anything to you, I have no reason to prove anything to you or anyone else. Only you need them to prove something to people; on the other hand I am old enough to not give a damn what you think or care about. That is why I do not have to show them to you.

I dont care about your life story... tell your imaginary friends.

40 yrs old and playing video games? What a life. Anyway

Fool of a tool? Really? Your 40 and lack such knowledge it upsets me. Read a book not these forums.

If you dont care about my opinion, then why do you keep commenting? Might as well post your stats and live up to the legend you are Mr. Trials(I cant stop laughing). Stats do mean something. If you have a 0.90 KD or lower, you are crap. Case closed. KDR and W/L ratio are in a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER for a reason. How are you supposed to track if your doing well in a game. I may play for fun but losing and dying isnt fun now is it? I have expectations  for myself like I do for school if I dont meet them in school and I do get mad. Not the same case for COD but yea I expect myself to actually do good or Its boring.

Back to the topic. I would like a veterans playlist. It would give me a break from noob mans hand and final handicap

Stats do not mean nothing you are fool for think they do, your so called stats will not get you anywhere in life really. For this is just a game and nothing more kiddo. So keep telling yourself that those stats matter.

And yes I will be 40 soon and still playing games, there is no cut off age to if a person should or not play games. there are many on this forum just as old and even older than me kiddo. so you reall know nothing like you try to act like you do.

LOL can not handle the player that uses a deathstreak and ends your sorry kill streak eh. LOL what a joke and riot.. stop rushing and getting to close to them. In the average week when I play the game I maybe die to those two streaks... maybe 10 times.. why.. because I play a long game where those streaks are less effective.

Only the rusher/cqc fools die from them the most and so whine about it ending their precious kill streak.

So no this game does not need a handicap player lists just because some kiddies do not want to learn or adapt and change up their playstyle ever.

Whaaa! I can not handle the full game as it was meant to be played. Please make me a playlist just for me... I do not want to have to adapt or change or learn. I want my old skills to still be supreme in the game. It's not fair.

For the record I am one of the oldschool gamers, I have played games probably longer than most here on these forums. Even with that fact I do not see the need for anything like an old school retro game playlist ever in the game.

In fact I think they should get rid of barebones to tell the truth.

iamhollywood5

trialstardragon wrote:

In fact I think they should get rid of barebones to tell the truth.

Alright, writing this down.  Take a picture, documenting it, everything.  This is going up on my office wall on the "Top 10 list of the dumbest things CoD forum members have ever said."

In all seriousness, apparently you don't think anybody else should ever enjoy the game in a different way than you do.   I don't think I've heard anyone say MORE playlists in a game is a bad thing.  In fact I've never heard anyone have a problem about there being an Old School playlist in CoD4.  By this logic, you would also be saying that everything they've done in MW3, a game which you fiercly believe has no flaws, in an effort to support more playstyles and give more ability to "customize your experience", is all bad.  It's bad that they give people an option to use the Support or Assault Strike Package.  It's bad that they have hardcore modes.

Everybody out there should share the same exact playstyle as you because obviously yours is the best and anyone who wants something slightly different is just an idiot.  Everybody should play the game mode that YOU want, everbody should use the killstreaks YOU like, etc.  NEWSFLASH: Just because YOU like deathstreaks doesn't meant there isn't a community that DOESN'T like deathstreaks. Just because someobdy else has a different playstyle than you, they shouldn't be able to use that playstyle at all? How in all hell does affect you in the slightest to have 1 game mode that doesn't have deathstreaks while you can continue to play in your deathstreak playlist?

Seriously, can I somehow ban you from posting in any of my threads for the rest of eternity?  I'm afraid when other viewers read your posts it might actually degrade their intelligence.

No, because they are not your threads fool and tool. Once you post them they belong to IW and Activision not you anymore. learn the simple fact that on a public forum like these you own nothing you put here.

Those that do not like deathstreaks are just whiners that their oh so precious kill streak was ended by something other than a players gun. Get over it, it is just a game and nothing more. So no there does not need to be a playlist just to cater to your crying whinning arse about how you can not handle or adapt and overcome death streaks.

Lol trialstar, you get in so many arguments with other forumers here its like a regular thing

I know, and it does not matter to me. I do not take any of it too personal. Because after all this is just a game meant for fun and entertainment and nothing more. It's is why I actually take being called a Troll as a compliment and now at times call myself the DragonTroll.

If my words can upset a person so easily and so much that they have to resort to some of the actions they do, then it just proves they are not as mature as they first think they were. And I  am quite willing to play the game until a mod says its time to stop. For it is just a game to me just like playing the game is just a game to me. I take neither any more serious than the other. For it is not serious to me. It is all fun and jest not my fault if others can not seem to figure this out.

I love to mirror back to those that think their view is so much better just how much it really is not. Some people just can not accept when that happens. They can not face the fact that somoene may chose to disagree for the sake of disagreeeing just because they can. They come here and express a view and think that everyone should agree with them, that no one should dare say anything bad about what they say or want. They only want to see their side of the coin and think the grass is greener on their side of the fence. When really it is just as brown on both sides yet they will not ever accept that possible outcome.

But I have said to much and revealed just a little bit more of the dark natured humor I have when dealing with so many of the forum goers here.

Lol I can attest to that, but you mentioned the mods here telling you to stop.

...I think we both know thats not happening, given their average activity around here

Eh, they do from time to time when I push the rules to far. Foxy is very good at doing that when he thinks I have overstepped my limits too much. I just learn to keep within the rules better each time after that happens. Foxy is a great teacher on learning to deal with things beyond what is expected at times.

The reason they do not tell me to stop as often is because even though my style of commenting can be abrasive or harsh at times, I sitll can make a valid point with it. It becomes the readers job to find it and understand it at that point.

I dun just come out with the answer clear as day, instead of prefer dark as night so a person has to really learn on their own and not just have it fed to them by a golden spoon.

iamhollywood5

quite honestly I think the only reason you aren't banned from these forums is because you one of the biggest IW fanboys this forum as ever seen.  BTW I stopped reading your post so you will just be wasting your time if you keep writing the Great Wall of Text

Whether you agree or disagree to what he says is irrelevant. The whole point of this is to get peoples idea on a classic style playlist.

Stop trying to prove a point that everyone that likes the old style playlist is a 'red-dot hunting' player. I'd like to point out that there was in fact UAV Jammer in COD4. FYI it stopped them appearing on radar as a red dot. So players who have been with the COD series for years aren't 'red-dot hunters'.

You haven't made a valid point in this thread. This is an IDEA.Getting rid of Deathstreaks, support package or making it a 'Classic Playlist' isn't such a bad idea. If your 'valid' point is, your a noob learn to play game then you don't understand the word valid. Telling people they think something shouldn't be in a game because it isn't fair a whiner isn't a 'valid' point, it's just downright harsh.

I for one think a 'Classic Playlist' is an awesome idea, COD4 is by far the best COD game made. Only reason I don't play it is because I'm in Aust and hardly anyone does.

The point I make is that if you need anyting removed you are not really a CoD player, you are whiner that needs things fixed to work for you and can not handle the full game as it was meant to be played. So yes there is a point I make in what I say. Even if you did not see it or wish not to see it.

CoD4 is not the best game it is far from it. Again that is just your view and not a fact.

People just do not want to have to learn or adapt or change how they play, instead they want the developers to cater to them so they can remain in the dark ages in how the game is played. They want their old school skills to still work with out any need for change or improvement. Just as the Halo 3 players cried about the changes in Halo Reach. For that reason alone this game does not need anything like a retro, or classic playlist. The whole reason to play a new game is to learn more and improve and not just continue to use the same set of skills all the time.

...and some of the original maps from MW1 and MW2.  Just not the addons in MW2.  Terrible excuse of mapping and todays technology.

I miss the areas in the first two you could go, but for no apparent reason, stopped in the addons with MW2.  Maybe to many devs couldnt handle themsleves and would get 'handed' in the early maps.  Although MW3 isnt as bad as B.O. (face it this title stank), its still pretty sad that some areas that we should be able to get to or on.. we cant.

Only one reason for this and that reason is the fault of develop-mental staff to lazy to produce media to todays standards.  BF3 does a great job excpet for one map where there is a mountain in the middle but you cant drop onto it...

iamhollywood5

BF3 maps are entirely different, the maps are so big and wide open that it doesn't matter if you can use your MAV as an elevator to get to nefarious spots on the map because it wont help you much, unless maybe you are a sniper.  Certain spots in COD maps can break the game if people could get there.  I'm glad them made sure the maps were sealed tight in MW3 so people can't get into ridiculous annoying, unfair, and cheap spots.  When half the enemy team got on top of the buildings on Crossfire in COD4 it just ruined the whole feel of the match.  Same with Black Ops (actually a great game IMO) - i'm very glad they kept people out of those "glitch" spots.  Stuff like that just doesn't belong in CoD.

the tops of the roofs in cross fire was a pain in the ass to do.

There are some spots on the maps that are blocked off and even look like the devs at first had the spot accessible to players but later decided to block them off.

one prime example is on underground in the food court area, theres a little corner that is blocked off by tipped over tables but if you notice there is a chair set up against the planter which looks like it was there to have someone overwatch that area. even though the planter can be shoot through IW must have decided for some odd reason.