7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2012 7:39 PM by r8edtripx RSS

Huge problem on Liberation!!!

Hi Everyone-

I am creating a thread to inform the community of something I have found after testing it countless times with friends in private matches.  I noticed on public matches that opponents would be soundwhoring me with dead silence on so I did the tests on some private matches to verify the issue.  The new map Liberation appears to be a fun map to play.  The map is designed with a lot of leaves that have fallen onto the ground.  When running around WITHOUT Dead Silence on the leaves, the sound is very audible.  When running on the leaves WITH Dead Silence, the sound is EXACTLY the same as without it.  What is the point of having a perk that is completely useless on a map?

I can hear anyone with Dead Silence just walking on leaves from insane distances, as it sounds identical to a non dead silence user.  Why hasnt anyone on Xbox noticed this?  Is this a PS3 exclusive glitch?  Can someone who has Xbox test this out with some friends and post?  Thanks for the help in advance.  I am sorry, but this is a gamebreaking glitch for a map.  You can barely walk on the map without rustling leaves. 

What is next?  Is the next map going to cancel out Assassin?  How about canceling out Stalker anytime there is dirt/sand or anytime a player isnt on pavement?  It is just another thing that IW/SH have really screwed up on.  Let me know your opinions and I look forward to hearing your responses.  Thanks

• Re: Huge problem on Liberation!!!

leaves have always made noise. if you want to take a quicker route to an area/obl, you will have to give up the chance to be silent.

Pokevirus wrote:

leaves have always made noise. if you want to take a quicker route to an area/obl, you will have to give up the chance to be silent.

Yes leaves have always made noise, so has snow.  In COD games, when you equip dead silence, you have always been silent. You have always been quiet on surfaces that would make non dead silence users louder such as leaves, snow and metal. Its a perk, and no other perk in the game is ever negated.  Imagine for the Assassin users if you entered the middle of the map, you were seen on radars.  What would be the point of a perk then?

Guess noone uses dead silence huh?

scumbaggah

Well I haven't noticed considering I barely see anyone move around on Liberation anyway, Every game I have played on it has been a huge campfest.

r8edtripx

dedicatedserversplease wrote:

Hi Everyone-

I am creating a thread to inform the community of something I have found after testing it countless times with friends in private matches.  I noticed on public matches that opponents would be soundwhoring me with dead silence on so I did the tests on some private matches to verify the issue.  The new map Liberation appears to be a fun map to play.  The map is designed with a lot of leaves that have fallen onto the ground.  When running around WITHOUT Dead Silence on the leaves, the sound is very audible.  When running on the leaves WITH Dead Silence, the sound is EXACTLY the same as without it.  What is the point of having a perk that is completely useless on a map?

I can hear anyone with Dead Silence just walking on leaves from insane distances, as it sounds identical to a non dead silence user.  Why hasnt anyone on Xbox noticed this?  Is this a PS3 exclusive glitch?  Can someone who has Xbox test this out with some friends and post?  Thanks for the help in advance.  I am sorry, but this is a gamebreaking glitch for a map.  You can barely walk on the map without rustling leaves. 

What is next?  Is the next map going to cancel out Assassin?  How about canceling out Stalker anytime there is dirt/sand or anytime a player isnt on pavement?  It is just another thing that IW/SH have really screwed up on.  Let me know your opinions and I look forward to hearing your responses.  Thanks

The biggest problem with Liberation is that the map SUCKS so HARD!!