4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2012 3:06 AM by esmorgue RSS

How do I change my NAT Type?

On the side bar my NAT Type says 'OPEN'. My friend's NAT Type says 'MODERATE'. They can't join my party, vice versa. Does anyone have any advice?

Latest reply: on Mar 28, 2012 3:06 AM by Replies: 4 in CoD: MW3 PlayStation 3
        • Test #1
          Re: How do I change my NAT Type?

if your friend has a copy of mw2 he can use that to open his NAT

Last Edited: Mar 28, 2012 1:41 AM
          • Test #1

Best thing that ever happend to me getting a moderate NAT, not been the host a single time since it happend and the game is playable now.

So long as someone has an open NAT there is no reason why anyone cant join anyone, its when you have 2 moderate or strict NATs problem start with parties.

Last Edited: Mar 28, 2012 2:07 AM
            • Test #1

Best way, is to log into your router and either set a static IP address for you PS3 and link that with your PS3, (loads of Vids about it on youtube) which will get you an open NAT type..

Either that, or the fastest way is.. turn off your Firewall while playing.. (now people who dont know what firewalls actually do.. will prob think this is a stupid idea)

Before warned though. If you change to NAT type 1, you will get host a lot (if you have good internet).. and lose and slow down randomly during a game thanks to the lag com

Last Edited: Mar 28, 2012 2:59 AM
              • Test #1

Depending on his router type, he can access it and go to nat filtering or something that deals with the NAT and open it.

Last Edited: Mar 28, 2012 3:06 AM